Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    This is a bad idea because if you have an Otto's Box, you would TR, start at 7, level to 8 in about half an hr, drink a 50% XP pot, use the XP stone, jump to 19, and only have to level from 19 to 20 for a past life. TR done in 2 hours? I don't think so...
    And that's why I said TRs should start at 4 not 7 and who cares how fast someone TRs? Does it hurt you that they can spend the money? Do it hurt you that they can do it in 2 hours. Don't worry about what others are doing and just have fun with the game as it pertains to you.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    No, identity is the better word for both wf and fleshies. You're choosing your character's gender identity, not its anatomy.
    Pretty sure it's the other way around. I can rp my character with whatever identity I want but on character creation I choose the physical look (anatomy) of my toon.

If you're trying to make it easier for people to TR then why not just do a 10% increase per life up to 10 lives.

1st life ~1.9
    2nd life ~2.09
    3rd life ~2.30
    4th life ~2.53
    5th life ~2.78
    6th life ~3.06
    7th life ~3.37
    8th life ~3.71
    9th life ~4.08
    10th life and on ~4.49

Yes it increases it but the hard-core people can find another 100K to get the levels easily enough and for the people that just want a 36 point build they can do it fairly easily which makes it very attainable for casual players.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Pretty sure it's the other way around. I can rp my character with whatever identity I want but on character creation I choose the physical look (anatomy) of my toon.
    Rather, they're choosing to look that way.
    This is a world of magic, where you have cursed belts of gender-exploration.
    Transgenders might be about in more than just the usual manner- and if you were once once sex, and you chose to be another [or remain another after being forced into it], does it not become a matter of gender?

Gender is best described as a person's sense of identity over both their anatomical and non-anatomical natures.
    So long as you remain in one form, regardless of other circumstances, it can always be considered a matter of Gender, regardless of if Sex is or is not more apt in the context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

As far as epic XP goes, many quests at epic levels have 2 to 3 times the comparative XP of heroic quests.
    Keeping that in relative perspective, total epic XP would be comparative to perhaps 3mil heroic.

Of course, that's assuming you're basically just running MotU chain. Most of the other stuff- especially the new expansion- isn't near as good. Rather, its often disappointing for the level and/or quest length.

So really, an epic quest XP balancing is what we should be pushing, there ;P
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

We never see a character's anatomy (it's a family friendly game), only the look. A man who identifies as a woman, and dresses/presents herself as a woman in real life, would choose a female avatar if she wanted the avatar to represent her identify.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    Rather, they're choosing to look that way.
    This is a world of magic, where you have cursed belts of gender-exploration.
    Transgenders might be about in more than just the usual manner- and if you were once once sex, and you chose to be another [or remain another after being forced into it], does it not become a matter of gender?

Gender is best described as a person's sense of identity over both their anatomical and non-anatomical natures.
    So long as you remain in one form, regardless of other circumstances, it can always be considered a matter of Gender, regardless of if Sex is or is not more apt in the context.
    We are getting WAY off topic but given your definition of gender it does not contradict what I wrote. Regardless of the physical look of my character my gender can thus be whatever I decide it should be at any given time. The discussion began with someones suggestion of renaming gender to sex. If I am "choosing" to look that way via magic then sex is no longer the appropriate terminology for such an instance.
    My point is regardless of whether they use the word sex or gender depending on the individuals identity or motivating factor in making their decision the terms could either be correct or incorrect depending on the situation. It is therefore a pointless change as no word is going to adequately describe both situations.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    We never see a character's anatomy (it's a family friendly game), only the look. A man who identifies as a woman, and dresses/presents herself as a woman in real life, would choose a female avatar if she wanted the avatar to represent her identify.
    Pretty sure my female drow has cleavage, but whatever.. magic right?

We are getting WAY off topic but given your definition of gender it does not contradict what I wrote. Regardless of the physical look of my character my gender can thus be whatever I decide it should be at any given time. The discussion began with someones suggestion of renaming gender to sex. If I am "choosing" to look that way via magic then sex is no longer the appropriate terminology for such an instance.
    My point is regardless of whether they use the word sex or gender depending on the individuals identity or motivating factor in making their decision the terms could either be correct or incorrect depending on the situation. It is therefore a pointless change as no word is going to adequately describe both situations.

Pretty sure my female drow has cleavage, but whatever.. magic right?
    I was pointing out that Gender does fit, either way, and thus is (perhaps just a little) superior to Sex in the setting [in conjunction with the numerous other supporting comments posted to that effect].

Well, either way, we do get to the same point~

As far as cleavage, that's already easy enough to get- between hormonal imbalances, obesity, and hormonal treatments..
    Obviously, given the option of magic, that's what everyone'll attribute it to- whether true or not!

"You're looking a lot more feminine today, Hacksaw Brutalcut."
    "Magic."
    "Magic?"
    "You know that guy who runs around on fire?"
    "You?"
    "No, the one that doesn't scream while he does it. The druid."
    "Yes."
    "Magic."
    "Ah."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaodyna View Post
    Wow, if you intend to TR, Heroic lives are the only real choice then.

TY.
    not really doing an Iconic TR will give the benefit of a Heroic PL and a Iconic PL depending on the PL benefits

if you want both the 2 birds one stone method is better

plus you get to play in ED once you hit 20

... I will likely be doing some Iconic TRing just to get to spend more time in epics again. aside from farming tokens to TR I have not had my main in Epics since I farmed capped all my ED's

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Good.

/troll-mode off

This all looks great, when will this go live? Many of us are in limbo not wanting to lose out on EPLs before TRing again and with end-game raidiing being dead we're running out of interesting stuff to do.

/troll-mode back on
    The above is probably why they keep stuff secret as long as they can - 'cause when they tell us, we want it NOW, noa, no@!!!!nanaaaaaooooowwwwww!

TY.
    Unless you want an epic PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    If you're trying to make it easier for people to TR then why not just do a 10% increase per life up to 10 lives.

1st life ~1.9
    2nd life ~2.09
    3rd life ~2.30
    4th life ~2.53
    5th life ~2.78
    6th life ~3.06
    7th life ~3.37
    8th life ~3.71
    9th life ~4.08
    10th life and on ~4.49

Yes it increases it but the hard-core people can find another 100K to get the levels easily enough and for the people that just want a 36 point build they can do it fairly easily which makes it very attainable for casual players.
    No, do this and watch near every multi lifer leave the game.

Why should some one require more xp after a 36 point build? The benefit of passive past lives do not warrant the need for that kind of increase in xp. Not to mention you just nullified why they changed the curve in the first place, to make the trouble levels (13-17) a little easier for those who have the steep xp curves of 3rd life plus. This is counter productive to everything they're working for. Please douse this idea with gasoline and light it on fire asap.

TY.
    There are a few differences. For example, myself, I love the low-level quests more than the high-heroic ones. Thus, starting at level 1 make me enjoy the journey. However some people think the low levels are a chore, and want to reach the point where late-bloomer builds shine faster. For those, starting at 15 playing a more competent character is very atractive.

There is also the fact that epic quests give much more XP than heroic quests. Thus, farming 6.6mil at epic is faster than farming 3.8 mil at heroic.

Ultimatelly, it drains down if you want to get quick heroic PL, or if you want two past lifes per life (Epic/iconic, plus Heroic).
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

How about converting the heroic past life purchasable feats into toggles?
    Only allow a very, very, very (1 or 2) limited number to be active at a time?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post

1st life ~1.9
    2nd life ~2.09
    3rd life ~2.30
    4th life ~2.53
    5th life ~2.78
    6th life ~3.06
    7th life ~3.37
    8th life ~3.71
    9th life ~4.08
    10th life and on ~4.49

Second or third to the worst posted idea I've ever seen.

Default Level 30, XP, and Reincarnation

Maybe I missed this somewhere along the way, so please forgive me if this is a duplicate question/comment.

But I am curious, will it really be worth Epic TRing when the level cap reaches level 30? If the total XP requirement will be 9,750,000 to reach level 30 from level 20, then do the TR rewards meet the amount of effort expended to reach that level?

Sure there will be some that will achieve this quickly, and kudos to them. For a middle of the road player, this amount of XP seems to be daunting to say the least.

TY.
    Don't be so short sighted. Remember that epic quests give a lot more xp than heroic quests do so that attaining that 7million xp isn't as daunting as you think.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    15-20, 20-28: 1,561,750 - 2,850,000, 0-6,600,000

Total xp for 1-20, 2nd life: 2,850,000
    Total Xp for 15-28, 2nd Life: 7,888,250

TY.
    Actually, think of it this way.

1-20, you have to deal with an average of about 8k exp from quests (making up a number, seems realistic from my experience, not counting BB, daily bonus,what ever), so ideally you'll have ~356 quests run

then,
    15-20, you can get an average of about 12k per quest, for 130 heroic quests
    20-28, you get an average of 25k per quest, 254 quests , for a grand total of 384 quests.

the difference will really come down to preferred play style. Personally, I see myself alternating heroic/iconic lives so i don't get bored

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    No, do this and watch near every multi lifer leave the game.

Why should some one require more xp after a 36 point build? The benefit of passive past lives do not warrant the need for that kind of increase in xp. Not to mention you just nullified why they changed the curve in the first place, to make the trouble levels (13-17) a little easier for those who have the steep xp curves of 3rd life plus. This is counter productive to everything they're working for. Please douse this idea with gasoline and light it on fire asap.
    It should require more because you're gaining more PLs hence more power. I've already got 30 or so lives on various toons so I completely understand but they aren't trying to make it easier for the trouble levels and people that are trying to get 36 lives on each of either toons, they are trying to make it more accessible for casual gamers.

I don't know about you but 13-17 isn't hard for me but everyone TRs a bit differently.
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    So.. As a nod to my OCD (somewhat medicate-able!) could you have someone look at the class names on the character sheets?

It bugs me that my character sheet shows (for example) Ranger XX, Epic XX, fighter XX, and then paladin XX isn't right or left justified with anything.
    Can I add to this PLEASE putting on the character sheet each life (but just the current one) our leveling order and feat progression? It's just 2 columns (Level/Class and Feat if applicable), but it would make mistakes with LR'ing SO much more avoidable.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast