Community Member

Default Notices on the Launcher?

When I go to log onto the game, it shows the notices as usual, but it immediately kicks the scroll bar to the middle position. Which means that if I log on, go get some coffee or something, or am just not paying that close of attention, then I miss the most recent updates.

Does it do this to anyone else and is there a way to stop if from auto-setting the scroll bar?

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    When I go to log onto the game, it shows the notices as usual, but it immediately kicks the scroll bar to the middle position. Which means that if I log on, go get some coffee or something, or am just not paying that close of attention, then I miss the most recent updates.

Does it do this to anyone else and is there a way to stop if from auto-setting the scroll bar?
    Happens to me every time as well.

Default See this Tolero?

This happens to me too. How can the player base be fairly warned about topics if the launcher isn't working right?

Community Member

I have the same issue.

Community Member

I have the same issue for a while.

But does it matter? As you've noticed that the scroll bar is in the middle, of course you are expected to scroll up and read. If you don't, that is your own fault. It's no excuse for missing vital information.

You deserve to be permabanned because of willful neglect.

Use the 3rd-party Pylotro launcher - it offers a number of advantages over the official launcher, including being able to see news posts.

Community Member

same. a couple days ago I got all excited cause I thought there was a second mabar preview.

no preview..... I cried... and now I have bound to account ap cray in my inventory from TR cache that I won't use until I have a monk/cleric/fvs build.

Community Member

As far as I can tell, the Launcher never reloads the news on its own, so if you leave the launcher open for a length of time you won't have the most recent news anyway.

Ditto, and I haven't found one.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Yeah I get that too. So I never read the 'communication' that is supposed there.
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

I have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Use the 3rd-party Pylotro launcher - it offers a number of advantages over the official launcher, including being able to see news posts.
    Thanks will look in to this

Stoner81.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Yep every time. This leads me to believe Launcher warnings may not be the answer to exploits.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

This frequently happens to me on both the Windows and Mac clients.
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Community Member

Happens all the times, and if I don't pay close attention, will miss the "scheduled downtime" so in the middle of a super long quest usually when I am fighting like 2 orange bosses, there is this big global announcement that the servers will shut down and I say ***?

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Yep, same here. Including the mistake in thinking another Mabar preview was happening :/

Greetz,
    Red Orm