Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Interestingly enough, in-game bans and forum bans are separate. Which is strange considering that you now use your in-game login for the forums.

Weird.
    Probably so you can still play and pay even if you get a high score on forum infraction points.

Which is good.

Credit where due, and all.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Yah, I understand that from a definition standpoint - but dealing with customers in a food-based business, I get people all the time who define "vegan" however they want to in varying levels of strictness....

QFT.

That's how I found out that suggesting a vegan "just pluck the pepperoni off" the frozen pizza is NOT a good idea unless you're prepared to be chastised for 30-minutes about being ...<censored>.

I think that's how Vegan's release all that pent up stress of being Vegan. I mean, these stick thin girls (who had probably been cute at some point) came up with things to call us that even *I* hadn't thought of before...
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Superhik View Post
    Use of exploits could be attached to the decisions of a company in question just the same as for players using their product. In an ideal situation that same integrity should be reciprocal, what Turbine gives, Turbine gets..
    Integrity, or more plainly, right or wrong is not a condition of I'll act right if only B acts right. There are better words for that - like revenge or eye for an eye.

And it's not just a question of 'I shouldn't behave a way just because someone else does'. It's more a - if I do this, even if I can justify it, what will the long term consequence be for my entertainment and for that matter my interest in the game?

Personally - if you need to justify something, then it's probably not the right thing to do.

you don't even know where I'm from
    It's not hard to piece together, and let's just say it's hard not to draw a connection between it and your postings even if one doesn't believe in stereotypes. In Sheepville we have peace, stability and prosperity precisely because we are sheep. Y'all keep being lions and see how it works out for you in Superhikia.
    Last edited by stoerm; 10-09-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    No, that's carrion eater.
    Which is much cheaper if you fly a lot.

<rimshot>

... ... ...

I'll get my coat.

Morals don't matter to you, Turbines Code of conduct is you God, isn't it?
    I think the word you're looking for is revenge. Not a question of Morals.
    Morals implies that you will uphold your end of the bargain despite what the other party might.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default If tou shops does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    How are donuts not vegan? I've never seen any with meat inside.

Though if you think about it that'd just be awesome . . . imagine pulled pork inside a donut? Just thinking abouth that made me gain 2 pounds.
    My local dounut shop makes a maple bar and puts a strip of bacon on it. The flavors of the maple and bacon compliment each other very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I can solo or group either way just fine and know plenty who think the dirtbags should be banned me I think they should be horsewhip and left in the village stocks to be public humiliated and more.
    And sell rotten tomatoes to throw like pumpkin grenades for shards. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Donuts. I just went vegan a couple weeks ago. I miss donuts.
    Vegan donuts. They exist, but they are very hard to find.

ETA: I'm not vegan, or even vegetarian, but I'm a big animal rights person and I'm usually racked with guilt whenever I eat meat. Especially pork. Pigs are intelligent and awesome.
    Last edited by dlsidhe; 10-09-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 22 Warlock) // Valissia (Drow 21 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Interestingly enough, in-game bans and forum bans are separate. Which is strange considering that you now use your in-game login for the forums.

Weird.

This looks like a case of

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

When i convert to cannibalism I'm only eating vegans.
    It's the "heart healthy" cannibal food don't cha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Community Member

So your imaginary stuff is now worth a little less imaginary money and you think people should be permabanned for it? (Boggles)

No, I didn't participate in the exploit. I didn't even know about it, the investigations, or even the hotfix until this morning. I did google it to see what all the fuss was about. I admit, part of me wished I had known about this a few days ago when I need just 2 greater water essences to make an underwater breathing shard. Took me 2 days to eventually get those.

Had I known, would I have done it? I don't really know. I like to believe I wouldn't, but the ingredient requirements for even simple, low-level shards is so inflated, the temptation would really be high. And let;s admit it, what really would be the harm in artificially boosting my crafting ability to the point where I could actually make gear appropriate for a couple of characters that are level 6 and 8 now. (Side note: I recently picked the game up again after a 7-month break, and decided to start fresh on a new server so I could learn the new enhancement system from scratch. I had forgotten that crafting was one of the factors leading to my neglect of the game.)

