Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,002

    Default

    I don't think its fair I have to get off my ship and run aaaalllll the way to the quest. my pendant should be a free feat always active that teleports me straight to the quest.

  2. #22

    Default Truly

    I am surprised there isn't a hot fix right nao! to fix this terrible exploit. No one plays this game to fail or become "dead" in the game they only want to "crush it" as Shade used to say and not have to use tactics or have to solve puzzles.

    Really Turbine this has gone too far and people are going to leave if the enemy mobs keep using these senseless exploits like doing damage to us, getting massive amounts of hp, unlimited SP, hoping up walls and not giving us the loot we want because after all we are the Player Characters and with out us the game can't go on.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Could you imagine if every quest that someone posts "this is too hard" actually got nerfed into oblivion?

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  3. #23
    Community Member Arnhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Huh... Been playing my Monk a lot lately. What is this "dead" you speak of?

    There is no free lunch.

  4. #24

    Default Well you see

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Huh... Been playing my Monk a lot lately. What is this "dead" you speak of?

    Well you see apparently monsters don't know they aren't supposed to attack us or harm us in any way and just make battle sounds and pretend to fight us and then fall down at the correct action appropriate moment making us feel awesome and heroic. Instead they are hitting us with real malice and casting spells at us and bringing our hp to >-10 and making us into ghosts that are anchored to some sort of stone that represents our soul. Not only that They don't fall down and will make your friends and hirelings and pets "dead" too thus making us not win the adventure. Which is an obvious exploit since we're Player Characters and most of them don't even have real names, and those that do are just supposed to stand there and make pretend to hit us and fall over too giving us phat lootz so we can look better for various movie spin offs based on our obvious heroic status as Player characters.

    Long story short, there are mobs who think it is ok to take down Player Characters and this is an obvious exploit and they need to be banned.

    Bowserkoopa,

    DDO the movie staring you the Player Character in theaters now!

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  5. #25
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post

    DDO the movie staring you the Player Character in theaters now!
    Did Snookie touch you in a bad place again?

  6. #26
    Community Member Arnhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Well you see apparently monsters don't know they aren't supposed to attack us or harm us in any way and just make battle sounds and pretend to fight us and then fall down at the correct action appropriate moment making us feel awesome and heroic. Instead they are hitting us with real malice and casting spells at us and bringing our hp to >-10 and making us into ghosts that are anchored to some sort of stone that represents our soul. Not only that They don't fall down and will make your friends and hirelings and pets "dead" too thus making us not win the adventure. Which is an obvious exploit since we're Player Characters and most of them don't even have real names, and those that do are just supposed to stand there and make pretend to hit us and fall over too giving us phat lootz so we can look better for various movie spin offs based on our obvious heroic status as Player characters.

    Long story short, there are mobs who think it is ok to take down Player Characters and this is an obvious exploit and they need to be banned.

    Bowserkoopa,

    DDO the movie staring you the Player Character in theaters now!
    Ah, I see. NERF THE MOBS!!!
    There is no free lunch.

  7. #27
    Community Member HallowedOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Last night I was shooting fireballs on a group of mobs up on some barrels and one of them managed to climb it up to me and attack!
    Outrageous! I demand that exploit be corrected ASAP so I can safely burn anything again!
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

  8. #28

    Default No

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Did Snookie touch you in a bad place again?
    There is a monster in the game named Snookie? I'll give you there is a person I see on TV named that and she is a monster but I've never physically seen her.

    Also I need to make bean level magikoopa for me, she likes casters, she should do that.

    Also nerf the exploiting mobs Epic Elite just means they should fall down more dramatically during the action scenes.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Nerf the mobs into small blue slimes it's the only way to be sure they don't rise up again

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  9. #29
    Community Member Habitual.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    IT TOatally peevess me off THAT THE KOBOLD SHAMEN do NOT have thier JUMP capped. FAIR IS FAIR, TRUBINE!
    This is coded as intended. they all have spider climb as a level 1 spell-like ability.

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spiderClimb.htm

  10. #30
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habitual.0 View Post
    This is coded as intended. they all have spider climb as a level 1 spell-like ability.

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spiderClimb.htm
    Are the Throwers MC then, because they seem to have it too. ^*^*^* hackers...

  11. #31
    The Hatchery Paleus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stormreach Sewers
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    It's also not very funny or original.
    Simpson's did it!

    No seriously, best not to think about this too much. One might start to realize that almost every post you see here is not original. Complaining about exploits, posting about how the game is dying, complaining about noobs lack of skill, making joke posts like this, etc etc. Even this post saying that posts have been stated before isn't original. Your only choice now is to either see the hamster wheel for what it is and accept that you like it, go insane, or go find something else to do.

    Me, I'm here for the popcorn.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I was just wandering through this wilderness area with some friends when, out of nowhere, the random mob attacked me for no reason. I accidentally killed him while defending myself, he was relentless and chased me and kept walking into my spells to get at me.

    After the ordeal was over my party members kept saying "dude! did you see that? That guy was trying to kill you!"


    Something needs to be done.
    It's a sad state of affairs when decent, tax paying adventurers can't wander about in the wilderness without getting attacked by ne'er-do-wells and brigands!
    Last edited by Chauncey1; 10-09-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: MOAR WERDS MAKE SMRT!

  13. #33
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    You know, having more Ghostbane items drop in random loot will fix all of this.

    Ghostbane is dreamy...

  14. #34
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    teh_troll is dreamy...
    ftfy.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habitual.0 View Post
    This is coded as intended. they all have spider climb as a level 1 spell-like ability.

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spiderClimb.htm
    So to take this where it needs to go, why do we not have access to this ability?


    We need more spells, and things like Spider Climb and Fly seem like low-hanging fruit to me.

    Also it's time for Gnomes.

    Their Racial Prestige (which is also pre-coded) can be Archmage - Illusion.

    They can have +2 Int / -2 Str, Racial Weapon: Pick/Hammer (under-used currently).

    New spells include Force/Light/Dark based damage, Mind-Trapping (stun/hold/charm), and Fear/Death effects in the Illusion School.

    New Damage type: Dark (it's only fair, and can't be that difficult to code, they did it recently with Light)

    New Damage Resistance/Spellpower Displays: Positive, Negative, Water, Fire, Shock, Acid, Light, Dark, Force, Sonic, Rust, Repair.

    New spells that can add Resist/Absorb/Protect to all the damage types, as well as higher level versions of what exists now.

    New spells that add PRR, Dodge, Spellpower. Prismatic Wall, Prismball, Darkball, Lightball, Negative Energy Wall, Healing Wall.

    Update all the stuff they forgot to integrate (ToD Sets, Cannith crafting, etc.).


    Oh, and a pony. I want a pony.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    You know, having more Ghostbane items drop in random loot will fix all of this.

    Ghostbane is dreamy...
    They took away disruption, so far as I can tell, and I think this is the replacement.

    The new loot has taken a lot of grief, but it's actually really well designed.

    I have seen the new database spit out Vorpals, Banishers, Stunners.

    Old "named" loot retains significance for its affixes/Min Level, while old affixes get an update/consolidation.

    Consolidating affixes (like Deception = Bluff + Sneak Attack, Riposte = Damage Guard + Saves/AC) allows for better toon gearing.

    It's also no longer necessary to look up Supreme Glaciation or Freeze VII, as the loot's Min Level will determine the affix level.

  17. #37
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    They took away disruption, so far as I can tell, and I think this is the replacement.

    The new loot has taken a lot of grief, but it's actually really well designed.

    I have seen the new database spit out Vorpals, Banishers, Stunners.

    Old "named" loot retains significance for its affixes/Min Level, while old affixes get an update/consolidation.

    Consolidating affixes (like Deception = Bluff + Sneak Attack, Riposte = Damage Guard + Saves/AC) allows for better toon gearing.

    It's also no longer necessary to look up Supreme Glaciation or Freeze VII, as the loot's Min Level will determine the affix level.
    I agree on some points, but strongly disagree on others. They basically hosed the old system, seemingly to replace some interesting and useful combinations with a narrow range of items. They could have just as easily combined these items under a “special” prefix / suffix like they did with Lacerating, Tyrant, Prism, and so on. But they basically trashed those.

    Secondly, Disruption is still out there. Ghostbane came out the same time as the Solar prefix, if I recall properly. I have a Solar long sword of Disruption on one of my toons.

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I agree on some points, but strongly disagree on others. They basically hosed the old system, seemingly to replace some interesting and useful combinations with a narrow range of items. They could have just as easily combined these items under a “special” prefix / suffix like they did with Lacerating, Tyrant, Prism, and so on. But they basically trashed those.

    Secondly, Disruption is still out there. Ghostbane came out the same time as the Solar prefix, if I recall properly. I have a Solar long sword of Disruption on one of my toons.
    OK, so thanks for the heads up about Disruption, that's good to know, but I bet the Min Level is crazy high. I still feel that Ghostbane is good for the early game. It slot-consolidated. Less gear swaps, more special attacks/spells. I like this design agenda.

    Also, I do not think the range of items is as narrow as you claim. Disruption, Vorpal, Smiting, Banishing, Stunning, Vertigo, Seeker, Destruction, Cursespewing, Keen, Solar, Eldritch, Ghostbane, Riposte, Flame, Shock, Acid, Ice, Doublestrike, Axiomatic, Holy.... is just the start of the list of affixes.

    Older affixes like Pure Good, Burst, Blast or Bane still exist on old named loot, and in Cannith crafting, giving that loot (and crafting) renewed relevance. *(See: Green Steel/Mindsunder/Cannith)

    Affixes of the Lacerating/Prism/of a Thousand Suns generation are still available in named and challenge loot, giving them (and challenges) renewed relevance, as well. *(See: Eveningstar/Underdark)

    We actually have the best of both worlds. I think the new loot is a big step in the right direction.

    I could rant a bit about how they dropped the ball with the Enhancement Pass, if you need evidence I am not a fanboy. The Devs have made some bad calls, in my opinion, but I think they actually got this one right. It has wheels.

    I mean, it was probably an accident, really.

    They probably gave this one guy the job, maybe he owed a favor, or he was in the dog house, and they kinda shoved him off into a corner, to do a job nobody really wanted to do, or even think about, and he was probably like "well I'll show them, I'll just make it really good to annoy them", and they probably avoided him because they didn't want to talk about the project they were certain was going to be a nightmare, so he was all bummed the whole time, and now it gets criticism by proxy because of all the other screw-ups...

    Umm, what were we talking about, again...?
    Last edited by uncleblue; 10-09-2013 at 04:44 PM.

  19. #39
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Well you see apparently monsters don't know they aren't supposed to attack us or harm us in any way and just make battle sounds and pretend to fight us and then fall down at the correct action appropriate moment making us feel awesome and heroic. Instead they are hitting us with real malice and casting spells at us and bringing our hp to >-10 and making us into ghosts that are anchored to some sort of stone that represents our soul. Not only that They don't fall down and will make your friends and hirelings and pets "dead" too thus making us not win the adventure. Which is an obvious exploit since we're Player Characters and most of them don't even have real names, and those that do are just supposed to stand there and make pretend to hit us and fall over too giving us phat lootz so we can look better for various movie spin offs based on our obvious heroic status as Player characters.

    Long story short, there are mobs who think it is ok to take down Player Characters and this is an obvious exploit and they need to be banned.

    Bowserkoopa,

    DDO the movie staring you the Player Character in theaters now!
    Can you tell them to stop sliding around on their butts when I knock em down? Stop going underground if they are scorpions and ive paralyzed them, and stop sliding around the place when they are suppose to be held, dancing on the spot too please?

    Better yet they should just all go on strike and go home, but disarm the traps for me before they leave. . And tie up their boss so all I have to do is deliver the coup de grace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload