Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This. The XP in most high level content sucks.
    Agreed. As mentioned before over 1 million XP to advance from lvl 18 to 20 is ridiculous when from my experience most quests around those levels upon first completition on elite bar a few give around 20k XP even with BB and Tome of G learning. Many give less.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    Shadowfell quests might be included in the 2nd phase. Hopefully.
    I hope so. Shadowfell epic and heroic quests need an XP boost.
    Dorian

Community Member

Default Concluding Amarath

A couple things I would like to see -

Make Chains of Flame a Von3 type of XP quest. There is a long run out to the quest, on elite the quest can be a beast, it has deadly traps, lots of mobs, few shrines and is very long. I would increase the optionals up to Von3 payout too as they are a nice diverse mix of puzzle solving, difficult fights or exploration. This is a good quest and deserves to be run more.

If Temple of Vol is going to be nerfed then so be it but please make it a small nerf. It is the most popular necro4 quest and it really isn't that easy if you are in a group of melee characters.

As many have echoed increasing raid xp should be done across the board. It would help to bring back raiding in the game, something that is sorely missed.

Make optionals worth more in quests, especially the random spawn red names in the lower level quests.

Revisit challenges and put xp back into them. With the addition of all the new powerful random generated loot the challenge shinies are no longer worth grabbing on their own when the xp is so poor.

The current end game raid, FoT starts with its story way back in the Waterworks. It is very cool that something so small as Venn's bloody message eventually leads up to the top raid in the game. All of the Motu content leads up to the final confrontation with Lolth and it feels very satisfying to defeat her in a widely used end game raid. Right now THE major storyline in Eberron, the devil invasion, is basically left unconcluded because people never run Amarath. There are 5 raids associated with this! (chronoscope,abbott, vod, shroud and ToD) yet no emphasis is placed on getting to see the ToD conclusion. I would like to see a Devils saga that includes the all vale quests, the shroud, vod, all the ToD flagging quests and ToD. (I leave out abbott because it's broken quite a bit of the time and chronoscope isn't condusive to be played on heroic levels) Completing this saga should yield a lot of xp, like 500K on all elite. This way by doing the L17+ heroic end game, you more or less finish the eberron storyline and you have the xp needed to finish your 3rd life TR and move onto epic levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I know this is off topic, but what is the point of running quests so fast? Is there any enjoyment or gratification upon completion?
    Some people make time relevant. The enjoyment depends on player to player. What I find hilarious is that some players are in such a hurry to level and than complain there is nothing to do at cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
    Hold For Reinforcements.

Seriously.
    +1
    Argonnessen - Zerg Zerg
    Main: Dalsheel, Warlock
    Alts: Elralia, Wizard // Nesnibtan, FvS

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This. The XP in most high level content sucks.

That is the problem.

Fix that.

No need to reinvent the wheel yet again for no reason.

But why would they make a simple fix when they can completely nerf-in-annihilate the whole system and start over with something so confusing and buggy that it takes 3 updates to get right and by the time you realize how many things are now broken that weren't you wish they would just go back to the way it was?

This IS Turbine, after all.

I'm hopeful that they fix some of the more glaring problems.

Turbine, here's a very simple concept that should be followed:

Each level should have a little MORE xp in it than the last, and raids should be worth the most.
    Stick with that, and things will be just fine.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    I would like to see Explorer area slayer counts divided more - seriously going from 400 to 750 or 750 to 1500 is a disincentive and disheartening ... Give xp, not necessarily more - although more is probably warranted too - just divide it up into more frequent chunks, for example, every 50 kills. Higher end explorer areas need more xp for explorer points and rares.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Some clarifications:

We are likely to reduce the total amount of XP needed for 2nd and 3rd life characters to reach level 20.

We didn't focus a great deal on how much each quest is being run. The focus was on the XP earned and completion times for those who did play these quests.

XP and Favor have long been tied together. The XP formula also brings in factors such as quest length, quest level, quest difficulty, and some constants. There's a few other minor factors as well. In the cases where we are changing some of the XP, we now have the ability to override some of these factors and more directly set the XP values.

It is not our thinking that these changes cover all issues. It's fine and great for you guys to keep up with the suggestions! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Some clarifications:

We are likely to reduce the total amount of XP needed for 2nd and 3rd life characters to reach level 20.
    This makes me happy.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

If so, will this make it into U20 when it goes live or will it be changed in a patch further along the line (of U20) ?
    Last edited by Wulverine; 10-09-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Thelanis -- Wulverine [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific all retired for now...]

Some clarifications:

Question: How would this affect characters currently in the midst of a TR?

Example: If this change was made tomorrow, would my level 7, third-life monk suddenly find themselves with enough XP for, say, level 9?

ETA: Though let me just say that this is the best news I've heard so far concerning the TR/XP revisions. Huzzah for the decision maker on this!
    Last edited by dlsidhe; 10-09-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Some clarifications:

We didn't focus a great deal on how much each quest is being run. The focus was on the XP earned and completion times for those who did play these quests.

XP and Favor have long been tied together. The XP formula also brings in factors such as quest length, quest level, quest difficulty, and some constants. There's a few other minor factors as well. In the cases where we are changing some of the XP, we now have the ability to override some of these factors and more directly set the XP values.

It is not our thinking that these changes cover all issues. It's fine and great for you guys to keep up with the suggestions! Thank you.

HMMMM maybe I will start to actually do my TRs now and it will save me on Stones...... actually ... forget I said that!

Some clarifications:

Focusing on the quest xp would be step 1. I hope step 2 would be why certain quests are run less than others, even after the xp change. Step 3 I hope would be figuring out how to fix/change/entice players to run unpopular quests. Step 4 would be the optional nuke unpopular quests from orbit and make replacement quests that could be more popular.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Smile

Some clarifications:

Thank you!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Some clarifications:

This is extremely good news.
    It's definitely an N-word.

The people of the land rejoiced.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Since the XP Ransack and Saga features came out in Update 19, we’ve continued to examine ways to improve our XP systems.

We took a hard look at DDO’s epic dungeons – why were some dungeons giving out less XP than we want, and others more? We’ve discovered an unintended constant in the XP formula that prevented longer quest XP from scaling up as much as desired over shorter quest XP. We removed this constant, and scaled up the quest length multiplier. So starting with Update 20, longer epic quests will be worth more XP and shorter quests will be worth less. For comparison, this is more in line with how heroic quests have always scaled their XP between shorter and longer quests.

The next issue we’ve been working on is the ability to change the base XP reward of a live dungeon without side effects. Only recently have we been able to change base XP without altering the amount of favor that players have already earned. We’ve also crossed the hurdle of being able to do it without breaking the formulas for increasing XP with higher difficulties, or with playing in Epic mode. This issue is what had prevented us from being able to address certain dungeons that were worth too little XP, as well as too much XP in a few cases. But now we’ve solved all these problems, and the first batch of dungeon base XP changes will be released in Update 20.
    You’ll be able to preview this on Lamannia within the next week or two.
    • 4 dungeons will have their XP decreased. These might not necessarily correspond to the high XP/min dungeons that many players run. Our intent is not to punish players who have the skill to defeat a difficult dungeon in a relatively short time - as long as no exploits are involved. Rather, these dungeons were chosen because they are a very large spike of XP compared to other dungeons of the same difficulty, standard play length, and CR.
    o Desecrated Temple of Vol
    o Mining for Ancient Secrets
    o Reclaiming Memories
    o The Deadly Package: Agent of the Darguul

•We are setting aside time before Update 20 releases for further tuning of XP numbers. So please take a look once this Lamannia build goes up, and give us any thoughts, concerns, or praise you may have!

- PurpleFooz – Lead Designer
    Re-examining various quest XP is long over due, good to see you are finally addressing it as there are too many quests with pitiful XP, especially on higher difficulties.

Reducing XP on quests.. not needed.. Desecrated Temple of Vol... reducing the XP here would likely kill any replayability of it.
    Well geared vetern players/TR's generally get through this quickly due to experience and ability to separate and conquer, regroup and finish.

In my experience, any stay together groups will take substantially longer and as a result any XP reduction of this would change this from a fun to run xp quest to a...run once for favor and never go back quest..

Once for favor quests are a terrible thing to see in any game ...
    do you really want people not running quests more than once because the xp sucks and there is no other reason to run the quest more than once for favor or flagging..

I would think you would want to get maximum milage out of every quest and adventure that the designers put so much work into creating.

~Keep the replayability alive~
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Default Shenanigans!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    We took a hard look at DDO’s epic dungeons... So starting with Update 20, longer epic quests will be worth more XP and shorter quests will be worth less.

<snip>

o Acute Delirium
    o Bargain of Blood
    o Bastion of Power
    o Blown to Bits
    o Partycrashers
    o Power Play
    o Schemes of the Enemy
    o Spies in the House
    o Storm the Beaches
    o The Black Loch
    o The Lord of Eyes
    o The Lord of Stone
    o The Tide Turns
    o The Weapons Shipment
    o Undermine
    o Wrath of the Flame
    I call BS!

You talk about Epic quests, yet of the 20 quests you listed (4 decreased, 16 increased) only 5 or 6 (Spies in the House?) even have an Epic button, and none are exclusively Epic. If your point is really to address Epic quest XP as your opening statement claims, why are you predominantly focusing on Heroic dungeons?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Default On second thought

After thinking about this, with all the complaining I have been hearing about unfair advantages lately and using exploits to advantage some players, maybe this isn't a good thing.

Think of all the people who worked on their completionists ... the ones that had to put the FULL amount of time in. I'm not talking about the ones that had tomes of learning, xp stones, or bravery bonuses ... I'm talking about the ones that came before and had zero advantage with exception of maybe paying a decent amount of money in XP pots and too much time on their hands.

I'm surprised there isn't a bit of flack about this as that's a ton of time and money to them. Not that I have one lol .... but still!

Some clarifications:

While I do like the sound of this, my initial understanding was that the total XP (3rd+ life = 4.3mil) was staying the same but simply being redistributed accross the level spectrum. Any chance you'll clarify for us regarding reduction vs redistribution?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast