Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Such as what? Not enjoying pick up groups? Personally I just don't like to waste time playing with those that may not be compatible if I have another choice. I'm the same way with food, I'll order something I know I like rather than something I may not given the choice.

Less lag is just a bonus.

I don't get what you find aberrant.
    Not ever wanting to meet new people. It's small, but it's the same kind of behavior and thought process that makes nutjobs move up into the hills.

You have to appreciate the purity of someone who consistently exhibits poor and often aggressive behaviour criticizing the behaviour of others.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Not ever wanting to meet new people. It's small, but it's the same kind of behavior and thought process that makes nutjobs move up into the hills.
    Not likely to quest with strangers is not the same as not liking to meet them. By the way, given the choice, I also don't like to work with people I just met or loan things to people I just met.

Maybe it's trust issues I developed from a young age and being told not to take rides from strangers.

Lol some people just like the peace and quiet and want to get away from the rat race. Just because some people prefer a bit a solitude doesn't make them a raving lunatic or dangerous pycho.

As for the game, meh I don't mind risking 10 minutes of my time to take the risk of meeting people I would prefer not to run with. Heck how I feel right at that moment might influence who I might want to run with. This guy is ok but hes really slow and I know its a good chance he won't know the quest so I will most likely be the one going back to show him the way........meh I don't really mind. The next day I might not feel like doing that so avoid group hes in, the day after I might be feeling up to it. The day after that, im the guy who doesn't know this quest and that guy is the one thats telling me where everything is. LOL.

Pugging though is important, how did you meet the guy that got you into your guild? The guy/lady that got you into some channel? How are new players going to meet people? Log in, don't ever see any groups, eventually stop playing because they feel the game is a ghost town compared to other MMO's?
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-10-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Pugging though is important, how did you meet the guy that got you into your guild? The guy/lady that got you into some channel? How are new players going to meet people? Log in, don't ever see any groups, eventually stop playing because they feel the game is a ghost town compared to other MMO's?
    Asking generally works. "Hey, are you guys taking new members?" Might take 10 minutes to find a guild willing to take you and might take a few guilds to find the right guild, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    call me a dooooom!-er if u like,i know its not exactly prime time,but if at ANY time there are ONLY 6 lfms up on a whole server,PERIOD. i think its time to worry. my buddy is sitting next to me playing ff14(not that its a great game) and there are THOUSANDS of people looking for groups.... man...
    6 a.m. US time, lunchtime in Europe, on a weekday. Sounds like prime gaming time. So yeah...

P.S. That's afternoon in Asia, maybe you wanna try moving to Sarlona :P
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Asking generally works. "Hey, are you guys taking new members?" Might take 10 minutes to find a guild willing to take you and might take a few guilds to find the right guild, but it works.
    I would like to run with a few members first to get a feel for how they are, and a lot of guilds I know prefer to get to know people by running quests with them a few times.

I think thats a good way to recruit or to get into a guild.

10.30pm AEST / 7.30am EST and only 3 lfm's on Orien and one of them is a dead one. What the hell, did 90% of the players get burned with this exploit?? And the who list is less than 50% of what i normally see at this time
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I would like to run with a few members first to get a feel for how they are, and a lot of guilds I know prefer to get to know people by running quests with them a few times.

I think thats a good way to recruit or to get into a guild.
    Our Guild does much the same thing. We won't invite anyone unless we've run with them a few times. We have a lovely bunch of people in our Guild and it would be a shame to spoil the atmosphere. (I may be a grumpy bugger on the Forums but my Guildies are really nice people ).

That said, in response to the OP, I haven't been on much because I've finally found a job after two years of being unemployed. I've popped on for a few mins to say hi to my guild and check that everyone's doing ok, but other than that, not been on much.
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 10-11-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    6 a.m. US time, lunchtime in Europe, on a weekday. Sounds like prime gaming time. So yeah...

P.S. That's afternoon in Asia, maybe you wanna try moving to Sarlona :P
    Completely unrelated note (nothin' new), but that quote in your sig - consider me impressed. Goodkind was my favourite author for years, until the books released became extremely dull.. and I discovered Stephen King.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Completely unrelated note (nothin' new), but that quote in your sig - consider me impressed. Goodkind was my favourite author for years, until the books released became extremely dull.. and I discovered Stephen King.
    Yup. Wizard's First Rule. Not a new concept, but Goodkind phrased it quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    What I want to know is why drugs turn most people into drooling morons, yet Stephen King wrote better before he cleaned up and got sober.

What's really important is how fast your LFMs fill...

I threw up two LFMs last night on Thelanis, and they both filled in 2-3 minutes... I won't call a server dying until that stops happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

I threw up two LFMs last night on Thelanis, and they both filled in 2-3 minutes... I won't call a server dying until that stops happening.
    Just out of curiosity, were they completely random PuG's? (I.e. You'd never met any of them before), or were they people you'd run with before/mix of both?

What I want to know is why drugs turn most people into drooling morons, yet Stephen King wrote better before he cleaned up and got sober.
    He hasn't released anything in years, surely.

Everything lately under his name is fraud, surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

Mine tend to take 5 minutes... and that's only if there isn't another group stealing potential soul stones from my grasp. :c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123