While I don't approve of exploiting, I have a hard time understanding why people are so upset about this one. Your collections of bits and bytes in the database is worth exactly the same amount today as it was a few days ago: Zero Dollars/Pounds/Euros/Whatevers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Also, Vegan for health is meh. I went Paleo. Reduce the amount of carbs and sugars, eat stuff with pro-nutrients and no anti-nutrients (no corn, no rice, no soy, no beans) and you get your energy from animal fat instead of carbs. I've lost 40lbs since June, feel fit for the first time in years, gaining muscle mass, my sugar problems (hypoglycemia) are disappearing, and I can eat all the steak fat, chicken skin, pork rinds and bacon I want!
    Only problem with that diet is if you are an extremely active person.

The key here is not to look at one source of food or a diet to meet everyone's needs, or even your needs at all times.

Paleo works for some, mostly for middle of the road types. There are other variables like health issues and age.

Community Member

refreshing thread

I've cut out beef and potatoes almost entirely, eat more fish and chicken and tons of fruits and veggies, rice 2-3 times a day ...I blame my Filipina wife for the diet changes I hit our threadmill a few times a week and starting the balance ball for core exercises to tone that belly out (some guys have a six pack, I have a keg). Sleep 7-8 hours a night as much as possible (weekends tend to be less).

cutting out beer and pizza has been the hardest thing. I've thinnned out all over except my belly...at my age it seems to be the hardest thing to get rid of....*sigh*

I feel more energetic and less sluggish since I cut out red meat almost completely...

There needs to be one to bring balance to the force.
    This is obviously an exploit of your right to comment.

The OP reminds me of the guy that claimed he should get a reduced sentence, since he wouldnt have committed most of his crimes if the cops had caught him sooner.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Default My 2 cents

Well since I have only become aware of the exploit after it was on notice and have not even check either AH for like 3 months, it came as a surprise really that it was THAT BIG a deal. I mean, would it not be safer to do it under the radar for little amounts FOREVER?!?! Anyway, I don't even care about the economy since I don't trade thru the AHs that much, altho it certainly explains why there are no Shroud raids being run lately, LOL. Fortunately, I only need 1 or 2 more greensteel items and I don't even need them this life and it is my main character and a first lifer. If any of you people are game enthusiasts like me, you will know that cheating just kill gaming fun. Can you honestly say that having easy 10mil plats and 10mil astral shards fun? What's the point of playing anymore? Is the amount of time spending playing DDO worth more or less now that everything can just be bought? Yeah DDO has a problem with grinding like a year worth of time and not getting that elusive item, but it is worth so much more the moment you finally pull it. I think that all items should become available after you have run this specific quest or open this chest a set amount of time, with named items cycling thru like each 25 completions or chest opening for nonraid items or their percentage to appear increases by 1% and only reset once they appear (I know, lots of programming and datas to keep track of, lol). It should also be easier to get raid items than it is now: 60 completions and still no seal or no shard or not even the item, really?!? How about a master seal or shard or item template that can be traded for the item of our choice after 60 completions? That would really help and it would mean that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel if we just keep going forward.

Back to the topic, I personally think that some punishments should be handed out, but not too severe like a permaban. How about just resetting all PROVEN guilty accounts' existing (and future) toons to level 1 first lifers yet with the xp cost of a 2nd TR for leveling and just removing all illgotten items and refund players who bought them? Bet they will not like the re-grinding play for sure and hopefully it would be a lesson that will be REALLY remembered long after the exploit is forgotten. Another word, if you have more than 1 account, you need to go live in RL more: it is not a game for you anymore, it is a job.

Aren't all of these threads discussing exploits against the rules?
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is revenge. Not a question of Morals.
    Morals implies that you will uphold your end of the bargain despite what the other party might.
    His idea of morality is clearly that you only need to hold your bargain with those who are good to you, and if you feel wronged you have license to act any way you like.

I wonder where that line of thinking has been prevalent in the near past, and what kind of consequences it has had ...

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast