Community Member

Default Neg level build?

Something I've been kicking the hypothetical tires on lately is the idea of a build focused around sticking negative levels on mobs (some combo of a Wiz/Monk TWF Vampire, Grave Wraps or dual Life Stealing centered weapons, Wiz spells/SLAs and Touch of Despair) with the idea that, as mobs get exponentially higher amounts of HPs, DR, resists, etc., it may be easier to attack their stats rather than their health, plus (unlike HP damage) it weakens them as they go. However, I haven't been in Epic for a while (on the TR train), and even when I was I didn't get much past L22 or so....

How feasible would a neg-level build be? What are real-game ranges for monster CR at the current endgame? Something I'm forgetting about how neg levels work that would make that idea inviable (other than undead, which I know would be a nuisance for this build)?

Vampire with 2* Sacrificial Dagger and rogue dagger enhancements. Kinda gimp, however.

Could go Juggernaut with 2* Nightmare - not as many negs, but you're pretty hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    (other than undead, which I know would be a nuisance for this build)?
    Warforged and other constructs are also immune, and mobs casting deathward on themselves too (eg. GH Tor giants).

Epic ward has reportedly been removed, so you might be on to something here. Not sure if that applies to EE as well.
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Epic ward has reportedly been removed, so you might be on to something here. Not sure if that applies to EE as well.
    Most of EE trash does not seem to have death ward - but those that do are PITA. My melee-ish pale trapper uses Nightmare to great effect when saving mana on EE. The +crit chance clicky attacks are especially very nice (from rogue, and momentum swing twisted if I have space, both crit ~35% with Nightmare if I remember right). One woo is thousands of HP with high CR mobs.

Community Member

There was a very small amount of discussion on that here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Vampire-Ninja

Community Member

This is the build you are looking for:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=flair