Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    I thought your flowchart looked overly complicated and confusing, so I made my own, with friendlier shapes and pastel colours. :P

I kept the iconic/mundane paths separate for clarity, and left out things like vet status, since that is neither here nor there when discussing TRing.
    Let the diagram wars begin!
    Pfff. Pastel shades indeed.

Lack of vibrant colours aside I think I prefer yours too. The key thing it helped me get clear in my head was how you can switch between Heroic and Iconic lives, what you gain and when you can take them.

Picture paints a thousand words and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Your implosion not landing? Don't complain because they balanced top content against what top players are doing. And even then, don't say TRing is mandetory...it's not and never has been. You see any "TR only" lfms for 20+ content? No, because anyone with half a brain realizes past life benefits, while nice, are not mandetory

I say NO to making past lives worth it, I say NO to making endgame too easy, I say NO to making past lives worthless. They are fine as they are and if anything some of them should be buffed. You see plenty of people doing wiz/sorc/fvs/mnk/rgr lives because they are USEFUL.
    those "TR only" lfms means the party leader wants an experienced player in the group. not for the reason you state. in epics, we all know the power lies in EDs, not past lives but for some EE certain PLs can be useful. any PLs certainly don't hurt.

past lives actually should be worth it. many of the past lives don't give much incentive to TR. for the melees, the only 2 I find actually worth the grind is monk and paladin. the others are ok or very subpar, even back when cap was 20. an extra 30 hp or an extra +6 to all resists? meh. I could see an argument for some of them in heroics, but not when you plan on playing into the epic levels. some of the past lives don't give enough oomph to be worth the time and grind to get them.

end game needs to be pumped up, not down. buff up certain heroic PLs to be worth the grind, and do the same with epic PLs. the problems with some of the end game is more than making the quests easy enough for a first life 28 point build, but also game design and imagination which is a separate issue.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default 3 class limit

It may be in here. I haven't read everything. Is there anything being done to work around the pain with LR'ing a character with three classes? It is painful and can be quite expensive if changing out classes with big spashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Timers for True Reincarnation are likely to be one shared timer for both Iconic and Heroic. Lesser reincarnation likely remains on its own timer as it is now. Epic Reincarnation is likely on a brand new timer.

We are also considering allowing LR+0 as a special case to be used regardless of all timers, and not starting a timer when used. There are some concerns and issues with repeatedly performing LR+5 in a short span of time that are not as major concerns for LR+0.

These are all subject to change. The exact times are subject to review and change with U20 as well. We may consider reducing the one week timer.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    And 9 spellpen, and another stacking 3 DC on several CC/instakill spells.

Unless you don't understand what modifiers like that do on a d20 roll (like all the clueless people that say 'oh there's not much difference between 71 and 66), you immediately know that this is the difference between DC spells being strong in EE content and being worthless.

DC casting is in a bad enough state at the moment without making multiple past lives an absolute mandatory prerequisite for it.

Signed - someone that didn't have the caster past lives when MOTU launched, and so spent months unable to DC cast in EE Drow content on my caster, despite having experience soloing many old epics.

My question to you is - given that EE content monster stats will be tuned for characters with maximum past lives, why do you want to exclude newer players from EE by making their stats hopelessly behind those of veterans?
    Why should EE be geared towards newer players?? Why would I play a game that has no challenge left after you have a spattering of gear and a fundamental understanding of mechanics? I want to feel like EE was a FIGHT, and once it is over have a sense of accomplishment. The mentality of making everything accessible to everyone is why we can sleepwalk through heroic elites when TRing now, and have silly (imo) changes to basic quest lines such as no Crucible as a flag for TOR, as the swim was deemed "too challenging" for the casual player. If your toon is not ready for EE, then spend some time XPing, gearing, and honing gameplay skills with your closest friends, and then work up to tackling it.
    Last edited by macros123; 10-12-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Martell

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Could you throw in sex change option for reincarnating characters, too?
    how about a sex change NPC.

could even be Mentau the Fleshmaker.

buy your certificate of sex change surgey from the DDO store and go see Mentau.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarezar View Post
    I'm sorry for skipping everything apart from the OP but I have a question. These changes sound great for people who TR a lot, but could someone let me know if you still lose all the favor that was gained in your previous Heroic life? I've been away for quite some time and I remember losing the tomes and the favor were always the two pain points with TRing for me personally. I've read on the wiki that you don't lose tomes anymore (yey!) but I don't know what happens to favor.

Sorry for the slightly side-topic question; I just want to see how much these changes would affect me if I decided to TR a lot.

Thanks
    From my understanding, if you are doing the Epic path (28 ->20), favor is retained. If you are doing a True Reincarnation, favor continues to be reset.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    From my understanding, if you are doing the Epic path (28 ->20), favor is retained. If you are doing a True Reincarnation, favor continues to be reset.
    I see. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
    -- Dak'kon, of the People

Sarezar

Quote Originally Posted by macros123 View Post
    Why should EE be geared towards newer players??
    It shouldn't. The major elitists should have a challenging setting that make them cringe. Something that they can complete for bragging rights.

The problem is that the top players have no qualms to abuse geography bugs to win. Thus, if the actual recent new chain have some bug of that kind, it gets dismissed as "too easy". When it doesn't, it gets dismissed as "too hard".

Sure, "Turbine should release without bugs" yadda yadda yadda. But there is a difference between finding a buggy spot, use it once, laugh, and never using it again; and finding a buggy spot, and never using other thing besides it (Like old Under the Top shortcut).
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

I know this is a little off topic but since we are talking TRs

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    how about a sex change NPC.

could even be Mentau the Fleshmaker.

buy your certificate of sex change surgey from the DDO store and go see Mentau.
    Please.

A past life is a past life. if you TR you should be able to change:

why i care...

When i started with DDO i created a war-forged barbarian (That was a lot of pain.... the description of a war-forged and my experience of them is not the same thing)... A painful life and glad to TR out of it

In any case.

When i created it it was set as female. i clicked male, it looked the same, i clicked female to make sure there was no difference and then didn't bother switching back. When i finally finished that life and wanted to TR into a dwarf... what a surprise.

In any case:

Please:

sex change: either through the TR process
    OR
    Sex reassignment surgery with Mentau the Fleshmaker.

sex changes in DDO....''JesusChrist" says mr. slave (not worst idea; hell DDO can make money on it)
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Heroic TR's give some perks besides past lives and character resets:
    28/32->34->36 point builds,
    hard-> elite difficulty unlocks
    Name flair

Will epic/iconic TRs replicate any of these effects?

Also, will completions/favor/patron rewards reset with epic TR?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

This may have been asked and answered, so forgive me.

During an ITR, you can walk away from the trainer at level 1. But you still have all the XP to take you to level 15. Does this mean that you are XP capped until you take your 15th?

Community Member

Default Solving the 3 classes issue with LRs?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    It may be in here. I haven't read everything. Is there anything being done to work around the pain with LR'ing a character with three classes? It is painful and can be quite expensive if changing out classes with big spashes.
    As far as I understand the OP, one of the things the developers want to do with the new UI they are implementing is exactly that:

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I am happy to say a new User Interface (UI) will be in place when you begin your Reincarnation, and Kruz will get the vacation time he's always wanted. Likewise, if your previous journey back from Kruz’s tree had you telling tall tales of your training on a boat, that experience will be relocated to a more ethereal zone that will eventually place you in the Hall of Heroes. This change is great for lore, but ultimately it gives the team a chance to simplify the script and improve the experience. The UI itself will also be more informative and give you some foresight into planning your next life’s Past Life (PL) feats. The free LR will be granted at character creation as a Heart of Wood instead of a gift from Kruz – this will cut down on a lot of player confusion regarding which LR they are consuming..
    The part where it says that the UI will be more informative and give some foresight into planning should mean that it will allow you to prepare the whole build before going along, allowing you to plan out on having 3 new classes (provided you have enough + to change all of them).

Community Member

Default Iconics and XP for lvl 15

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post

During an ITR, you can walk away from the trainer at level 1. But you still have all the XP to take you to level 15. Does this mean that you are XP capped until you take your 15th?
    Actually its not dependant on doing an ITR. Whenever you build a new Iconic, or TR into one from either a HTR or and ITR, you get 1.050.000 XP (or what you need to get to LVL 15 with your 2nd or 3rd+ TR). If you run quests on lvl 1, you do not get any XP from questing although you do get XP for filling your monster manual (and you might also get some XP from wilderness areas - not sure on that one). You get your Iconic gear only when you take lvl 15.

So in effect it makes sense to play an Iconic on low lvl only because you are playing with other low lvl friends/guildies (or to see how the build works on those lvls), and you do get the guild renown if you do, which can make it fun to do if you are going to do a favor run on it for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    those "TR only" lfms means the party leader wants an experienced player in the group. not for the reason you state. in epics, we all know the power lies in EDs, not past lives but for some EE certain PLs can be useful. any PLs certainly don't hurt.

past lives actually should be worth it. many of the past lives don't give much incentive to TR. for the melees, the only 2 I find actually worth the grind is monk and paladin. the others are ok or very subpar, even back when cap was 20. an extra 30 hp or an extra +6 to all resists? meh. I could see an argument for some of them in heroics, but not when you plan on playing into the epic levels. some of the past lives don't give enough oomph to be worth the time and grind to get them.

end game needs to be pumped up, not down. buff up certain heroic PLs to be worth the grind, and do the same with epic PLs. the problems with some of the end game is more than making the quests easy enough for a first life 28 point build, but also game design and imagination which is a separate issue.
    Just want to throw in fighter can be a great pl for melee toons if they are using tactics. Also there is something to be said for arti pl's if on a non umd class and not splash rogue, bard, arti. The arti life isn't a big deal at epic levels but can let you get heal scrolls etc a little earlier than cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

Signed - someone that didn't have the caster past lives when MOTU launched, and so spent months unable to DC cast in EE Drow content on my caster, despite having experience soloing many old epics.
    Sirgog, overall I have a lot of respect for most your posts but this one is a little over the top and reminds me of the people that make posts for nerfing rwtd. Spell pen means only that necro and enchant are off the table. Web, greater shout, and many other options still exist for first life dc casters. I have a buddy that had one when motu launched and he always found a way to make a solid contribution, it just wasn't with instant kills and dancing balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    By that statement, that means we could have 4 past life toggles active at any moment as we have 4 spheres to work within.
    Yes.

This appears to be an accurate synopsis! Nice diagram.

And personally, I like the pastels.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 10-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post

your 14th level will let you gain xp I believe I will check later.

EDIT: Level 14 allowed me to gain xp from an explorer in wheloon
    Last edited by Book_O_Dragons; 10-14-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Urist's diagram is excellent. You should steal it and reuse it Vag.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Yes.

This appears to be an accurate synopsis! Nice diagram.

And personally, I like the pastels.
    Heh didn't expect any devs posts today forgot you guys celebrate thanksgiving in November...looking forward to your guys responses to Eldritch Knight feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I thought your flowchart looked overly complicated and confusing, so I made my own, with friendlier shapes and pastel colours. :P

I kept the iconic/mundane paths separate for clarity, and left out things like vet status, since that is neither here nor there when discussing TRing.
    Let the diagram wars begin!
    assuming this is accurate, one could theoretically ER to get an EPL, then immediately HTR.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast