Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast
    Community Member

Boohoo! I cheated and now I'm getting punished!

It's all someone else's fault!

Oh no! I'm allergic to cats! *ahhhhhhhh-choo-oo!!!*
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

and stop derailing me you two, can't you see i'm on the path of righteousness and you're distracting me with fun things like Mr T

if i catch you acting like a fool again you're gonna meet my friend pain... no wait, forget that, nerfed class again
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by Superhik View Post

Spoken once again like a true indoctrinated drone.
    Yeah, because keeping ones word is such a tough concent to understand.

The sheer need to negatively label folks who do merely stems from completely understanding being in the wrong, and the human condition to flail at justification when that understanding weighs on ones conscience.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

By all means you have full rights to your personal opinion and stance on the subject at hand.
    Personal responsibility and integrity isn't a corny concept and am well aware of that. Use of sarcasm here is a bit misplaced though since you should be well aware of the very same things you blatantly joke about in my posts.

Use of exploits could be attached to the decisions of a company in question just the same as for players using their product. In an ideal situation that same integrity should be reciprocal, what Turbine gives, Turbine gets.
    Don't you consider an exploit from their behalf when under false pretension of inadequacy, or really an actual one, and am sure by now it's the latter, they refuse to rectify a situation where a player loses all the Shroud mats, and other hard gathered ingridients over the years through a bug in bank transfer.
    See, before u19 hit, to my knowledge, trying to use this glitch in question didn't duplicate but substracted the items. They didn't do anything about that, they didn't compensate majority of players that witnessed it and where affected by the loss of all the items. Now since it's beneficial to the players, they're deploying, hah, deploying.
    Don't you think the occurrence of Astral shards is an exploit and even bigger hit to the game economy then one miserly duplication glitch.
    Isn't it an exploit to introduce iconics as a sort of a new races that where so rushed and poorly developed just for quick cash catch. Bladeforged use the same mesh as do Warforged, only difference is the textures, and they didn't even manage to stamp 'em correctly, their backs are misaligned and quality of textures for those very same iconics introduced in 2013 is of poorer resolution than the Warforged ones from 2006.
    Isn't it an exploit to change some of the vintage loot dating from first Winter festival and all the other old twink items. Retroactive changes to loot if it's intended to decrease their power, but for the loot that gets revamped to a better version, retroactive change isn't an option.
    Don't you consider an exploit from their part that when new pre system was introduced most of the synergy for multiclassing and increase in power through enhancements went to the p2p classes.

False advertisement announcing druids and other races years before they where actually introduced to the game. Pledging to the community members that the store will never become prevalent for the increase in power to characters in game. What about Astral shard reroll loot button on chests in German client?
    Can go on and on about their exploits of the players and their pockets. And those exploits are far more disturbing then the ones introduced by a bug where you can duplicate some miserly pixels.

We deal with malignant game breaking bugs daily, memory dumps, weird AI glitches that sometimes lock the quests and even find a way around some of them. Is it also an exploit to circumvent detrimental bugs that aren't adressed for years?
    Is it the same as exploiting beneficial ones that are really few and far between and get dealt with promptly.

Who was exactly wronged by this duplication glitch? Was it Turbine with an increase of Astral shards bought from in game store, was it the players that benefited by using and abusing it, or was it the players that where unaware how to reproduce it but still benefited from the lower prices on ASAH. Was it those righteously vigilant fanbois that disregarded the bug and enjoyed the game as usual or those innactive players that didn't/still don't know about it and don't care either way.
    I can't see how anyone was negatively impacted by it, well, maybe the company, but with their quality testing, it's well deserved. And don't say someone spent real $$ to obtain duplicated items though the market, they'd have done the same either way, only it would've had more impact on their wallet if it wasn't for the bug.
    Would go so far to even state that this bug was intentional just to raise the sales of Astral shards and make them more important than any plat or scales or any other currency.
    i couldnt say it better

Default I'm confused

If this thread is not about exploits, doom, nerfs, random loot, grind, xp or how ____ has ruined the game. What is it about? can it be about killing mario? I would like that very much. Come on people you know after years of hearing "It's a Me Mario" I mean the guy is so full of himself his name is literally Mario Mario.

Down with the Mario!

