Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

More Iconics please in the years to come.

Thanks this system is looking great.

So a capped Iconic Character has to make a choice between ITR or ER and can't get both past lives at once?

So for example levels to the cap 3 times and ITR for Iconic past lives, and then cap again to get ER past lives separately?
    Moved from Keeper/EU to Thelanis (2010)
    Guild: aLiclan Mains: Ichilphrion (FvS) Shyntaghar (Rogue) Xilphare (Artificer) Xyrathur (Wizard)
    Low tolerance for grind.

The early XP curve numbers on Lama look good for Iconics. All the XP savings, plus some, is in the 15-20 range, so it will take 605,000 XP less for an Iconic to reach 20 than it would today.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    This is slightly off-topic, but still relevant.

Reincarnation is getting a revamp.
    Quest XP Is getting rebalanced.
    Hero and Legend lives are getting XP requirements adjusted.

The game is accelerating again, however, raiding is still seen as an all-or-nothing aspect of DDO. If you're a player that enjoys heroic TRing, you don't raid. The drop rates are too low to make farming for the item you're looking for feasible, and 20 completions hold up your TR timeline.

Can either the number of completions persist over reincarnations, or the Magic Number for a completion list be changed from 20 to a number that is reasonably achievable in an incarnations lifespan?

I do like the persist idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We're planning to add subcategories on the character sheet for each kind of past life.
    So.. As a nod to my OCD (somewhat medicate-able!) could you have someone look at the class names on the character sheets?

It bugs me that my character sheet shows (for example) Ranger XX, Epic XX, fighter XX, and then paladin XX isn't right or left justified with anything.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Community Member

Default Xp???

If an iconic eR's back down to 15, how much xp to level 20? More than 1.9 mil? What about on subsequent iconic lives? What if the iconic crosses over to a Legendary life?

If a Legendary character TR's into an iconic, how much xp to 20?

If a character eR's to 20, how much xp to level 28? Does it go up?

And on subsequent eReincarnations, further increases?

I ask partly because I'm concerned that if there is much increase in the epic XP in each epic reincarnation, the amount of epic content in the game at this point is not enough to keep things fun. I know, in the current system you can always wait a bit and run quests again. But is it really enough to keep things 'fun'. I know that's subjective, but that's the factor that will determine if I use epic TR a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by xoowak View Post
    The early XP curve numbers on Lama look good for Iconics. All the XP savings, plus some, is in the 15-20 range, so it will take 605,000 XP less for an Iconic to reach 20 than it would today.
    I don't understand this. It's 1.9 mil to cap today. Are you saying 1.3 mil to level 20 on Lama now? Or did you mean TR'd Iconics or what? Please clarify if you don't mind.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get on Lama for months, and really not up to the effort to figure out why it's broke.

Community Member

Default Running in a Bad Destiny

I wonder if the planned system will 'require' much running in a bad destiny. In order to earn a desirable epic past life feat from the Martial sphere, will I have to run my wizard in one of the martial destinies to earn Karma? Will that be fun?

Because up to now, we had to run in inappropriate spheres to earn Fate Points, and that hasn't been fun. Actually I think the root cause of most of the outcry against the previous plan that would have taken away our Destinies was that most of those points were earned in a bad destiny. And nobody thought it was fun to run ID 800 times or to run any quest in a destiny that did nothing for the build, even once.

We will get a LR token if we epic reincarnate? Is the intention of that to allow us to rebuild into a form that can use one of the destinies of the karma we need to earn? So rebuild your artificer into a form that can use one of the divine destinies? Could be a challenge. Not sure how much fun it's going to be, but that is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadnettle View Post
    I don't understand this. It's 1.9 mil to cap today. Are you saying 1.3 mil to level 20 on Lama now? Or did you mean TR'd Iconics or what? Please clarify if you don't mind.
    That number is for third life+, which is the most interesting number to me (and a lot of others I bet).

First life is unchanged for the total amount needed to go 15-20, though there are slight differences in exactly when you hit 16,17,etc.

Second life is 302,500 XP less. (Again more than the overall savings for 1-20)

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I am happy to say a new User Interface (UI) will be in place when you begin your Reincarnation, and Kruz will get the vacation time he's always wanted. Likewise, if your previous journey back from Kruz’s tree had you telling tall tales of your training on a boat, that experience will be relocated to a more ethereal zone that will eventually place you in the Hall of Heroes. This change is great for lore, but ultimately it gives the team a chance to simplify the script and improve the experience. The UI itself will also be more informative and give you some foresight into planning your next life’s Past Life (PL) feats. The free LR will be granted at character creation as a Heart of Wood instead of a gift from Kruz – this will cut down on a lot of player confusion regarding which LR they are consuming.
    Does the new ethereal zone count as a tavern? It takes me a while to pick levels/enhancements/etc and I'd like to be able to grab a beer while I'm doing it.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Also, once someone figures out how this new reincarnation stuff works, could you please come back and explain all of our options will work in the 2014 healthcare exchange for Obamacare/Affordable Care Act? Both seem to have about the same level of complexity and offer a similar number of options.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Default So....

I'm not home but I'm going to guess by the lack of a thread for it, or it being mentioned in here the current Lammaland release does't contain the past lives if you open your character sheet go to Feats and click "show unavailable"?

Bowserkoopa,

The King of the Koopa's

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    I'm not home but I'm going to guess by the lack of a thread for it, or it being mentioned in here the current Lammaland release does't contain the past lives if you open your character sheet go to Feats and click "show unavailable"?

Bowserkoopa,

The King of the Koopa's
    no i didnt see anything there

Default That makes me............

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    no i didnt see anything there
    That makes me mildly annoyed

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Community Member

Outstanding design! Thanks Turbine.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Syrophir View Post
    So a capped Iconic Character has to make a choice between ITR or ER and can't get both past lives at once?
    Correct, Iconic and Epic Reincarnations cannot be combined. After doing either one you are no longer at level cap and no longer meet the requirements.

To put it another way, conceptually you are giving up up levels 20->28 for the Epic Reincarnation (as any other character does). That would mean only the effort from 15->20 is contributing to getting both a Heroic Past Life and an Iconic Past Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammie View Post
    First the toggle system how does it work? I understand the Epic system getting the past life but then you say we can only have 1 active at a time? Does this mean that from the toggle system I can only have 1 active over all or 1 active per sphere or 1 active per epic past life or from your example just 1 active per past life which you can choose from 1 or the other per past life?
    You may have one past life toggled active from each sphere.

Default Race and tr

I really hope you might reconsider and allow the ability to change race in a way other than only heroic tr. Everything else is allowed -alignment, stats, skills, feats, class, without having to restart at lvl 1. Even a store bought race changer would be better than having to start at 1 again to change race.
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Nonsense. A Wizard gets 1 DC from the PL and can get another from completionist. That's 2 total. Divine DC casters are weaksauce even with 20 PL.

These PLs need to pay to be worth it or people won't bother.

My suggestion: Ignore Sirgog.
    agree with the troll here ignore Mr. Gog
    geez fort on everything now and ac is so two years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf View Post
    I really hope you might reconsider and allow the ability to change race in a way other than only heroic tr. Everything else is allowed -alignment, stats, skills, feats, class, without having to restart at lvl 1. Even a store bought race changer would be better than having to start at 1 again to change race.
    Incorrect- gender can't be changed.
    ..well, ever.

While we're on the topic~ :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Default karma points...

Its been said that toons w/ capped out eds would recieve retro-active karma points...

are you currently thinkin earning KP based on xp... aka 10000 xp (or w/e) equals 1KP.. or

is it based on ranks/level... which would mean there is a hard cap on KP..?
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast