Default pale green ioun stone?

do the drop on normal or hard? or i must farm on elite? just farm it with all my 20+ toon.. and so far no luck...rest of my toon are 10~15.. don't think they could solo elite... thx

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default My exp

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    do the drop on normal or hard? or i must farm on elite? just farm it with all my 20+ toon.. and so far no luck...rest of my toon are 10~15.. don't think they could solo elite... thx
    In my best exp. I averaged 2 drops per ransack on elite. Keeping one and passing the other to a group member that didn't get one to drop for them on the way to ransack. The absolute best I've seen was we got 4 grand total on a ransack run on elite. I tried a few times on other difficuclties, but didn't get any drops. All mine were on elite.

Make sure to have someone get the extra chest up front when speaking to the prisoner. Might help increase drop rate on elite (2 chests instead of one?), but didn't pay attention per sey, but made sure we got the extra chest each run anyways.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadow_of_a_Doubt

Tips and Misc

At the start of the quest, use bluff, diplomacy or intimidate (DCs: ?56 ?62 ??*68) with the prisoner for an additional chest at the end.
    Though the streets of Wheloon appear at first to be a bit of a maze, they're really rather linear.
    At the end of the quest, you can read the Mysterious Note on the table during or after Teralyn's fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In my best exp. I averaged 2 drops per ransack on elite. Keeping one and passing the other to a group member that didn't get one to drop for them on the way to ransack. The absolute best I've seen was we got 4 grand total on a ransack run on elite. I tried a few times on other difficuclties, but didn't get any drops. All mine were on elite.

Make sure to have someone get the extra chest up front when speaking to the prisoner. Might help increase drop rate on elite (2 chests instead of one?), but didn't pay attention per sey, but made sure we got the extra chest each run anyways.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadow_of_a_Doubt

Tips and Misc

At the start of the quest, use bluff, diplomacy or intimidate (DCs: ?56 ?62 ??*68) with the prisoner for an additional chest at the end.
    Though the streets of Wheloon appear at first to be a bit of a maze, they're really rather linear.
    At the end of the quest, you can read the Mysterious Note on the table during or after Teralyn's fight.
    sigh i have already ransack 8 toon.. still no luck.. my other 5 toon are not enough to do elite on their own... unfortunately none of my toon have bluff, diplomacy or intimidate... sigh.. ill try to find a group to farm this. ty

Treasure Hunter

Default YW and NP

sigh i have already ransack 8 toon.. still no luck.. my other 5 toon are not enough to do elite on their own... unfortunately none of my toon have bluff, diplomacy or intimidate... sigh.. ill try to find a group to farm this. ty
    If you're on Sarlona I don't mind running with you till one drops. I can pass mine to you if I get one. Right now I only have 2 toons at L18 that can run it.

Between myself and another player that has run with me, we've ransacked the chest 9 times with only one stone to show for it. In addition I've only seen one cloak and none of the armor. Drop rates are very, very low or I've got wretched luck. You're not alone in having trouble farming the stone.

The good news is that it's a 4 minute or less zerg on a capped toon that can cast invisibility on itself so it's at least fast.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Treasure Hunter

Default Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Between myself and another player that has run with me, we've ransacked the chest 9 times with only one stone to show for it. In addition I've only seen one cloak and none of the armor. Drop rates are very, very low or I've got wretched luck. You're not alone in having trouble farming the stone.

The good news is that it's a 4 minute or less zerg on a capped toon that can cast invisibility on itself so it's at least fast.
    We were only after the stones, but I don't recall any other notable loot dropping but the stones. I did find few shortcuts in the town to bypass the bear traps, etc and make it go faster.

Also, out of habit I was killing all the baddies and smashing all the breakables and it still seemed like the runs went fast. My favorite was at the guard when the 3 waves of shadow spawn come in and I was kiting the shadow mobs between 2 blade barriers that were super close and not overlapping. This seemed to make it go fast after the shrine b4 the end fight. Basically my secret weapon was BB and jump

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    If you're on Sarlona I don't mind running with you till one drops. I can pass mine to you if I get one. Right now I only have 2 toons at L18 that can run it.
    cool, ill contact you in game.. had you on my friend list.. you are that level 18 artificer right?

Treasure Hunter

Default yes

cool, ill contact you in game.. had you on my friend list.. you are that level 18 artificer right?
    Yes, and both are L18 (other is a mixto.)