Bowserkoopa,

Join the Koopa Troopa's today and receive as a free signing bonus one 1-up mushroom

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Community Member

Stupidity and sheer negligence ...
    Learn the use of quotes and teach your children that, first step to making a world a better place.
    Do what you like with your knives dude, don't care about your homicidal tendencies.
    Teach your kids that as well.
    Also teach them the true meaning of justice.
    You really are fixated on murder, aren't you?
    Thank you amigo for acknowledging that I'm inventing my own moral codes, am not that dense to follow society imposed ones, that's for sure.
    You do that drone.
    Spoken like a true sheep
    Programmed, indoctrinated, compliant, placid one

Morals don't matter to you, Turbines Code of conduct is you God, isn't it?

Ye, and you despair about the world your kids are growing up in, start with your household por favor.
    Stupidity, speaking like a drone / sheep / indoctrinated / compliant one, morals don't matter to you, teach your children the true meaning of justice, CoC being god, despairing about the world your kids are growing up in, helping children making the world a better place (my favorite), I am proud to make my own moral codes (this one's pretty good too), murder fixation.

Who could think after reading these words you are reading a thread about a massively multiplayer online role playing *GAME*.

@kned225

Morals don't matter to you, Turbines Code of conduct is you God, isn't it?
    How come you even know of a person that's activist, since you've give up all your rights straight from the get go?
    If u play ddo, the code of conduct is your god too. Because its a game. And it belongs to turbine

And because of real life activists, where it matters, any of us are free to stop playing and create or play a ddo competitor

If u dont see the difference, u need more help than i can provide

Quote Originally Posted by fredericko View Post
    Stupidity, speaking like a drone / sheep / indoctrinated / compliant one, morals don't matter to you, teach your children the true meaning of justice, CoC being god, despairing about the world your kids are growing up in, helping children making the world a better place (my favorite), I am proud to make my own moral codes (this one's pretty good too), murder fixation.

Who could think after reading these words you are reading a thread about a massively multiplayer online role playing *GAME*.
    You, who are on the road, must have a code, that you can live by.
    And so, become yourself, because the past, is just a good bye.
    Teach, your children well, their father's hell, did slowly go by,
    And feed, them on your dreams, the one they picked, the one you're known by.
    Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you you would cry,
    So just look at them and sigh, and know they love you.

And you, of the tender years, can't know the fears, that your elders grew by.
    And so please help, them with your years, they seek the truth before they can die.
    Teach, your parents well, their children's hell, will slowly go by.
    And feed, them on your dreams, the one they picked, the one you're known by.
    Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you you would cry,
    So just look at them and sigh, and know they love you.

-Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    What rules are you saying they are violating? I see this claim a lot, but I don't see any substantiation, just "they're breaking their own rules". What's that term? Screenshot or it didn't happen?

What rules are the relatives/friends violating? Also, just because somebody may be a VIP doesn't mean that's all the money they spend. I have 2 VIP accounts that have both expansions. If there's something on sale that my points won't cover that I want, I'll buy more points to get it, and that means I may have to do it twice, once per account. So invalid argument, since it's based on the premise that a VIP account doesn't spend more money than their sub.

The rest of this smacks of rationalization of the exploit, yet again. I don't care how long the exploiters are banned, so long as it sends a loud and clear message that "exploit early and often" will no longer be tolerated. BTW, if any of the accounts found to be participating in the exploit can be traced to forum accounts that tout that philosophy, they should be permabanned, because not only are they promoting it in game, but they are also promoting it here. That's an element that can readily be removed. After all, if they tout this philosophy, what other exploits did they take advantage of? What's going to stop them from being hip deep in the next one?
    They are violating none as in the agreement they dont agree to any exact specifics on what they owe you if they make a mistake or hurt your gaming experience. But let me give you one example that can get a player banned: if the player intentionally causes lag by any means. Now I dont have to remind you what happens when mabar, festival, cc kicks in and all the raids end up failed due to every single player causing lag at the same time. Do they allow admins to resurrect players when the lagfest is over? Do they refund any1 for a 30-60 min wasted time due to a lag that cud be avoided if "oh i dunno" turbine was willing to buy better tech to manage the game?
    How do I screenshot all the bugs, lags, lame **** that this game can occasionally offer? You want a screenshot? Well how about you visit Titan raid (Titan awakes) and enjoy what it has to offer again after is has beed fixed so many times? Experience it yourself.

You have mistaken my argument entirely. I did not say anything bad about vips. I said turbine so far has proven its longing for money by making the game pay-to-win with raid bypasses, shroud mats from ddostore. Do you think that all the inability and this money-hungry mentality will result in a meaningful example-setting?

"BTW, if any of the accounts found to be participating in the exploit can be traced to forum accounts that tout that philosophy, they should be permabanned, because not only are they promoting it in game, but they are also promoting it here. That's an element that can readily be removed. After all, if they tout this philosophy, what other exploits did they take advantage of? What's going to stop them from being hip deep in the next one?"

Exploits always happened no matter how many exploiters they banned permanently. You are also trying to make me look like those solely who blame Turbine. I am not. But I do not trust their ability to seperate the blood from water. And after you admit you spend a lot of money on it and so angrily mistaking my words for something they actually did not mean, I cannot believe your judgement is not biased. As for banning accountats that tout this philosophy... Do not get me wrong but you just literally encouraged censorship and thats a good start if you want to make a company more self-righteous. There are many idealists like you out there who defend Turbine with such vehemency, and I gotta tell you 3 years from now, you will be trolling these forums against them. I hope to see you back by then (Seriously, not kidding.)
    Last edited by g4b3; 10-09-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Disagree somewhat a lot of buyers knew about what was happening and took advantage they should be punished as well by the loss of what hey bought with no return of what they used to buy the duplicated items plus a 3 day ban.
    Then Turbine also needs to punish anyone who got dupe goods as free gift. Someone need scales to finish their GS item. A person gave that newbie 10 scales to help. But it's duped scales. The newbie knew about it and used it anyway. The newbie then needs to be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    so what's the topic then? cheating? hacking? scamming?

Don't think so... A quick scan thru the thread shows no sign of my ex.

>_<
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Bans have begun on Ghallanda, and it's clear from who has been banned, that "endgame" will suffer for awhile. Large populations of "endgame" guilds have been wiped out.

Why some of these auctions remain, I have no idea. They should be taken down first, people banned second. It makes me wonder if they're only banning people that have sold items, so people are still remaining and just now selling and thus just now getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by g4b3 View Post
    did he return it with the same several hundred dollars he had found it with or with just a bit less several hundred dollars?
    You made a good point tho, turbine-like policy of one sided dedication (player keeps the rules, service provider violates it anytime it wants) will eventually leave a lot of people homeless. If I correctly understood what you were implying.

Just one question tho, do you think that those players who happen to be relatives or friendies of devs/marketing guys or any turbine employee will get the same punishment? Will the premium guy ,who so far spent 30$ each month (better payer than a vip, permaban means an avrg 30 dollars loss to turbine per month) be severly punished too? Will turbine risk money loss? Remember that Astral house is unavailable to f2ps (who never spent real money on the game, not premiums).

This is why the brainless permabanning is stupid. You demand something that is obviously rigged from the start. Just a reminder: astral house was turned off for 15-20 hours b4 the hotfix. So it is likely the investigations were started there. Fresh posts, easy-to-track postings, aka the investigation is already biased (tho it makes sense, they obviously wanna track down those who cost them dollars, only then they start banning bound item or AH-exploiters.)

But it sill makes permaban a biased solution. As it will be relatively interpreted by admins. They wont go like: well policy says its permaban but hey, come on, these 20 guys would lose us 4k dollars overall. Lets make it 1 week ban.
    Also if they CAN track the item stacks somehow, just take em away+ temp-ban.

Also, we do not call 2012 Primal avatar users exploiters, yet that made raid bosses go down 50% or even more faster, making raid items easily be earned. How about that 1 year of primal avatar users permabanned too? I think thats a good place to start YOUR judgement.
    I think it was evident that I was talking about my own integrity and some peoples ability to justify their lack.
    I don't know who will get punished and who won't.
    I only know that if I use obvious exploits the consequence will be on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragoon View Post
    but that's almost the whole point? what's the point in doing something you consider good if you don't get to tell everyone? like owning a Prius XD
    While I agree - Prius people aren't nearly as bad as SmartCar drivers... Those hipsters are all about themselves and their worthless little enclosed mopeds. "Don't you like my commuting suppository?" "What's wrong with you SUV/Truck drivers?" "Why did you run me the f*** over?" Me, Me, Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    No, that's carrion eater.
    Don't judge.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Not an exploiter myself, and yeah I think it's hilarious how predictable the "I shouldn't be punished because I did something obviously wrong, because it was possible to do it due to imperfect code" it's a little like blaming the Universe/Buddah/God/Yer mom, because you have free will and decided to use it to steal something.

That said I believe the vitriol towards them surely outweighs the impact of their "crime"

I also suspect that mass bannings at a time when it's hard to find a group at off peak hours is not going to help anyone find groups.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Best . . . post . . . ever.
    Thanks
    As I see it, you are one of those very few people with a view from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Ask and you shall receive:

http://peculiarfare.wordpress.com/20...op-sloppy-joe/

Also, Vegan for health is meh. I went Paleo. Reduce the amount of carbs and sugars, eat stuff with pro-nutrients and no anti-nutrients (no corn, no rice, no soy, no beans) and you get your energy from animal fat instead of carbs. I've lost 40lbs since June, feel fit for the first time in years, gaining muscle mass, my sugar problems (hypoglycemia) are disappearing, and I can eat all the steak fat, chicken skin, pork rinds and bacon I want!
    We did that, but not like in a disciplined manner (i.e. we still eat beans and rice - I grew up on the border between Texas & Louisiana, are you NUTS?) Primarily eat meat and veggies, minimizing (though not eliminating) starches and carbs.

I have no idea if I am any healthier... I do know I eat less, though; and only get "food drunk" when we overindulge in junk at a party or something.

By all means you have full rights to your personal opinion and stance on the subject at hand.
    Personal responsibility and integrity isn't a corny concept and am well aware of that. Use of sarcasm here is a bit misplaced though since you should be well aware of the very same things you blatantly joke about in my posts.

Use of exploits could be attached to the decisions of a company in question just the same as for players using their product. In an ideal situation that same integrity should be reciprocal, what Turbine gives, Turbine gets.
    Don't you consider an exploit from their behalf when under false pretension of inadequacy, or really an actual one, and am sure by now it's the latter, they refuse to rectify a situation where a player loses all the Shroud mats, and other hard gathered ingridients over the years through a bug in bank transfer.
    See, before u19 hit, to my knowledge, trying to use this glitch in question didn't duplicate but substracted the items. They didn't do anything about that, they didn't compensate majority of players that witnessed it and where affected by the loss of all the items. Now since it's beneficial to the players, they're deploying, hah, deploying.
    Don't you think the occurrence of Astral shards is an exploit and even bigger hit to the game economy then one miserly duplication glitch.
    Isn't it an exploit to introduce iconics as a sort of a new races that where so rushed and poorly developed just for quick cash catch. Bladeforged use the same mesh as do Warforged, only difference is the textures, and they didn't even manage to stamp 'em correctly, their backs are misaligned and quality of textures for those very same iconics introduced in 2013 is of poorer resolution than the Warforged ones from 2006.
    Isn't it an exploit to change some of the vintage loot dating from first Winter festival and all the other old twink items. Retroactive changes to loot if it's intended to decrease their power, but for the loot that gets revamped to a better version, retroactive change isn't an option.
    Don't you consider an exploit from their part that when new pre system was introduced most of the synergy for multiclassing and increase in power through enhancements went to the p2p classes.

False advertisement announcing druids and other races years before they where actually introduced to the game. Pledging to the community members that the store will never become prevalent for the increase in power to characters in game. What about Astral shard reroll loot button on chests in German client?
    Can go on and on about their exploits of the players and their pockets. And those exploits are far more disturbing then the ones introduced by a bug where you can duplicate some miserly pixels.

We deal with malignant game breaking bugs daily, memory dumps, weird AI glitches that sometimes lock the quests and even find a way around some of them. Is it also an exploit to circumvent detrimental bugs that aren't adressed for years?
    Is it the same as exploiting beneficial ones that are really few and far between and get dealt with promptly.

Who was exactly wronged by this duplication glitch? Was it Turbine with an increase of Astral shards bought from in game store, was it the players that benefited by using and abusing it, or was it the players that where unaware how to reproduce it but still benefited from the lower prices on ASAH. Was it those righteously vigilant fanbois that disregarded the bug and enjoyed the game as usual or those innactive players that didn't/still don't know about it and don't care either way.
    I can't see how anyone was negatively impacted by it, well, maybe the company, but with their quality testing, it's well deserved. And don't say someone spent real $$ to obtain duplicated items though the market, they'd have done the same either way, only it would've had more impact on their wallet if it wasn't for the bug.
    Would go so far to even state that this bug was intentional just to raise the sales of Astral shards and make them more important than any plat or scales or any other currency.
    If all of that weighs that heavily on any player, they should stop playing the game. Trust me, if I was one of the players who banked an entire bag of years worth of ingredients and they disappeared, and Turbine REFUSED to do anything about it, I would stop playing their game. I wouldnt take advantage of exploits, then attempt to justify my poor behavior by citing their poor behavior. If enough people stopped playing due to all this stuff you listed, that would drive the point home. Taking advantage of an imperfect system merely gets you banned for breaking an agreement you signed while creating your account.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast