Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm sorry to see the 38 point idea go away, but otherwise it looks decent from where I'm sitting.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    If ER is similar to LR, does that mean you keep everything from your previous life? By that I mean:
    -favor,
    -quest/raid flags,
    -xp ransack and "first time bonuses used"?
    Why wouldn't you? It's an LR+0

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I have seen a lot of posts today clearly stating that they think 1 AC for sacrificing their XP from level 20 to 28 is a great idea.
    While I appreciate the suggestions, I have to disagree, earning a PL feat that only grants +1 to AC is a ridiculous idea.
    +5 PRR as suggested by others would be much more attractive.

other than that I am very pleased with the new direction.

patiently waiting for more info on EPL and IPL feats. Take your time and do it right.

Community Member

When will these passive past life feats be available after a TR? Do I need to get back to 15 to use the iconic and 20 for epic, or do I benefit immediately from them?

For sake of development time, we do not level you back to 20 on the path of your previous [custom] build, that said, if you find re-leveling 20 levels with each ER a deterrent, a "train me on the path of my previous build" option could be added - as an opt-in step in the new reincarnation zone - but is not currently planned for development.

~E
    Please seriously consider putting in this "train me on the path of my previous build" option! I am sure, like myself, there are many folks who will epic reincarnate many times and have no desire to go through the whole lvl 1-20 training over and over again.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

So...reading comprehension check...

1st life HTR can choose iconic for 2nd life, goes to lvl 15.
    2nd life HTR can choose iconic for 3rd life, goes to lvl 15.
    3rd+ life HTR can choose iconic for 4th+life, goes to lvl 1.

Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    It is an LR+0. The goal isn't really to alter your Heroic qualities during Epic Reincarnation.
    So is favor affected by ETR?

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Will folks with existing destiny XP get retroactive "Karma" points(whatever those may be) or are the people with all destinies completely maxed SOL?
    Will folks with existing destiny XP get retroactive "Karma" points(whatever those may be) or are the people with all destinies completely maxed SOL?

As we are adding new forms of Reincarnation, we are being more specific about the names of Hearts of Wood. True Reincarnation is currently specific to Heroic levels 1-20, and is being renamed Heroic True Reincarnation (HTR). Iconic Heroes have their own progression from Level 15 to cap (currently 28) and they may also TR using the Iconic True Reincarnation Heart of Wood (ITR). As previously posted, Epic Reincarnation only impacts Epic levels above 20, since the "True" implies starting at level 1, this item is called Epic Reincarnation Heart of Wood (ER).
    Thats quite a mouth full. Why not just call it Heroic Reincarnation, Lesser Reincarnation, Iconic Reincarnation and Epic Reincarnation? And the hearts; Heroic Heart of Wood, Lesser Heart of Wood, Iconic Heart of Wood and Epic Heart of Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by stilesm1 View Post
    Why wouldn't you? It's an LR+0
    Because running from 20 to 28 without a single first time bonus would kinda suck... :\

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    It was definitely sarcasm.

Translation: Don't worry, you won't be getting just +1 AC.

I still think it should be +5 PRR, though

Edit: To be clear about why I think the +1 AC should be replaced with something more respectable, it has to do with how laughable it is as a reward (particularly for end-game characters, who are the ones this is supposed to be designed for). It's so sub-par that in a way, it would be better just to eliminate it entirely so that people only focus on the decent bonus.

Imagine you go to a fast food place and you win a prize with your meal that says: "You win! You get $0.01 AND a free burger!" Okay, that's not a bad prize because of the free food, but the penny prize is going to leave people shaking their heads and wondering why they even bothered with that part.
    Thank you so much for that. Now it makes sence. Would have helped if he had put (Sarcasm) at the bottom of the post.

What is the cost of epic reincarnation?

Will I lose ED levels in the sphere from which I took the EPL feat?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    So...reading comprehension check...

1st life HTR can choose iconic for 2nd life, goes to lvl 15.
    2nd life HTR can choose iconic for 3rd life, goes to lvl 15.
    3rd+ life HTR can choose iconic for 4th+life, goes to lvl 1.

Is that right?
    The way I see it

HTR into Iconic (any life) start at 15
    HTR non-iconic (any life) start at lvl 1

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Karma is earned based on your active Epic Destiny. It doesn't matter if you have capped out your class XP (aka: you are at level cap), or if you have capped out your Epic Destiny XP (for your active destiny or in general).
    I think that means we wont be SOL but not sure..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Thats quite a mouth full. Why not just call it Heroic Reincarnation, Lesser Reincarnation, Iconic Reincarnation and Epic Reincarnation? And the hearts; Heroic Heart of Wood, Lesser Heart of Wood, Iconic Heart of Wood and Epic Heart of Wood.

I 2nd this.

Don't know if this has been brought up yet:

We currently get 1 free LR per life. This is going to change to characters getting an LR heart of wood on character creation. So will existing characters that haven't used their free LR still be able to use it or be granted a heart when U20 goes live? And will characters that HTR be given an LR heart upon reincarnating?
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Indeed.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Will I be able to take a character to cap, and reincarnate to lvl 1and gain a heroic, epic (and possibly iconic) past life feat all in one shot?

Call me old fashioned, but that's how I like to reincarnate: Take it to the top, and start it over.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    The way I see it

HTR into Iconic (any life) start at 15
    HTR non-iconic (any life) start at lvl 1
    Yeah. Sorry, I wasn't clear, I was responding specifically to:

• Iconics always start at 32 build points in their first life. For their second life, an iconic will bump up to 34 build points; once they have more build points, however, they cannot auto-level to 15 with Elminster or Lord of Blades. They must manually train back to 15.
    • Yes they do get the XP to take them to 15 regardless of the previous life....
    Seems to indicate that if you HTR into an iconic from a 1st life you would go to lvl 15 but from a 2nd life onward toon HTRing into an iconic would start at 1. (my first post failed to count that if you're on a 2nd life going into iconic would be at 36 build points...so only from a 1st life (non-iconic) would you get to lvl 15 as an iconic)

An additional question, though, is that lvl 1 iconic race required to be paladin/rogue/cleric/fighter first of will it be selectable in the character generation menu?

Community Member

Default Different Icons or Colors for the Hearts of Wood

It would be really nice, if there is going to be all these varieties of Hearts of Wood, for there to be a way to differentiate between them on sight. Whether is a slightly different icon for the Hearts of Wood or different colors of the same icon.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast