Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Only one question at the moment:

What happens to a character that lesser reincarnates with epic levels?

Do they lose the epic levels already gained?
    {new concept}
    Or

Do they gain Epic Xp to level up to their epic levels already earned?
    {old ideas}

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    Can non-iconic class (I have a completionist) TR into iconic class to gain iconic class PL feats?

edit:
    Nevermind, reread the OP and found the answer.
    "You can start a new life as an iconic race after a Heroic or Iconic True Reincarnation."
    Oh if this is right then i'm already drooling over a TR into a pure ninja shadar-kai
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Question Gender change possible?

Epic TR sounds great.

Have the development team considered allowing a Gender change upon reincarnation? Is it possible to include this?

Maybe this has already been asked and answered; if so, would someone please fill me in?

Thank you.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    There is one thing that LR and ER have in common, besides a TLA (Two Letter Acronym).

~E
    New word for Fawn, woot!

I seriously gotta state and I don't mean to offend . . . but whomever though +1 AC in the CURRENT game was a worthy PL reward doesn't know this game at all.

Glin . . . + 1 AC for a martial sphere life is a complete joke, kill that in the womb and make it +1 tactics.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

so far, like what I read. Anticipating more details and will participate in the Lamdaland trials.

Glad to hear can earn the new wood in game - and hopefully nothing will change about the current method to earn HTR wood.

thank you for communicating! Thank you for listening! And really thank you for the changes coming in the xp curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I seriously gotta state and I don't mean to offend . . . but whomever though +1 AC in the CURRENT game was a worthy PL reward doesn't know this game at all.

Glin . . . + 1 AC for a martial sphere life is a complete joke, kill that in the womb and make it +1 tactics.
    Other than a bit of confusion on my part about lesser reincarnation, this is the only issue that I see.

I have heard over and over and over again from players inside the game:
    Something along this:
    "It depends upon the rewards whether I epic tr again. If its good enough, yes I will otherwise I will not."

Carrots and their worth will probably be a trial run of how do you think these are on the Xoriat server?

I like the overall framework of this a lot.

I hope the 1 AC past life is not representative of the passive past life feats...

AC is ok as a target, but in a world where 50 AC is a low AC and AC is the least effective melee damage mitigation, 1 AC for a 6.6 Million XP is not attractive... it needs to be 3 or 5 points of AC per life (one AC is something less than .2% damage mitigation in practice). I might do that past lives for the 30% active fort toggle. But please make the passive have a small but noticeable value.
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 10-10-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf View Post
    Can you change your RACE with an epic TR? Please say yes
    I would hope you can change your race and class, not all of us like to repeatedly play through the same toons over and over again.

If I reach level cap 28 (30 down the road) and reincarnate to level 1 I know I get a class past life, but do I also get an Epic past life when I reach 20 again? Or do I have to ER first to get the epic past life and then HTR?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I like the overall framework of this a lot.

I hope the 1 AC past life is not representative of the passive past life feats...

AC is ok as a target, but in a world where 50 AC is a low AC and AC is the least effective melee damage mitigation, 1 AC for a 6.6 Million XP is not attractive... it needs to be 3 or 5 points of AC per life (one AC is something less than .2% damage mitigation in practice). I might do that past lives for the 30% active fort toggle. But please make the passive have a small but noticeable value.

I believe (and hope) that was merely an example of what it could be rather then what it is since as many have said +1 ac(or +3 total) isnt really worth it, a +5 ac per PL wouldnt be bad since it seems the active abilities granted with the past life also stack, so a toggleable +3 to skills is definately worth it, . so rather then the passives it seems that the active abilities will be more of what people go after, which makes sense in a way, people would go after the heroic PL's abilities more if they were autogranted rather then costing a feat slot.

If you're planning on getting both a past life and epic reincarnation feats you're going to need two hearts: one for heroic and another for epic? Have I got that right? Most of the system sounds good but that one part seems a little excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but at most you can do 4 2 1 now, 9 more points would allow you to do higher tier on the other 2 twists. True, you might not want higher tiers on the other two, but it allows those that do, to do it.
    Seems to me that we'll have a total of 29 fate points in the game now, which means we can now do a 4/3/2 tiering with our twists. Which is nice, I have a toon aching to twist Prism/Rainbow/Double Rainbow into Draconic

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Yes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    If I reach level cap 28 (30 down the road) and reincarnate to level 1 I know I get a class past life, but do I also get an Epic past life when I reach 20 again? Or do I have to ER first to get the epic past life and then HTR?
    Good question, although from the looks of it (atleast to my ability to read) if you go to cap (28) and HTR, you will get a PL and have 8 Epic levels still once you hit 20

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I am not going to go into detail here on Heroic True Reincarnation, except for context - at level 20 you may start a new character, gain additional stat points (up to 36, after your second life), and earn a class specific Past Life for the characters dominant class. The XP required to level will increase in successive lives as it does currently, but a significant change to the second and third tier XP curve will take effect: total XP required to level to 20 will be lower than it is on live today. For the third tier XP curve this is a huge player benefit at the final heroic levels. (XP Curve values are still in design discussion, but that said, the total XP required for first tier/first life level 1-20 will not change.) There are not a lot of changes to the Heroic Reincarnation experience, and they essentially don’t touch any Epic levels you may have gained before your decision to reincarnate.
    so HTR will only effect levels 1-20, not sure how the system will handle having 8 epic levels at lvl 1, if it'd just ignore those till you hit 20 like it does destinies or what. but it seems to the the EPL you need to ER, which will take you to 20, and then be able to immediately use a HTR to get the HPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Seems to me that we'll have a total of 29 fate points in the game now, which means we can now do a 4/3/2 tiering with our twists. Which is nice, I have a toon aching to twist Prism/Rainbow/Double Rainbow into Draconic
    This is useless to me, get me a 4th twist and you have something worth pursuing.

1 ac for pl feat, turbine will never learn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by waryJerry View Post
    If you're planning on getting both a past life and epic reincarnation feats you're going to need two hearts: one for heroic and another for epic? Have I got that right? Most of the system sounds good but that one part seems a little excessive.

Hmm, without word on what you need to get an Epic heart of wood, its hard to say its excessive, 20 tokens per heart of wood isnt bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Will my non-Iconic character be able to perform some sort of reincarnation to become an iconic character (in order to gain the iconic PL's)?
    Would like to see this answered.
    Dorian

To clarify a point that may be unintuitive, coming from the existing Heroic Past Lives:

Each Epic Past Live is not associated with a specific destiny. Rather, each Epic Destiny Sphere has a list of Past Lives associated with the sphere. We are currently expecting that each Sphere will have 3 different past lives when U20 launches, which is 12 Past Lives total.

These past lives do not require a feat slot and are always automatically granted.

One of the reasons we went with the single feat that has both a passive and active 'toggle' component was so that we had more freedom to create stronger 'toggle' abilities while attempting to not utterly destroy balance between newer vs. veteran characters. We still wanted to maintain the smaller passive bonus so you always gained some benefit from additional Epic Past Lives (besides building up to more Fate Points). This means that someone with only one Epic Past Life in each Sphere is not extremely far behind in power compared to someone who has all the Epic Past Lives, but that second character has far more options. Those additional options are also more valuable if your decide to take that character through some Heroic TRs and completely switch playstyles. Some past lives favor casters vs. melee, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK_and_AWE View Post
    Is there a hard limit to the number of fate points you can earn?
    Yes, based on how many Epic Past Lives you can gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Will my non-Iconic character be able to perform some sort of reincarnation to become an iconic character (in order to gain the iconic PL's)?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    So iconics can earn completionist just going from 15-28 and then iconic true reincarnating? Since you would be gaining the Class PL aswell as Iconic PL each life. So you can earn completionist by 1-20 or 15-28?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf View Post
    Can you change your RACE with an epic TR? Please say yes
    Unfortunately, no. Note that we're intentionally calling it Epic Reincarnation and not True Reincarnation. Epic Reincarnation is in some ways more similar to Lesser Reincarnation, in that you are not really starting a New Life.

Correct me if I'm wrong but at most you can do 4 2 1 now, 9 more points would allow you to do higher tier on the other 2 twists. True, you might not want higher tiers on the other two, but it allows those that do, to do it.
    Correct.

It was mentioned in the very first teaser about Epic Reincarnation something like 'would you want to earn another 2 ability points'?
    We are currently planning to retain the cap of 36 build points. This is partially a result of the changes to the proposed design for Epic Reincarnation to only return you to level 20 instead of level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Will there be a 4th twist slot as well or just the extra fate points?
    We are only planning to add Fate Points with U20.

A fourth Twist of Fate slot is a strong contender if we decide to add Epic Completionist, however.

Note that Iconic Past Lives are considered their own category in any case, separate from both Heroic and Iconic past lives. We're likely to make this more obvious by putting them into their own feat categories, similar to the way current Epic Feats all live in their own category in the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    on an er with all eds completed, will you still earn karma points ?
    Karma is earned based on your active Epic Destiny. It doesn't matter if you have capped out your class XP (aka: you are at level cap), or if you have capped out your Epic Destiny XP (for your active destiny or in general).

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast