Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

So any chance of you removing the forced Lvl 1 from Iconic RACES or do we have to spend turbine points to do that....or are you maybe adding a way to get LR+Xs in game..you know other than an incredibly rare and random drop. I mean something more like how you can get TRs with Epic Tokens.

Also random side question...any chance of Morninglords being Elves being changed any time soon...its makes no sense Aasimar would suit them much more (lore wise, stat wise and likely enhancement wise)

Also I'm putting in my vote for a "Full True Reincarnation" for a quicker option (without loss of the Epic Reincarnation of course)
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Kobold eat rat tonight!

OOOHHHH SHINEY!

I like.

voting yes for one stop ETR -----> level 1.
    voting yes for option to skip beach and go to hall of heros (especially now that it has bank!)
    voting yes for completionist to be changed to passive.
    voting yes for completionist to stack with itself up to three times.
    voting yes for more graphs and charts!
    voting yes for searchable, tabbed TR cache!

+1 devs
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 10-11-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

Iconic True Reincarnation (ITR)
    Iconic characters can ITR to earn a class-based Heroic Past Life and an Iconic Past Life.
    You must be at level cap to do this.
    Non-Iconic characters cannot ITR

I'll point out that with the level cap at 28, a first and second life Iconic character has to earn more XP getting to cap from 15 than they saved by starting at 15, while a 3rd life Iconic has to earn about the same amount of XP; however, the devs have mentioned that they want to bring the level cap up to 30 in the not-too-distant future, which will require earning much more XP for the Iconic character than the heroic, and that's before taking into account that the plan currently is for 3rd+ life Iconics to no longer get auto-leveled to 20.

This looks like a problem. At the very least, if an Iconic starts at level 1, they should be able to Iconic Reincarnate at level 20, otherwise you're forcing players who have purchased a specialty race from you, to have to earn more than 2x as much XP as a non-Iconic that wants to TR. It means that using an iconic to accumulate past lives is never efficient, unless you absolutely do not want to be running through the early and middle heroic levels.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fredericko View Post
    It would better not involve 20 commendations of heroism or you can all go buy pichfork-proof coats.

What is a number that is greater than the sum total of all commendations of heroism I have earned on all my characters added together to date?
    (and I'm not exactly a casual player)

So I'll start sharpening my pitchfork for sure.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    if an Iconic starts at level 1
    They don't.

Iconic lives start with the XP to reach level 15, both after any kind of TR that allows a New Life or with a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    No, there will be a mechanic in game that will allow you to earn Hearts of Wood thru gameplay.
    Since a TR heart can be obtained with standard tokens, how about an ER heart being obtained with greater tokens?
    Last edited by Saravis; 10-11-2013 at 12:47 PM.

This is slightly off-topic, but still relevant.

Reincarnation is getting a revamp.
    Quest XP Is getting rebalanced.
    Hero and Legend lives are getting XP requirements adjusted.

The game is accelerating again, however, raiding is still seen as an all-or-nothing aspect of DDO. If you're a player that enjoys heroic TRing, you don't raid. The drop rates are too low to make farming for the item you're looking for feasible, and 20 completions hold up your TR timeline.

Can either the number of completions persist over reincarnations, or the Magic Number for a completion list be changed from 20 to a number that is reasonably achievable in an incarnations lifespan?

Default Cool

This sounds cool
    Smash and Grab

Community Member

Question on the Karma points. You earn them from maxing out a sphere, yes? So that means you have to max out a sphere again but still keep the destinies maxed out and can use the abilities from that sphere? Was not too much info on that aspect of the change.

Also, you say you can't TR into an iconic if you were not an iconic. Is this ever going to change? Would love to TR my sorc into a bladeforged for the easy healing an no Cha penalty.

I must say I am liking the process so far depending on what the bonuses are of course. Just might make me excited to play again.
    Last edited by Da_Most_Shady; 10-11-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    The game is accelerating again, however, raiding is still seen as an all-or-nothing aspect of DDO. If you're a player that enjoys heroic TRing, you don't raid. The drop rates are too low to make farming for the item you're looking for feasible, and 20 completions hold up your TR timeline.

Can either the number of completions persist over reincarnations, or the Magic Number for a completion list be changed from 20 to a number that is reasonably achievable in an incarnations lifespan?
    Amen... Even if it only allowed X completions to carry forward it would be helpful. I usually get 3-6 CitW's in each life... If you count all lives my main would be sitting at probably 100+ CitW's and still doesn't have a Pinoin. I've seen 3 of the 20 completion lists on lives a lingered on and none had it. The hunt for Pinion is the single thing that ticks me off the most about ddo, and that's saying something given I've *****ed about the ladder bug since 2006.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    Also, you say you can't TR into an iconic if you were not an iconic. Is this ever going to change? Would love to TR my sorc into a bladeforged for the easy healing an no Cha penalty.
    Anyone can TR into anything, just when Iconics TR they need to use a Iconic TR at Lvl 28 instead of a Heroic TR at Lvl 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by fredericko View Post
    It would better not involve 20 commendations of heroism or you can all go buy pichfork-proof coats.
    Make all raids of base level 17 or higher drop Commendations, and I won't complain.

2014 DDO Players Council

/signed

Community Member

Definitely co-signing the part about Epic and Iconic Hearts being obtainable without grinding out raids. I'd really prefer they be solo-farmable, maybe have Epic FR quests drop Tokens of the War Wizards or something?

Default Iconic Pastlives

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere:

Are Iconic PLs stacking (3x) or acquirable only once?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

This all sounds delightful, I'm quite impressed. I particularly love the idea of the toggle benefits, that's a great way to give us flexibility and control.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Anyone can TR into anything, just when Iconics TR they need to use a Iconic TR at Lvl 28 instead of a Heroic TR at Lvl 20
    Correct. With U20 the plan is that you can switch in and out of Iconic with any new life (from either kind of True Reincarnation).

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Are Iconic PLs stacking (3x) or acquirable only once?
    Iconic Past Lives stack three times, and are similar to Epic Past lives in many respects, including passive and active toggle components.

so for those of us still working on our completionists and stuff, The process is going to be:

1. Get to Cap.
    2. use an Epic Heart.
    3. LR through the 20 levels.
    4. Use a heroic heart.
    5. profit...

Retaking the 20 levels just to immediately TR seems like it's going to be a waste of time. You had mentioned that if there's a demand for "Retrain this current life" you guys will code it. I'm voicing my vote to code it, please.
    I have been asking to keep this on the task list, so much so they are calling it "Erik's Total Reincarnation"...I think that's a joke. But yes, we will be watching the trends in the beginning to see how many Epic characters jump on the ER heart and quickly turn around to HTR. (Voting is also ok. )

The user experience in this case could be simular to ITR -- lv cap [at 28] as a non-iconic character, True reincarnate as an epic character (probably a new Heart of Wood), start at level one with an Epic and Class PL. (Same as quite above w/a couple steps skipped) --
    Again, this will not be in U20; I left it out of the OP to keep focus on U20.
    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper if we then just get a 5th Heart named Epic True Reincarnation that combine the Epic and Heroic for the Total Recall, I mean Reincarnation?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Just a few questions I'm not sure about.

First the toggle system how does it work? I understand the Epic system getting the past life but then you say we can only have 1 active at a time? Does this mean that from the toggle system I can only have 1 active over all or 1 active per sphere or 1 active per epic past life or from your example just 1 active per past life which you can choose from 1 or the other per past life?

Second I definitely would like to have just 1 option for EPL + HPL on the use of a EPL heart of wood.

Lastly from what I understand you are saying that Iconic "races" will be able to be played by any class now? Can you please confirm or will that still have to start out with there respective starting class?

I have been asking to keep this on the task list, so much so they are calling it "Erik's Total Reincarnation"...I think that's a joke. But yes, we will be watching the trends in the beginning to see how many Epic characters jump on the ER heart and quickly turn around to HTR. (Voting is also ok. )

The user experience in this case could be simular to ITR -- lv cap [at 28] as a non-iconic character, True reincarnate as an epic character (probably a new Heart of Wood), start at level one with an Epic and Class PL. (Same as quite above w/a couple steps skipped) --
    Again, this will not be in U20; I left it out of the OP to keep focus on U20.
    In this situation, one could easily simply randomly take any feats, any skills, any level ups.
    Since the build would no longer matter as a Heroic TR would follow the Epic Reicarnate.
    Choices would be simple and very fast, resulting in under 10 minutes of gameplay.

More time would be spent emptying your reincarnation bank.
    More time would be spent farming challenges for tokens to turn into True Hearts.
    More time would be spent post on the forums and chatting with friends to plan out your next life.

So, while this seems like a problem, don't sweat it.

Pratical experience watching Cloey do three lives in one week proves that this is not a real concern.

I repeat, its very, very easy to randomly choose stats (including 08 int), skills, and feats to level back up to 20.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast