Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default PL feats

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I have seen a lot of posts today clearly stating that they think 1 AC for sacrificing their XP from level 20 to 28 is a great idea.
    While I appreciate the suggestions, I have to disagree, earning a PL feat that only grants +1 to AC is a ridiculous idea.
    While 1 AC isn't a benefit at all, I would like to see some defensive benefits you can build for, perhaps as has already been suggested +5 PRR or 1% dodge would be very popular. It would also be nice to steer clear of replicating feats that are already awarded as passives (like damage, tactics, spell pen) . Some synergies that would make sense....

Monk martial - 1% dodge
    Fighter martial - 5 PRR
    Barbarian primal - +2 seeker
    Rogue martial - 5% stacking blur/concealment
    Paladin divine - regenerate 50 hps/min
    Bard arcane - +2 to all skills

Default U20 Lama preview

"Soon," we should be seeing a Lama build with a preview of the reincarnated Reincarnation systems, a look at how the XP for certain quests will be altered, and also the new Sorc pre. Will these be simultaneous previews, or happening in stages?

I wouldn't be surprised if dealing with the recent dupetastic activities (and the post activities review process) took a bite from development time (not like y'all just got a bunch of folks sitting around waiting to deal with this carp) that may have been previously allocated to the above endeavors. Any chance of a brief word about scheduling? Such as "X" has had to be delayed, or "nope, all things are still on schedule" and when (besides "soon") this should be hitting Lama? Is there a prospective target date for U20 (Live version) that you can share?

Over all very impressed with the current redesign of reincarnation vs it's original iteration. Still trying to digest the plethora of information and imagine I'll have to wait for Lama to get real handle on most of it, hence the timing questions.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Question Too long a thread to read it all but...

My only doubt is: can I tr to an iconic, to get the PL feats, and then TR back to a regular heroic? or if I tr to an iconic I'll be forever locked as an iconic?

I have a question, about the Epic one, will you lose favor if you go back to level 20?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    While 1 AC isn't a benefit at all, I would like to see some defensive benefits you can build for, perhaps as has already been suggested +5 PRR or 1% dodge would be very popular. It would also be nice to steer clear of replicating feats that are already awarded as passives (like damage, tactics, spell pen) . Some synergies that would make sense....

Monk martial - 1% dodge
    Fighter martial - 5 PRR
    Barbarian primal - +2 seeker
    Rogue martial - 5% stacking blur/concealment
    Paladin divine - regenerate 50 hps/min
    Bard arcane - +2 to all skills
    What are bards?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Nonsense. A Wizard gets 1 DC from the PL and can get another from completionist. That's 2 total. Divine DC casters are weaksauce even with 20 PL.

These PLs need to pay to be worth it or people won't bother.

My suggestion: Ignore Sirgog.
    And 9 spellpen, and another stacking 3 DC on several CC/instakill spells.

Unless you don't understand what modifiers like that do on a d20 roll (like all the clueless people that say 'oh there's not much difference between 71 and 66), you immediately know that this is the difference between DC spells being strong in EE content and being worthless.

DC casting is in a bad enough state at the moment without making multiple past lives an absolute mandatory prerequisite for it.

Signed - someone that didn't have the caster past lives when MOTU launched, and so spent months unable to DC cast in EE Drow content on my caster, despite having experience soloing many old epics.

My question to you is - given that EE content monster stats will be tuned for characters with maximum past lives, why do you want to exclude newer players from EE by making their stats hopelessly behind those of veterans?
    Last edited by sirgog; 10-10-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    I see no reason to do complete heroic TR from level 1 unless you don't have access to iconic races.
    That applies to your first 12 ITRs. By doing that, you have 4 prestige races x 3 IPL feats, plus the 12 HPL feats you obtained as surplus. You are then capped on ITR benefits. You may then do further HPLs via HTR and not ITR, assuming this is more efficient time wise than the 15 to 28 shuffle.

Of course, this system means that triple completionists are not getting the HPL benefits from their ITRs in addition to the IPL but so be it... they still obtain the IPL benefits so the time is not wasted overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandyb View Post
    I have a question, about the Epic one, will you lose favor if you go back to level 20?
    Almost certainly not, as Turbine likely regret making so many TP available through true reincarnation as it is.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    And 9 spellpen, and another stacking 3 DC on several CC/instakill spells.

Unless you don't understand what modifiers like that do on a d20 roll (like all the clueless people that say 'oh there's not much difference between 71 and 66), you immediately know that this is the difference between DC spells being strong in EE content and being worthless.

DC casting is in a bad enough state at the moment without making multiple past lives an absolute mandatory prerequisite for it.

Signed - someone that didn't have the caster past lives when MOTU launched, and so spent months unable to DC cast in EE Drow content on my caster, despite having experience soloing many old epics.
    Do you know anything about DDO?

Drow require SPELL PEN . . . NOT DCs. 1 PL with decent gear and EDs is enough.

/Signed - somebody who's second-life caster pwned EE MoTUs because he's actually good at DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    The +1 AC is the only one that had me groaning. +1 to all skills (scaling up to +3) sounds perfectly acceptable to me (as long as they don't sneak in an "except UMD" clause, I'm getting really sick of those). And the +10% fortification is a good example of how making it a toggle is a good idea - it's not all that great of a bonus most of the time, but for those EE quests loaded with sneak attack mobs, I can imagine it being very handy.

But to back up what his Trolliness has already pointed out, +1 AC is an almost non-existent benefit. If they want to go with a good defense benefit option, they should try something like +5 PRR. That wouldn't be game-breaking by any means, but would still be nice to have for any character.
    I do not agree +5% prr is an indirect nerf to S&B tanks. I would argue for a +2% to dodge and dodge cap instead.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I don't see why we need "karma" points. Isn't maxing a destiny enough? No need to over complicate things with yet another type of points.
    The original proposition included clearing your ED XP when you Epic Reincarnated. There was a major outcry that people farmed EDs and would lose that. Thus, to keep ED progression intact, Turbine created "Karma", that in practice will be the same thing as ED XP, but will be cleared when your ER.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I do not agree +5% prr is an indirect nerf to S&B tanks. I would argue for a +1% to dodge and dodge cap instead.
    First off . . . S&B tanks are so terrible right now that I don't think it matters . . . but how would it be a nerf when they can get the same perk?

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Note that Iconic Past Lives are considered their own category in any case, separate from both Heroic and Iconic past lives. We're likely to make this more obvious by putting them into their own feat categories, similar to the way current Epic Feats all live in their own category in the character sheet.
    Requesting a purely cosmetic change: can you please also put all the existing Heroic past life feats into their own category, too, for easier viewing? Thanks.

• Iconics can Epic Reincarnate, Iconic True Reincarnate and use all LR Hearts of Wood.
    So after re-reading the OP it still seens to me, since Iconics cannot do an Heroic TR, that once you are an iconic, you will not be able to TR out of iconic races. Meaning if you do intend to get all Heroic and Iconic PL, for example, your final life will not be allowed to be, say, a halfling.... that sucks.

Hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    First off . . . S&B tanks are so terrible right now that I don't think it matters . . . but how would it be a nerf when they can get the same perk?
    Because beyond 130 prr there is very little value of investing in more prr. One of the few advantages to S&B builds is they can more easily reach 130ish prr then other builds. Well if everybody can reach 130ish prr fairly easily then yet another advantage of S&B builds has disappeared. Dodge is much better because it can improve everyone. I would settle for a 5% physical mitigation increase that would equally affect all builds.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    The way I see it

HTR into Iconic (any life) start at 15
    HTR non-iconic (any life) start at lvl 1
    The way I read it is:

HTR into iconic (any life) start at 1 (requires level 20)
    HTR non-iconic (any life) start at 1 (requires level 20)
    ITR into iconic (any life) start at 15 (requires level cap, currently 28)

HTR isn't discussed much, except to say that it's meant to work much the same, and Iconics will have access to it (and it is specifically called out that an Iconic can HTR back to level 1).
    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    "Half the party was vomit sprinklers, then the boss rolled in."!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I guess that does give new meaning to the term "spawn point."
    Orien Toons: Rahzza TR2 Cleric/25 | Tanytha TR3 Cleric/2 | Khayel TR2 Rogue/25 | Lucindah TR2 Fighter/17

I have seen a lot of posts today clearly stating that they think 1 AC for sacrificing their XP from level 20 to 28 is a great idea.
    While I appreciate the suggestions, I have to disagree, earning a PL feat that only grants +1 to AC is a ridiculous idea.
    yes 1 AC is useless with the newer to hit formula. someone tell me what the difference to be hit with a 70 or 73 ac at lvl 28.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Quote Originally Posted by Kadriel View Post
    So after re-reading the OP it still seens to me, since Iconics cannot do an Heroic TR, that once you are an iconic, you will not be able to TR out of iconic races. Meaning if you do intend to get all Heroic and Iconic PL, for example, your final life will not be allowed to be, say, a halfling.... that sucks.

Hope I'm wrong
    re-re read the op..
    • An Iconic can reincarnate and start on the beach at level 1 as something else.

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    Tie fate points to Character Levels instead of Epic Destiny levels.

Something like that would go well with Epic Reinc, I think.
    That is a god-awful idea for anyone who has worked on getting twists of fate via the ED system already.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    re-re read the op..
    Edited: ah got it now, it is not what-you-are-tring-into hearts, it is what-you-are-tring-out-of hearts
    Last edited by Kadriel; 10-10-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast