Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Is epic reincarnation going to reset favor rewards? having to rerun a bunch of low level quests at level 20 (many of which have no epic option yet) to get back bank/inventory space as well as other benefits would be a bit annoying.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This is useless to me, get me a 4th twist and you have something worth pursuing.
    it will allow you to keep the twists you want while leveling up your destinies again after you wipe them with the ER since ER will wipe the destiny that you choose to get the EPL in. to some people then 2-3 fate points they lose from the wipe will mess up their twists, so having alternative ways to keep the fate points is nice

Depending on how the requirements of ER works, the additional fate points could be an alternative to having to run in off-destinies.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Question

SO to recap (in the form of a question)

Current:
    1 ---> 20~28 ---> TR ---> 1 : Heroic Past Life Feat

Future:
    1 ---> 20 ---> HTR1 ---> 1 : Heroic Past Life Feat (using in game earnable H.wood)
    15 ---> Level Cap --->
    ITR2 ---> 15 : Iconic Past Life Feat
    ET32 ---> 20 : Epic Past Life Feat (need destiny points as well as level cap) (can then immediately HTR)
    20 ---> Level Cap + destiny points ---> ETR ---> 20 : Epic Past Life Feat + 1/3 fate point (can then immediately HTR)

• Can TR (general term) into and out of Iconic Prestige Race(s)
    • HTR/ ITR / ETR hearts of wood all can be earned through in game mechanics (HTR the same - unknown mechanism for ITR and ETR)
    • Existing work in Epic Destinies will grant a one time only deposit of Destiny Points to be used.

1: Heroic True Reincarnation (HTR)
    2: Iconic True Reincarnation (ITR)
    3: Epic True Reincarnation (ETR)

or should we refer to these as HR/IR/ER? (just remove the True™)

Hope this makes sense and is correct as it represents my understanding.
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 10-10-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    it will allow you to keep the twists you want while leveling up your destinies again after you wipe them with the ER since ER will wipe the destiny that you choose to get the EPL in. to some people then 2-3 fate points they lose from the wipe will mess up their twists, so having alternative ways to keep the fate points is nice
    Wrong.

So at what level do past life benefits from iconic and true reincarnations kick in?

Also, I presume the real benefits of epic past lives are not as horrible as the ones you listed as examples right?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Goodbye Greater Reincarnation. If you have an account level upgrade for Champion builds (32 pt build), a Lesser Reincarnation will take the place of the Greater Reincarnation Heart of Wood. To apply the same benefit, take your 28 point [non-drow] character and use a LR Heart of Wood, your next build will start as a 32 pt build at level 1. (GR Hearts of Wood will be removed from the DDO Store and treasure drops but you may still use one, if you already have it, as a LR item.)
    Account level? So a per-server unlocked Champion at 1750 favor would not qualify for the 32 point upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Is epic reincarnation going to reset favor rewards? having to rerun a bunch of low level quests at level 20 (many of which have no epic option yet) to get back bank/inventory space as well as other benefits would be a bit annoying.
    This is a really good question. Any answers?

This...^^

And do your first time Bravery Bonuses get reset as well?
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    So at what level do past life benefits from iconic and true reincarnations kick in?

Also, I presume the real benefits of epic past lives are not as horrible as the ones you listed as examples right?
    The +1 AC is the only one that had me groaning. +1 to all skills (scaling up to +3) sounds perfectly acceptable to me (as long as they don't sneak in an "except UMD" clause, I'm getting really sick of those). And the +10% fortification is a good example of how making it a toggle is a good idea - it's not all that great of a bonus most of the time, but for those EE quests loaded with sneak attack mobs, I can imagine it being very handy.

But to back up what his Trolliness has already pointed out, +1 AC is an almost non-existent benefit. If they want to go with a good defense benefit option, they should try something like +5 PRR. That wouldn't be game-breaking by any means, but would still be nice to have for any character.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Since they're describing ER as being more like LR than TR (...now there's a sentence that should be complete gibberish to an outsider...), complete with putting you through a "free" LR in the process, I would imagine we'll still be keeping our favor.

Would still be good to get official word on this, of course.
    Last edited by dejafu; 10-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    But to back up what his Trolliness has already pointed out, +1 AC is an almost non-existent benefit. If they want to go with a good defense benefit option, they should try something like +5 PRR. That wouldn't be game-breaking by any means, but would still be nice to have for any character.
    That's absolutely worth it.

Very important question . . . does ETR reset your heroic favor?

Clear your heroic and epic XP as well as Karma from the Epic Destiny Sphere you selected,
    I have a character that is currently completely maxxed out. Previously there was mention that there would be concession to previously accumulated Destiny XP, is that changing? Are we going to start with any karma for the xp we previously earned or is everyone starting fresh?

If my TR buddy got the flu and doesn't play for 3 or 4 days, while I keep raiding / farming and earn an excess of karma... those additional karma points will be lost? (Effectively, you guys always "Keep the change" when buying the EPL...)

so we can tr bladeforge into a pure artificer or monk?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    No, there will be a mechanic in game that will allow you to earn Hearts of Wood thru gameplay.
    Like lvl28 augments dropping in chests?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Will folks with existing destiny XP get retroactive "Karma" points(whatever those may be) or are the people with all destinies completely maxed SOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    What happens to a character that lesser reincarnates with epic levels?
    Lesser Reincarnation is mostly the same as before. You return to your existing character level.

Epic Reincarnation is similar to Lesser Reincarnation in that respect, but you stop at level 20. And of course you gain an Epic Past Life feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Lesser Reincarnation is mostly the same as before. You return to your existing character level.

Epic Reincarnation is similar to Lesser Reincarnation in that respect, but you stop at level 20. And of course you gain an Epic Past Life feat.
    is Favor reset?

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Will folks with existing destiny XP get retroactive "Karma" points(whatever those may be) or are the people with all destinies completely maxed SOL?
    I hope we get credit for capped destinies, but we will continue to earn karma points even after the sphere and destiny are capped:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    To clarify our thinking on earning points in a Sphere: You continue to earn points in the sphere of your active Epic Destiny even if your Epic Destiny is capped on XP. There is a cap on the points you can earn in a Sphere, and you spend these points when performing Epic Reincarnation. Sphere points act like currency, even though they are normally earned alongside experience.

(Eventually we're going to come up with a real name besides "points in a Sphere".)
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast