Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Community Member

If you tr into an iconic, can you choose all your class levels? Or is your 1st class level locked in as it is currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Thats quite a mouth full. Why not just call it Heroic Reincarnation, Lesser Reincarnation, Iconic Reincarnation and Epic Reincarnation? And the hearts; Heroic Heart of Wood, Lesser Heart of Wood, Iconic Heart of Wood and Epic Heart of Wood.
    It sounds like the word "True" is included to indicate "total character reset" - which means you lose stuff like quest completions, favor, etc. Considering how often we've already asked whether Epic Reincarnation resets favor back to 0 or not, it does seem like an important distinction to make.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Are there any plans to change the current Heroic Past Life feats to use the same system as the new PLs you are introducing?

As it stands, most of the active Heroic Past Life feats are not worth taking, this could be a good way to consolidate passive/active feats and make some of them more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I think that means we wont be SOL but not sure..
    It reads (at least to me) "you will earn", not that you will get rewards based on what you've already done, which would be "have earned".

Leaving it vague like that isn't going to do Turbine any favors.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Will we still have to level through off destinies to earn fate points or is there hope for an improvement?
    Tie fate points to Character Levels instead of Epic Destiny levels.

Something like that would go well with Epic Reinc, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Seems to indicate that if you HTR into an iconic from a 1st life you would go to lvl 15 but from a 2nd life onward toon HTRing into an iconic would start at 1. (my first post failed to count that if you're on a 2nd life going into iconic would be at 36 build points...so only from a 1st life (non-iconic) would you get to lvl 15 as an iconic)
    What that post is saying is that you can't follow the auto generated path with 36 point Iconics. You have to make your own build and manually take the levels to 15, which is only optional for Iconics normally. You're given enough experience to hit level 15, and you then have to go to the trainers and level up with your own path.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    It reads (at least to me) "you will earn", not that you will get rewards based on what you've already done, which would be "have earned".

Leaving it vague like that isn't going to do Turbine any favors.
    The Turbine folks give new meaning to the word vague...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    Will I be able to take a character to cap, and reincarnate to lvl 1and gain a heroic, epic (and possibly iconic) past life feat all in one shot?

Call me old fashioned, but that's how I like to reincarnate: Take it to the top, and start it over.
    A few times this question or questions similar to this one have been asked but not answered yet. If you level to cap and TR what do you get? Just a class past life? A class past life & and epic past life? Do you have to ER before you HTR in order to get epic past life? Please explain.

Default Preserve Appearance?

While Reincarnation is on the operating table, can you please consider a way to preserve appearance for Lesser Reincarnates at least? It wouldn't make sense for True, but for Lesser there should be a checkbox to do so or even just be presented as the default option when the doll appears.

Or, even better, have a way to export appearance to a config file and import it on character build, even if only by manually entering the corresponding numbers.

I'm color blind and have a few characters I've wanted to Lesser Reincarnate for a long time and always chicken out because I am afraid I'd never recreate them properly.

So, looks like I'll have to buy the expansion pack (or at least the iconic "races") for access to Iconic Past Lives.

This is how it's look for me from now on.

I will Epic TR my current character when I hit level 28, then I'll do a regular TR to an Iconic race.
    I'll level from 15-28, then either do an Epic TR or Iconic TR.
    Rinse and repeat.

My playing time will be spent from level 15-28 only from now on.

Iconic TR will cover the "old heroic" past life feats as well as Iconic past life feats. (levels 15-28)
    Epic TR will cover the Epic past life feats. (levels 20-28)

Most likely I'll do 4 Epic TR to get at least 1 past life feat from each sphere since I can have 1 active from each sphere then alternate Iconic with Epic TR.

I see no reason to do complete heroic TR from level 1 unless you don't have access to iconic races.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Is the ridiculous part the granting of AC or the only granting +1 AC? If it's the later, I agree that the past life should grant much more than +1 AC.
    I'm guessing it is the latter, though I'm sure some people will vote for former.

My suggestions:
    Passive/toggle
    Martial:
    +2/4/6 tactics/ +10/20/30% damage to helpless enemies
    +1/2/3 sneak attack die/ by pass 10/20/30% enemy fortification
    + 1/2/3 to all saves / attacks bypass incorporeal/displacement/ 20% dodge

Primal:
    +5/10/15 universal spell power/ by pass 5/10/15 enemy energy resistance
    +5/10/15% ranged attack speed(bows AND thrown)/ ranged attacks gain a 7% chance to deal 1d10 random element type,/1d6 random ability damage/ damage now increases by 1 die per 10 character levels
    +2/4/8 seeker/ +1/2/4 critical threat range(after all other effects have been applied)

Divine:
    +5/10/15% healing amp(stacks cumalatively with paladin, so adds up to 30% with three of these and three paladin)/ weapons you equip gain lesser undead bane/undead bane/disruption
    +10/20/30 positive spell power/whenever you are struck in combat, you have a 10% chance to be affected by a cure light wounds/cure moderate/cure serious on yourself. Affectedby spell power, can't trigger more than once every 60/45/30 seconds.
    +8/16/25 light spell power/ your equipped weapons gain metalline/ gain aligned/ gain blinding

Arcane:
    +8/16/25 fire, lightning, cold, acid spell power/ your metamagics cost 1/2/3 spell points per metamagic per spell(note, unlike other effects, this does not reduce heightening per level heightened)
    +1/2/3 to all spell dc's /whenever an enemy saves against one of your spells, they gain a stacking -1/2/2 penalty to all saves, stacking 2/2/4 times.
    + 3/6/10 universal spell power and +1/2/3 damage on all attacks/ whenever you crit with a spell, you gain + 3/6/10 temporary hit points, and whenever you crit with a melee or ranged attack, you gain 3/6/10 temporary spell points.

Arcane

I don't see why we need "karma" points. Isn't maxing a destiny enough? No need to over complicate things with yet another type of points.

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    Tie fate points to Character Levels instead of Epic Destiny levels.

Something like that would go well with Epic Reinc, I think.
    most of us who already farmed out all our Epic destinies to unlock all our fate points do not like this idea.

Thumbs up

I just wanted to say that it makes me really happy that they appear to be using my suggestion (Karma) for the name of Destiny Sphere points!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...66#post5100666
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    If our only source for balancing Normal difficulty was these boards we'd be out of business pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Community Member

Do you have to empty your TR Cache for Epic Reincarnation?

Default More info to roll out later

Good set of questions, points of confusion or even areas where I was too vague. We won’t be able to address all of this in one thread.
    From my parsing the list so far, here is a suggested list of other topics for us to cover: (topic titles TBD)
    "What are the PLs, seriously what do I get for this?",
    "Grandfather Karma" Or "So you've completed all your EDs already, have some Karma",
    "Where to find Hearts of Wood",
    "Reincarnation planning simplified, one build at a time",
    ...anything with pictures, charts and/or graphs.

Since I covered 4 types of Hearts of Wood in this post, it's a bit heavy. I am glad to see the community help clarify some of the nuance, so thank you for that. I’ll start working on the deeper dive topics next, while trying to let the Systems and engineering team focus on building it out. I hope to gather a solid FAQ list to address common questions from this thread.

~E
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    most of us who already farmed out all our Epic destinies to unlock all our fate points do not like this idea.
    And even those who have but get physically sick at doing it for every alt they ever roll, do agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

This looks like a very exciting bit of news, a few questions:

1. Have you thought about reducing/eliminating the timers associated with reincarnation? Can you be more specific with regard to which reincarnations we may do back to back as opposed to others we cannot?

2. Are any changes being made to existing heroic past life feats (both active and passive)?

3. With its relatively substantial decrease in power, is your mind open to the possibility of liberating the completionist feat?

4. The karma idea is complicating things, is this really necessary?

5. Just to clarify, with the 1st level of an iconic being "reincarnatable" - we can, in essence, have pure iconics without being pigeonholed into a select initial class?

Thanks for getting to any of those you can.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I have seen a lot of posts today clearly stating that they think 1 AC for sacrificing their XP from level 20 to 28 is a great idea.
    While I appreciate the suggestions, I have to disagree, earning a PL feat that only grants +1 to AC is a ridiculous idea.
    1 AC might be too weak, but don't make the mistake of making it a 5% power increase (like the overpowered heroic PL feats).

Those PL feats are the main reason that caster DCs crept so high, forcing your content designers to inflate monster stats higher and higher. At present, a tactics character without 3 fighter PLs, or a tank without 3 paladin PLs is 15% behind someone that's done the grind (and a DC caster is not even close to viable without 3 Wizard and 3 Sorc PLs and possibly 3 Cleric and FVS as well).

People have suggested PRR as an alternative - just keep in mind that due to the sharply diminishing returns on PRR, this will actually help non-melee toons more than it will help melees. Going from 10 to 25 PRR is much more significant than going from 120 to 135.

My suggestion:

One melee life: +2 AC, +2 To-Hit, 2% fortification
    Two melee lives: +3 AC, +3 To-Hit, 3% fortification
    Three (or more) melee lives: +4 AC, +4 To-Hit, 4% fortification.

plus the toggle on top of that.

Each step feels like an improvement, but none are the ridiculous 5% boosts that have created such a vast gulf between veterans and newbies.

Finally, if my understanding of karma is correct (each point of XP earned in a sphere, including points that go 'over the top' of a filled destiny, contributes to karma), then getting martial karma on caster toons is going to be extremely painful, and likewise getting arcane karma is likely to be painful on melee and physical ranged DPS toons. (The other spheres offer at least something to each major character archetype, even if it is more marginal - a ranger will find some benefits in Unyielding, for instance, if not much). This is just the core failings of the ED system coming up again.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Those PL feats are the main reason that caster DCs crept so high, forcing your content designers to inflate monster stats higher and higher.
    Nonsense. A Wizard gets 1 DC from the PL and can get another from completionist. That's 2 total. Divine DC casters are weaksauce even with 20 PL.

These PLs need to pay to be worth it or people won't bother.

My suggestion: Ignore Sirgog.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast