Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fix Broker My Bags

Hello

I never used the so called exploit and only found out about it after the patch today. You can check my logs and will see that this is the case.

Was curious to see if it had been fixed so I checked to see what happens and now the damned game is broken because when I move items from my bank to my inventory items are lost!

Yes lost!!!

I am using the bank, the bags and the inventory in a manner that is perfectly legal for them to be used and now items are being lost

You broke my game so please give me back my lost items - was just 2 silly items but if to fix an exploit you break a mechanism that is supposed to work you are skating on thin ice concerning my monthly sub

Thank you

Wow. This is... beyond belief.

Has anyone else had similar experience? When I get home I will test it by moving something worthless out of the bank. Will check character bank, TR bank, and shared bank.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Hello

I never used the so called exploit and only found out about it after the patch today. You can check my logs and will see that this is the case.

Was curious to see if it had been fixed so I checked to see what happens and now the damned game is broken because when I move items from my bank to my inventory items are lost!

Yes lost!!!

I am using the bank, the bags and the inventory in a manner that is perfectly legal for them to be used and now items are being lost

You broke my game so please give me back my lost items - was just 2 silly items but if to fix an exploit you break a mechanism that is supposed to work you are skating on thin ice concerning my monthly sub

Thank you
    It's very likely Lost and Found will pick up your items. Check the mail in a little bit.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Lost and Found is busted ...... been sending me weird items that are not mine for months now. Someone at the Eberron Post Office likes me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    Lost and Found is busted ...... been sending me weird items that are not mine for months now. Someone at the Eberron Post Office likes me.
    I've noticed a difference too. I finally got to destroy some bound to character bags that had been coming back to me for... forever. I thought I was cursed to forever have them taking up inventory space.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    It's very likely Lost and Found will pick up your items. Check the mail in a little bit.
    I really hope this is the case

I admit I read up on what has been happening and did exactly what was done pre patch to test so hopefully this is just a way to punish those who exploited before or to perhaps gather some info on exploiters but seriously this is something that could happen to the unaware so very easily

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    Out of curiosity, were they all Clubs of the Holy Flame? If so, that wasn't Lost and Found

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Out of curiosity, were they all Clubs of the Holy Flame? If so, that wasn't Lost and Found
    Lol, thankfully no Lots of random low level outfits and tiny bags and the odd collectible

Default wow

I won't be moving my Large ingredient bags from my shared bank until i know this is working.
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

Quote Originally Posted by cnynridr2 View Post
    I won't be moving my Large ingredient bags from my shared bank until i know this is working.
    My issue was not with moving a whole ingredients bag just with testing the "fix" ... the fix seems to have fixed the exploit (I say seem because I honestly don't know if it worked the way I tested it)

But when I now move items from an ingredient bag to the inventory in a certain manner the stack being moved is depleted (and no I am destroying them)

If I so wish I should be able to move 1 item out of a stack from my collectable bag into my inventory

As an example I use different toons to hold different items / collectables etc ... if I wish to move one item from my ingredient bag to my inventory out of a stack it should not reduce the total I hold ...

Community Member

My issue was not with moving a whole ingredients bag just with testing the "fix" ... the fix seems to have fixed the exploit (I say seem because I honestly don't know if it worked the way I tested it)

But when I now move items from an ingredient bag to the inventory in a certain manner the stack being moved is depleted (and no I am destroying them)

If I so wish I should be able to move 1 item out of a stack from my collectable bag into my inventory

As an example I use different toons to hold different items / collectables etc ... if I wish to move one item from my ingredient bag to my inventory out of a stack it should not reduce the total I hold ...

sounds like a fast and sloppy fix on turbines part.....fix fixed in u20 ??

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Pretty sure the "fix" was to roll-back a bug fix. So the current broken functionality is how it was broken for a while before the exploit (probably for quite a while, I think I read on the forum of this bug over a year a go).

So, they should just put in a Known Issue/announcement about how to avoid the current broken feature.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Default lol this is funny

okay so i tested putting an item that i had to split into the bank, and it worked. then i tried to take the item out and it says "item was transferred to a LARGE ING bag" problem is: I dont own a LARGE ING bag just a GARGANTUAN bag. i dont have a LARGE ING bag in my tr cache/bank/shared bank. the misteries continues.....
    Officer of STORM LORDS

KREYLIA/TRAPSIN/DEZINIGOMOH/FREEHEALER/SMECKZY/IMDEADLY

Quote Originally Posted by kerupted View Post
    okay so i tested putting an item that i had to split into the bank, and it worked. then i tried to take the item out and it says "item was transferred to a LARGE ING bag" problem is: I dont own a LARGE ING bag just a GARGANTUAN bag. i dont have a LARGE ING bag in my tr cache/bank/shared bank. the misteries continues.....
    Well at least you got a message ....but your issue seems even more serious than mine!!

Pure awesome

Anyways I'm going to bed and seriously reconsidering my 7 year habit .... maybe think about other things in life

Yes lost!!!
    Thanks for the warning, I won't be playing the game until this is fixed or explained.

Plenty of items are losing their value, I don't want to lose the items themselves because of a "hotfix".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Thanks for the warning, I won't be playing the game until this is fixed or explained.

Plenty of items are losing their value, I don't want to lose the items themselves because of a "hotfix".
    Well, if there is a rollback all that XP and quest completion and such that you've done from 19.3 to the rollback will get destroyed, so no point in playing anyway.

Why would you even test to see if the exploit still existed anyways?

I do hope your lost items are restored to you, but I just don't understand your initial reasoning.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Why would you even test to see if the exploit still existed anyways?

I do hope your lost items are restored to you, but I just don't understand your initial reasoning.
    Maybe just to see if they've actually fixed something, right, the first time? Checking for end of days? The usual.

Community Member

Sorry, OP, but there is just no way you're going to convince me that Turbine might have broken something while attempting to fix something. That kind of thing just does not happen!

Community Member

Seems like the safest thing to do, if you wanted to test it, would be on Lammania..... but it's closed......... *weak*yaaay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast