Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Regarding Iconics, I collected the following information:

Iconics CANNOT use Heroic True Druidic Hearts (stated in the OP). Therefore they Cannot do an Heroic TR at lvl 20

" Iconics can Epic Reincarnate, Iconic True Reincarnate and use all LR Hearts of Wood."
    Still, Iconics can TR to a regular Class...

• An Iconic can reincarnate and start on the beach at level 1 as something else.
    From that I infer, that:

- if you are a regular heroic, you can do an heroic TR at lvl 20 with an HEROIC heart of wood. You can then pick a regular race and start at lvl 1 at the beach or pick an Iconic race and start at lvl 15.

-if you are an Iconic, you can perform an Iconic TR at lvl 28 with an Iconic heart of wood. You can then pick a regular race and start at lvl 1 at the beach or pick an Iconic race and start at lvl 15.

That is the only way I can understand Iconic beeing able to TR out of Iconic races without beeing able to use regular heroic hearts.

Am I reading something wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadriel View Post
    Regarding Iconics, I collected the following information:

Iconics CANNOT use Heroic True Druidic Hearts (stated in the OP). Therefore they Cannot do an Heroic TR at lvl 20

Still, Iconics can TR to a regular Class...

From that I infer, that:

- if you are a regular heroic, you can do an heroic TR at lvl 20 with an HEROIC heart of wood. You can then pick a regular race and start at lvl 1 at the beach or pick an Iconic race and start at lvl 15.

-if you are an Iconic, you can perform an Iconic TR at lvl 28 with an Iconic heart of wood. You can then pick a regular race and start at lvl 1 at the beach or pick an Iconic race and start at lvl 15.

That is the only way I can understand Iconic beeing able to TR out of Iconic races without beeing able to use regular heroic hearts.

Am I reading something wrong here?
    Seems right to me.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We are only planning to add Fate Points with U20.

A fourth Twist of Fate slot is a strong contender if we decide to add Epic Completionist, however.
    Extra fate points are worthless without more twists to spend them on.

Geoff.

would be great if i can get and answer to that question (my english isn't really good and i think i've read contradictions, so better having a yes or no to that question, which is the only thing that worries me about iconics, lr, etc)

will my bladeforged be able to use the lr+20 that you gave us when the enhancement release, so i can rework it from 0, i'm gonna take the exactly same lvls sooooo being forced to take 1st pally lvl doesn't affect me, what wouldn't make me happy is passing from a lr+20(or +19 or whatever) to a simple LR

OP said i will be able to use LR, but also said that LR would change, and said i could use a lr+20 but aaaaaaaaaaaalso said they managed some way to force us to take the 1st lvl as a class(when iconic is a race)

sooooooooooo not sure about the answer lol

tyvm in advance

rest of stuff won't affect to my tr toon, well, less xp to cap isn't a big deal now that we have gh saga, they should add necropolis saga and leave the xp as it is, less xp needed = less packs needed (unless the nerf bat strikes really hard is i suggested in the "xp changes in quests" post XD)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Not read the entire thread, just the Dev posts, so apologies if this has been asked before:

Has the option been considered to allow us to gain 'Karma' in multiple destinies/spheres, and then Epic TR and gain an Epic Past Life feat for each complete sphere of Karma. In short, gain multiple Epic PL's per Epic TR?

It might encourage some players to hang around at 28, helping create a somewhat artificial 'end-game' over what we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Unfortunately, no. Note that we're intentionally calling it Epic Reincarnation and not True Reincarnation. Epic Reincarnation is in some ways more similar to Lesser Reincarnation, in that you are not really starting a New Life.
    So does that mean that if I E-TR back to 20, I keep my favor and flags (like DQ, Von, Citw, FoT, etc) .. and have to work back up to 28 with no 1st time bonuses?

Only daily, pot... etc bonsus?
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKoneko View Post
    So does that mean that if I E-TR back to 20, I keep my favor and flags (like DQ, Von, Citw, FoT, etc) .. and have to work back up to 28 with no 1st time bonuses?

Only daily, pot... etc bonsus?
    the way I am thinking it will work is it will bring you back to lvl 20. any quests you have run prior to lvl 20 would have their first time bonuses gone and any quest after should get the first time bonus again.

Much like when I capped my Juggernaught life and farmed my ED's in heroics I skipped every single quest with Epic content to retain the first time bonuses when I got to epic.

I plan to do the same on my way to Epic Reincarnation assumeing that Epic Reincarnation will reset quests done after lvl 20 to first time bonus.

this is mostly speculation at this point but, if its not known at release I will be testing this.

Question

One more question, and apologies if this has been asked, but shouldn't a heroic character at level 28 be able to earn a Heroic past live and an Epic past life at the same time in the same manner as Iconics (who can earn an Iconic past life and Epic past life simultaneously) ?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    One more question, and apologies if this has been asked, but shouldn't a heroic character at level 28 be able to earn a Heroic past live and an Epic past life at the same time in the same manner as Iconics (who can earn an Iconic past life and Epic past life simultaneously) ?
    Non-iconic heroes can get a class past life and an epic past life at the same time. The epic reincarnation will decrease them from 28 to 20, and then they can immediatelly use a heroic true reincarnation to get their class past life.

Iconic heroes, on the other hand, can either get an epic past life (deleveling from 28 to 20) or an iconic/class past life (deleveling from 28 to 1). They can't TR at level 20.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

One more, sorry.

Is this right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    I would hope you can change your race and class, not all of us like to repeatedly play through the same toons over and over again.
    Well, I guess that is the point where you would do a Heroic TR in addition to the EP, right?

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Extra fate points are worthless without more twists to spend them on.

Geoff.
    more points you can get higher tier twists. not at all worthless.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    more points you can get higher tier twists. not at all worthless.
    I have sense weakness, improved power attack, and healing power.

And even with 100 extra fate points, this will stay as it is without extra slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

One more, sorry.

Is this right?

http://www.gamergeoff.com/images/2013-10/reincarnation chart.png
    Almost.

Iconics do not get epic, iconic AND class past life at the same time. They can either get 1) Epic past life and go back to 20; or 2) Iconic AND class past life and go back to 1 (or 15 if iconic again).
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I have sense weakness, improved power attack, and healing power.

And even with 100 extra fate points, this will stay as it is without extra slot.
    Great. So you don't need to farm Epic past lifes for Fate Points. Less grind is good, right?

One more, sorry.

Is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Almost.

Iconics do not get epic, iconic AND class past life at the same time. They can either get 1) Epic past life and go back to 20; or 2) Iconic AND class past life and go back to 1 (or 15 if iconic again).
    also you cannot TR an EPIC toon and get the epic past life. either you TR and get the class PL and goes back to 1, or you ER and get the Epic Past life and go back to 20

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Great. So you don't need to farm Epic past lifes for Fate Points. Less grind is good, right?
    You mean, less things to do, and less reasons to log in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    You mean, less things to do, and less reasons to log in?
    That too. But I like to focus on the positive.

Also, you will not ER to get fate points, but we still have to see the epic past lives themselves (and the in-game price of the Epic Heart) to set judgement if they are worth the grind.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Default Sovreign Reincarnation - Sovreign Heart of Wood

I think one additional tier of Reincarnation should be added.

I'm sorryif this has already been suggested...search fu sux.

They should add an option to combine a TR and ER into one event. Only available when eligible for ER, but go all the way back to lvl 1 complete a new heroic life but continue on to earn a new Epic life. Award Heoric PL feat at 20 and epic PL feat at 28.

Regarding Karma, It seems as though their concession for not wiping our destinies is introducing yet another system to grind. Regardless of if you have your destinies maxed or not. However this post..

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Good set of questions, points of confusion or even areas where I was too vague. We won’t be able to address all of this in one thread.
    From my parsing the list so far, here is a suggested list of other topics for us to cover: (topic titles TBD)
    "What are the PLs, seriously what do I get for this?",
    "Grandfather Karma" Or "So you've completed all your EDs already, have some Karma",
    "Where to find Hearts of Wood",
    "Reincarnation planning simplified, one build at a time",
    ...anything with pictures, charts and/or graphs.

Since I covered 4 types of Hearts of Wood in this post, it's a bit heavy. I am glad to see the community help clarify some of the nuance, so thank you for that. I’ll start working on the deeper dive topics next, while trying to let the Systems and engineering team focus on building it out. I hope to gather a solid FAQ list to address common questions from this thread.

~E
    At least leads me to believe they plan on reimbursing us at lease some karma for us who have maxed our destinies already.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast