Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    assuming this is accurate, one could theoretically ER to get an EPL, then immediately HTR.
    Which is exactly the case.

Note that this only works if you're not an iconic in your current life, however, as an iconic can only ITR at level 28.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

assuming this is accurate, one could theoretically ER to get an EPL, then immediately HTR.
    Yes. In fact, I am already considering exactly that for my main.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Tis the general idea, yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default TR into Iconic...can you change the first level class?

Title is the question. I thought you could but I can't seem to find the quote. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Title is the question. I thought you could but I can't seem to find the quote. Thanks.
    From the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Improvements to Lesser Reincarnation also impact Iconics! Not only is a Lesser Reincarnation an option for Iconics with Update 20, we have figured out how to allow you to Lesser Reincarnate your first level as an Iconic. This means the +1 and higher class change options that are available with Lesser Reincarnation will apply to Iconic characters, giving you even more character build choices.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Could you throw in sex change option for reincarnating characters, too?
    I find it ironic that the most common curse in classic D&D isn't even available in the store. It's even more ironic because your gender has no effect on the game - other than looks, his/her, and the cleave bug.

Thankfully, I always play female characters anyway.. So it's not a problem for me personally.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    From the OP:
    That quote is for LR, not TR.

I don't believe they have changed the system when creating your iconic. It's just that you can LR away from that class if desired. I'd love for this to be changed though

Quote Originally Posted by Laeelin View Post
    That quote is for LR, not TR.

I don't believe they have changed the system when creating your iconic. It's just that you can LR away from that class if desired. I'd love for this to be changed though
    so given I have this dream of a PDK sorcerer/paladin/rogue I will have to true Rez take 2 fighter levels then use a lesser Rez to get rid of them? Sigh...if you LR out of it why can't you TR out of it as well.

I would like to see a True Reincarnation option that would retain all gained favor.

Charge a heckuva lot more for it in the DDO Store... I think you'd get people to pay it who spent the time to grind out max or almost max favor.

Especially those completionists who have been completionist for a long since the Druid came out... running Faithful Departed again just is not fun.

Community Member

so given I have this dream of a PDK sorcerer/paladin/rogue I will have to true Rez take 2 fighter levels then use a lesser Rez to get rid of them? Sigh...if you LR out of it why can't you TR out of it as well.
    TR just starts you out as a new character just like any other new character (other than build points and past life feats)... That wouldn't let you start the character differently than a normal character. A normal Iconic is forced to take a specific class at level 1, so a TR character would as well. Working like this makes sense to me.

A LR+? sets you back to level 1 (level 0?) and lets you make all your choices again - including your first class.

I would prefer it if an iconic could choose any class at level 1, but I do understand (from a lore standpoint) why it doesn't work that way. Honestly, I don't understand why they would force you to choose a class when you make the character and then allow you to make a different choice in a LR. Having that option does make my iconics very happy though.

On a side note - your only forced to take one level of the class - not two. I just mention this because you talk about taking "2 fighter levels" when your only forced to take one.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Urist's diagram is excellent. You should steal it and reuse it Vag.
    So far this is the early frontrunner for typo of the day.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    Please:

-sex- Gender change: either through the TR process
    OR
    Sex reassignment surgery with Mentau the Fleshmaker.
    I ran this by our lead engineer and he felt threatened by the prospect of Mentau doing anything to his avatar. He prefers to do the former.

Note: We will know how big a task that is by the time we take it to Lamannia.
    Last edited by Glin; 10-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

I am still confused about one thing, it's repeated a lot that a Bladeforged Iconic gets a Paladin past life, but mine is an 18/2 Sorcerer/Paladin. Did the explanation just assume that it stays primarily a Paladin?

Does it get a Sorc past life instead of Paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    I am still confused about one thing, it's repeated a lot that a Bladeforged Iconic gets a Paladin past life, but mine is an 18/2 Sorcerer/Paladin. Did the explanation just assume that it stays primarily a Paladin?

Does it get a Sorc past life instead of Paladin?
    you would get sorc and bladeforged past life

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    I would like to see a True Reincarnation option that would retain all gained favor.

Charge a heckuva lot more for it in the DDO Store... I think you'd get people to pay it who spent the time to grind out max or almost max favor.

Especially those completionists who have been completionist for a long since the Druid came out... running Faithful Departed again just is not fun.
    i dont think that will ever happen. when you reincarnate your starting a "new life"

Quote Originally Posted by Laeelin View Post
    TR just starts you out as a new character just like any other new character (other than build points and past life feats)... That wouldn't let you start the character differently than a normal character. A normal Iconic is forced to take a specific class at level 1, so a TR character would as well. Working like this makes sense to me.

A LR+? sets you back to level 1 (level 0?) and lets you make all your choices again - including your first class.

I would prefer it if an iconic could choose any class at level 1, but I do understand (from a lore standpoint) why it doesn't work that way. Honestly, I don't understand why they would force you to choose a class when you make the character and then allow you to make a different choice in a LR. Having that option does make my iconics very happy though.

On a side note - your only forced to take one level of the class - not two. I just mention this because you talk about taking "2 fighter levels" when your only forced to take one.
    thanks for the thoughts. I mentioned 2 fighter but you are right I can only take 1 fighter or I would end up quad classed and I can't do that so initially one fighter, sorcerer and rogue and the. I do a LR and swap fighter for Pali and one other level to Pali as well.

I ran this by our lead engineer and he felt threatened by the prospect of Mentau doing anything to his avatar. He prefers to do the former.

VERY nice.
    Thank you SO much for taking a look at this for us.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

thanks for the thoughts. I mentioned 2 fighter but you are right I can only take 1 fighter or I would end up quad classed and I can't do that so initially one fighter, sorcerer and rogue and the. I do a LR and swap fighter for Pali and one other level to Pali as well.
    Is there a minimum level for a +1 heart of wood? Anyways, you could LR+1 at level 15 and take the second rogue level at 16. Changing to paladin levels will gimp your skills you want 1st level to be rogue.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

I tend to agree that TRing should be the only time gender may be changed.

Also, will you please change Fred so that it is easier to change feat trees and Toughness from 1 to the other.

Example:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 20 True Neutral Dwarf Male
    (18 Barbarian \ 2 Rogue) 

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 3 (Barbarian)

Level 6 (Barbarian)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 9 (Barbarian)

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 15 (Barbarian)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave

Level 18 (Barbarian)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    From this build to train the entire THF line in heroic levels while ending with all the non-toughness feats using Fred would require:
    Great Cleave (18) > Trash Feat A
    Cleave (15) > Trash Feat B
    Toughness (9) > TWF
    Toughness (3) > Trash Feat D
    Power Attack (6) > Trash Feat C
    Toughness (1) > Power Attack
    Trash Feat D (3) > Cleave
    Trash Feat C (6) > Great Cleave
    Trash Feat B (15) > ITWF
    Trash Feat A (18) > GTWF

I would consider this build unplayable without Power Attack which requires a week after taking it out before putting it back in.
    Last edited by Book_O_Dragons; 10-14-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

hmm, looks like it's right time about organising our LGBT community for Pride Walk even in DDO!

Proudly Member of DDO:EU Community, Member of legendary ex-guild: Disorganized Chaos,
    the Crabslayer, always high Dwarf from Mountains of Immerth

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast