Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    Community Member

Question Tokens for Hearts??

Just want verification on whether the tokens of the twelve will still be a viable option for obtaining TR Hearts. Rumors are flying that the only way to get hearts "in game" will be with Commendations of Valor. Not a good idea. Since I'm TR'ing at level 20 back to 1, I won't be spending the time running sagas for commendations. Please Turbine, tell me this isn't true! Tell me I can still use my epic tokens to get my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by marisub View Post
    Just want verification on whether the tokens of the twelve will still be a viable option for obtaining TR Hearts. Rumors are flying that the only way to get hearts "in game" will be with Commendations of Valor. Not a good idea. Since I'm TR'ing at level 20 back to 1, I won't be spending the time running sagas for commendations. Please Turbine, tell me this isn't true! Tell me I can still use my epic tokens to get my heart!
    Latest official word from the devs is that when U20 goes live:

1) Epic tokens will still drop from Eberron epic quests as the do now (except the LoD chain)
    2) You will still be able to convert epic challenge mats to epic tokens
    3) You will still be able to buy heroic hearts from the 12 with epic tokens

Beyond U20, however, no promises are being made. They are clear in their intent to phase epic tokens out of the game eventually.

EDIT: Here's that dev post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I wanted to answer a couple of questions I've seen come up in the various threads in the past half a day or so. Just a reminder - this thread is the best place to give us your feedback right now, as it's got a lot of DDO team eyes on it.

In regards to Tokens of the Twelve: Tokens of the Twelve will continue to drop when Update 20 is released. One change will be that the Spinner of Shadows quest chain will no longer drop Tokens, since it is part of a Saga, so you'll get Commendations when you complete the Saga that these quests are a part of.

Challenges: Tokens of the Twelve will continue to be offered as a Challenge reward for Epic Cannith Challenges.

Community Member

Default TR from non-iconic to iconic

If I am a lvl 22 character that is NOT Iconic and want to TR into Iconic, do I need to become lvl 28 and use an Iconic TR?

Also, I want to TR into the Bladeforged. Will i get the new Bladeforged Cosmetic Armors from preordering on this character?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalnarac View Post
    If I am a lvl 22 character that is NOT Iconic and want to TR into Iconic, do I need to become lvl 28 and use an Iconic TR?

Also, I want to TR into the Bladeforged. Will i get the new Bladeforged Cosmetic Armors from preordering on this character?
    you will use a Heroic TR to become and Iconic in your next life.

you should acquire the cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by Dalnarac View Post

Rule of thumb is you TR OUT of a life, not into one. Iconic hearts are only for getting out of an iconic life, not into one. (And you must be 28 to get out of an iconic because it starts with enough xp for level 15.)

Regardless what type of heart you use (heroic, iconic, epic) you can choose to be anything you please in your next life, including an iconic.

Default Lost on LR, need help

Hey folks,

Sorry for the necro here. I'm a little lost on how to LR from Iconic to Iconic to dump that initial pally level.

Can anyone spell out the process for me here? Thought it went something like:

My toon:

Bladeforged
    16/arti/2mnk/2pal

HTR back to level 15

LR+1 to dump the pal level (want to go 2 ranger)

When I LR+1 though it is still forcing me to take that pally level at the life shaper, ideas on a way around this?

Thanks!

1st, you can't Heroic TR an Iconic. You will need to level to 28 to perform an Iconic TR.

2nd, you have 3 classes, none of which are a ONE level splash. So, in the case of your 2Pal splash, you will not be allowed to change 1 level to anything else, as that will result in your toon having 4 classes. Even if you had a +2 LR Heart and intended to swap out both pally levels, you would still have 4 classes (between changing the 1st pally level, and getting to the 2nd pally level), and that just ain't allowed.

So, if you're an Iconic Bladeforged with 2 Pally levels, and you want to be an Iconic Bladeforged with NO Pally levels, you'll have to cap (28), ITR into Bladeforged, take only 1 Pally level this time, spend your 15 levels of xp on the build you'd like (minus the 1 pally level), then LR +1 to swap that one pally level for the class you actually want (again, provided you're never exceeding the 3 class limit).
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930