Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Idea: Way to fix druid

    1. druid season should be toggle, the season should not rotate on its own. once taken the first core of the prestige player should be given a button called change season, once use the season will switch. this button should have cool down of 20 minutes, with the t1 enhancement reduce the cooldown to 5 minutes. (it make no sense rotate them, say fighting stuff that are immnue to fire, and winter is coming.. there are good deal of content that are immnue to ice or fire, or both. so player should given the power to choose their season and stay in it)

    2. elemental form: these form should work with season. either implement two other form for lightning/acid spell. or merge lightning spell to winter and acid to summer like the season did. also this form should grant +2 wisdom +2 to caster level and max caster leve -1 to other school like the sorc form. it make no sense that a sorc's elemental shape is way superior then druid elemental shape. druid is the master shapeshifter, if they couldn't do it right, then no one in ddo should.

    3. nature warrior: the first and second core ability should allow druid to use their wisdom to mod their attack and damage. it make no sense to go strength build when all form ability require insane amount of wisdom to have them function even in epic hard(most of them are not ee viable..)

    4. nature warrior cap stone ,should give +2 to stats instead of +1, and it should increase the base die to 2w instead of only adding 3 damage. and the attack speed bonus on bear form should be change into nature bonus, so it stack with the haste feat everyone get 27. (unless you want every druid to splash monk, and druid is only viable as splashing. )

    5. Bestial Nature: the bonus should change to natural bonus, instead of insight bonus. insight bonus are easy to acquire, and does not stack.

    6. wolf form should grant +1 natural bonus to bluff per druid level. or make bluff a druid skill. ( you have already change so much, only make sense to have things work.)

    7. remove the enemy level requirement on blood moon and Fatal Harrier(so druid can do hard content, but not easy content? why? just why? they are not that powerful anywayz)

    8. fix all the pack spell, may them do as their description says.. or change the description according to the real effect.

    9. implement more eight and ninth level spell, add restoration, greater restoration, mass protection from element and mass deathward to their spell list.

  2. #2
    Community Member ZeebaNeighba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Or just fix a bunch of the bugs around:

    Seasons don't give caster levels. Until they do, 30 spell power doesn't matter all that much anyway... Also they don't give the effect on switching in the season's herald capstone.

    Creeping cold has stacking issues.

    A lot of the max caster levels are not working. Though every class has a good portion of their spells screwed up with that bug.

    I can't even list the melee bugs, those are just the caster bugs that come to my mind

  3. #3
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    give animal forms an extra 2w or so from staying pure as part of the capstone. It might be worth it at that point.

  4. #4
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    I'd be happy if they did something with the flame blades. The rest of the OP's beefs don't bother me.

    There are so many mobs completely immune to fire that they are pointless, yet they are the only way a Druid can use Wis for melee.

    Fire shield has a cold version, flame blades should too. Or they should do some physical damage, other than fire, too. After all, something holds them into that shape.

  5. #5
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I'd be happy if they did something with the flame blades. The rest of the OP's beefs don't bother me.

    There are so many mobs completely immune to fire that they are pointless, yet they are the only way a Druid can use Wis for melee.

    Fire shield has a cold version, flame blades should too. Or they should do some physical damage, other than fire, too. After all, something holds them into that shape.
    if only you read first few line, it says allow druid to use wis mod to attack and damage while in animal form with the first and second natural warrior core ability.

  6. #6
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    if only you read first few line, it says allow druid to use wis mod to attack and damage while in animal form with the first and second natural warrior core ability.
    If he was in animal form with flame blade, he would be using his Wis mod, wouldn't he?

    Anyway, melee shapechanger builds tend not to dump Str. It's a choice, one enhancement tree favours strength and melee, the other doesn't.
    Many Bards invest very little in Cha, the same way, so that they are viable as melees.

    It's pretty clear that there is meant to be two paths, melee or caster.


    They may not be perfect at Turbine, but they're not quite as bad as you seem to imagine. You seem to want something entirely different from their intentions. I hear they have Druids in Warcraft, maybe you should try that.

  7. #7
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    If he was in animal form with flame blade, he would be using his Wis mod, wouldn't he?

    Anyway, melee shapechanger builds tend not to dump Str. It's a choice, one enhancement tree favours strength and melee, the other doesn't.
    Many Bards invest very little in Cha, the same way, so that they are viable as melees.

    It's pretty clear that there is meant to be two paths, melee or caster.


    They may not be perfect at Turbine, but they're not quite as bad as you seem to imagine. You seem to want something entirely different from their intentions. I hear they have Druids in Warcraft, maybe you should try that.
    no. when you turn into animal form, you are consider as fighting bare handed. all stats of your weapon get transfer over, but weapon mod is not included.

    true many bard invest very little in cha, but animal form ability, which can only be use while in animal form require over 60 wisdom and best equipment to even have a chance in epic elite content. it is like saying bard need base 30 charisma to play songs.

    if they meant to separate then why make all form ability wisdom mod? well this can be done by changing all form ability to strength mod, which will also solve the issue~~

    p.s. if you tried it you wouldn't say the same, it is ok for monk because monk get base die increase as level up. their prime dps came from unarm die which they can get over 8.5 (1d8). but this does not apply to druid. unless they splash 12 monk level. but then that is not a druid it is a monk in animal form.

  8. #8
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    no. when you turn into animal form, you are consider as fighting bare handed. all stats of your weapon get transfer over, but weapon mod is not included.

    true many bard invest very little in cha, but animal form ability, which can only be use while in animal form require over 60 wisdom and best equipment to even have a chance in epic elite content. it is like saying bard need base 30 charisma to play songs.

    if they meant to separate then why make all form ability wisdom mod? well this can be done by changing all form ability to strength mod, which will also solve the issue~~

    p.s. if you tried it you wouldn't say the same, it is ok for monk because monk get base die increase as level up. their prime dps came from unarm die which they can get over 8.5 (1d8). but this does not apply to druid. unless they splash 12 monk level. but then that is not a druid it is a monk in animal form.
    8 monk is what's best well 9 since you have 8 you might as well get improved evasion. That gives 1w for monk levels, if they make reinforced fists etc work with animal form regardless and give pure druids 1.5w in their capstone it might be worth staying pure.

  9. #9
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    no. when you turn into animal form, you are consider as fighting bare handed. all stats of your weapon get transfer over, but weapon mod is not included.

    true many bard invest very little in cha, but animal form ability, which can only be use while in animal form require over 60 wisdom and best equipment to even have a chance in epic elite content. it is like saying bard need base 30 charisma to play songs.

    if they meant to separate then why make all form ability wisdom mod? well this can be done by changing all form ability to strength mod, which will also solve the issue~~

    p.s. if you tried it you wouldn't say the same, it is ok for monk because monk get base die increase as level up. their prime dps came from unarm die which they can get over 8.5 (1d8). but this does not apply to druid. unless they splash 12 monk level. but then that is not a druid it is a monk in animal form.
    You may be right, I rarely used animal forms. The combat animations are so few for the wolves that it bored me. You have to be a glutton for punishment to stick with it.

  10. #10
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    8 monk is what's best well 9 since you have 8 you might as well get improved evasion. That gives 1w for monk levels, if they make reinforced fists etc work with animal form regardless and give pure druids 1.5w in their capstone it might be worth staying pure.
    best to have 12 monk level, for druid you only need 8 for the winterwolf form. the druid tree is a joke, increase 3 damage and some sneak attack. sneak attack is good, but not good enough without some sort of way to cc. all cc ability including form tactic are wisdom base. which is why people go pure wisdom splashing monk for damage. stunning fist for cc, also get spells to land..

    p.s. though it would be better dps to stay as a pure monk.. hmm confusing.

  11. #11
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    give animal forms an extra 2w or so from staying pure as part of the capstone. It might be worth it at that point.
    I mentioned this in one of the other druid threads, but I think the Natural Fighting feat should add +0.5[W] modifier in addition to doublestrike, with the capstone providing another +1[W]. That or embed the +[W] modifiers in the core enhs (6/12/18/20). Either way, I think a pure wolf build should have at least +2.5[W] by lvl 20; add another +0.5[W] from Shillelagh w/club.
    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    best to have 12 monk level, for druid you only need 8 for the winterwolf form.
    Druid 9 is pre-req for Natural Fighting feat; that's 6% * 3 doublestrike. Going monk 9->12 really only gets you Master of Forms free, but that's now a chooseable feat (as is GM of Forms). Though that doesn't exactly ease the feat-starved nature of wolf builds...

  12. #12
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    best to have 12 monk level, for druid you only need 8 for the winterwolf form. the druid tree is a joke, increase 3 damage and some sneak attack. sneak attack is good, but not good enough without some sort of way to cc. all cc ability including form tactic are wisdom base. which is why people go pure wisdom splashing monk for damage. stunning fist for cc, also get spells to land..

    p.s. though it would be better dps to stay as a pure monk.. hmm confusing.
    9 druid opens up 3 feats that add to doublestrike. 9 monk opens up improved evasion. 2 fighter opens up tactics and other kensai low level fruit as well as 2 more feets, erm, i mean feats.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  13. #13
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Druid 9 is pre-req for Natural Fighting feat; that's 6% * 3 doublestrike. Going monk 9->12 really only gets you Master of Forms free, but that's now a chooseable feat (as is GM of Forms). Though that doesn't exactly ease the feat-starved nature of wolf builds...[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    9 druid opens up 3 feats that add to doublestrike. 9 monk opens up improved evasion. 2 fighter opens up tactics and other kensai low level fruit as well as 2 more feets, erm, i mean feats.
    right.. forget they change the monk stance into a feat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload