Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Come on. People can't be falling for this line about XP being tied to Favor so it cannot be adjusted.

Church of the Fury is 12 Favir and has heroic base XP of 1161/2038/2140/2242
    Desert Caravan is 15 Favor and has heroic base XP of 1615/2980/3123/3268
    Reclamation is 15 Favor and has heroic base XP of 1788/3140/3300/3459
    Wrath of Flame is 18 Favor and has heroic base XP of 1345/2321/2401/2480
    Shadow Crypt is 21 Favor and has heroic base XP of 5568/9820/10360/10900
    Lord of Dust is 21 Favor and has heroic base XP of 2940/5100/5300/5500
    Detour is 24 Favor and has a heroic base XP of 2920/5050/5233/5416
    Let Sleeping Dust Lies is 24 Favor and has heroic base XP of 3900/6766/7033/7299
    VOD is 27 Favor and has heroic base XP of 8200/8500/8800

The numbers are all over the place. I just randomly picked some quests. I invite others to just randomly pick some quests for yourselves to see if I'm not making things up. This whole XP is linked to Favor looks like hogwash to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Well, if favor and xp are tied together in a formula, it's beyond my ability to figure it out. Consider the F2P level 12s, in order of least xp to most xp (base amount on Normal):

XP (Favor) Quest
    3669 (6) Diplomatic Impunity
    3879 (5) Framework
    4299 (7) Invaders!
    4636 (6) Eyes of Stone
    5699 (7) A Relic of a Sovereign Past

I'm willing to bet the favor isn't tied to that end number, it's tied to that pesky constant that they couldn't change. Which is also why epic favor is the same as heroic favor.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    So you just redo one quest and you are flagged again?
    Yep.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    You want my feedback? Here it is, 30-40 lives worth of zerging. I own every pack, mostly from TP that was earned while TRing, and have played nearly every quest in almost every way possible, usually going for max xp/min. Solo elite bravery up to cap, in channel groups, guild group, pugs, with a backpack full of soulstones, as an arcane, divine, melee, you name it.

It's something that has always bothered me about this game, and it's something I care a lot about as well.

The main problem is that developers have no idea how long people take to complete different quests. The quests that are bad have ALWAYS been bad. In fact, an XP pass has been needed for YEARS and I think most players have just given up on one. Having some kind of formula to create the base xp of a quest based on length (which is often WAY wrong) and level is just-and I apologize for being blunt-stupid. You made the quest, you can't play through it to decide how much XP it should give? Cmon!

XP/MIN is the ONLY thing that matters for a sizeable portion of players. Quest decor, loot, flavor, favor and everything else is secondary. When you are grinding out multiple lives, you go where the fast XP is. Smart zergers take EVERYTHING into account when it comes to xp/min-do I have to run to the quest?, can I box it?, is there a fail condition?, is it soloable?, can I pug it without ripping out my hair?, Do I get monster manual XP out of it? Can I shave off a minute here, a few seconds here, etc, etc...

I find it especially ironic that this new list of quests-to-be-nerfed has a level 14 (meaning TR2s run it at 16 mostly) and 2 level 19 quests. The 16 to 20, and particularly the 18 to 20 grind is pretty awful.

There is a lot more level 17-20 content, but much of it is very, very low XP per minute due to several things:

-HP bloat. Level 18-19 quests have hundreds of thousands of hp that you have to chew through, making them slow.
    -Need to pug/inability to solo. Up to level 15-16, this game is very solo friendly on elite. After vale, not so much. This isn't a good or bad thing-pugging should be encouraged, but it does add to the time spent at these levels. Whether soloing and taking longer to kill stuff or waiting for groups to fill-if they do.
    -Low base XP. Some of these quests are not just long, with high hp mobs...in addition, their base XP is just LOW compared to other content
    -Eveningstar. Even with keys, hall of heroes etc, it's tough finding a group for these.

More content doesn't matter to TRing players if it is terrible xp minute. I think one way the devs justify giving new quests terrible XP is that they are in addition to the old quests, and that it's OK that they just give 500xp/min or something similarly awful. That's not the right logic. If something isn't viable, people won't do it.
    If given a choice, people will go where the xp is: they simply will not run the bad xp content on a regular basis. When you look down at your xp log and you are getting way LESS xp/min at level 18-19 compared to level 3-4 and yet need 10x as MUCH xp, that is when people a) drink an XP pot b) play less c) ignore the packs with bad xp d) quit the game...does more people doing a) really justify the negative effects of b), c) and d)?

Finally, I know that has a developer, you are innately concerned about the MONEY side of things. I get that. You want people to buy XP pots, XP tomes, slayer boosts and the like. If there was no grind and it was easy to TR, there is less incentive to buy those (basically) store items. This is not the right way to look at it. Hardcore TRs will ALWAYS buy a tome, once you have tasted tome XP there is no going back to before. Similarly, I don't think it would effect XP pot sales that much.
    Certainly having a healthier TR and pug scene is a bigger benefit than less people TRing and pugging but chugging an extra pot or two. Don't be afraid to change the status quo.
    Also, the faster players "run the lap" of the lives, the more they buy hearts of wood-and the more they stay motivated to keep playing. There is the risk of them getting their lives done faster, but there is less burnout...and that is something that should be top priority for turbine. BURNOUT=LOSS OF PROFITS
    Also, there are many people out there that WOULD TR (aka buy hearts of wood and XP pots), but have heard that the grind of levels 17-19 are too much. Keep that it mind.

Here's a not-so-quick breakdown of all the heroic quests.

IQ2 DOES NOT NEED A NERF! Reclaiming memories is AVERAGE XP-less than vale and less than RR. The monkey quest is GOOD xp but nothing amazing. ARE YOU REALLY NERFING LEVEL 19 quest XP???? We need 500k+ at this level, changing the base XP of these quests from 4.5k to 3.5k is quite faceslappy It doesn't matter if you added stormhorns/eveningstar/cannith quests when they are miserable XP, too...
    STORMHORNS Painful hp bloat. Not particularly difficult, just take time. Some of them are in the (sadly familiar) range of ~3.5-4.5k base xp. I'm not sure who decided that was fair, or balanced. The glacier ones are all right.
    THE RIDDLE/MURDER BY NIGHT Both ~4k base XP iirc. HP bloat in full effect here.
    CANNITH Glad to see some of these on the list. Fighting non-neg levelable warforged with several thousand XP takes a long time if solo, and even in a good group these quests are fairly difficult.
    MA and LOB need to give INSANE XP at level for heroic characters. If you organize and complete an elite MA or LOB *AT LEVEL* that is amazing, and probably spent a few hours doing it. A full level 19 rank is hardly too much to ask for IMO. That would be 100k or so xp...so make these each ~20-25k base xp. Hell, make 'em 30k...People might actually run the content you make...gasp!

That's all...for now.

Till we meet again, developers.

-Mech
    Listen to this guy dev's, he seems to know what people want and need(and sais it way better then i could XD), i even dare to say it: he seems to know the game better then you guys.

Could we, please, get the real reason why these are going to be nerfed?

Rather, these dungeons were chosen because they are a very large spike of XP compared to other dungeons of the same difficulty, standard play length, and CR.
    o Desecrated Temple of Vol
    o Mining for Ancient Secrets
    o Reclaiming Memories
    have you thought about removing the stupid amount of hp on these lv 17-19 quests? to compensate for the exp loss?
    Have you guys thought about lowering the exp requirements of 3+ tr's before anouncing something something like this?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default TR XP Should be Based on Build Points!

Having just capped my first 36 point character, I have to honestly say it was NOT enjoyable having to grind so much and I'll never do it again. The time required was just too high. Over 1 million XP for the last 2 levels is crazy!!!

In my opinion, if we are all happy with the XP required for a first life toon we should increase the 34 and 36 point builds on a percentage basis so that you are required to earn the same number of XP per build point as first life.

So -

First life xp (28 point build) = 1,900,000

Therefore

2nd life xp (34 point build) = 2,307,143

This is calculated by:

34-28 = 6

6/28 = 21.43% more XP required

1,900,000 x (1+ .2143) = 2,307,143

You would use the same process for 3rd life.

36-28 = 8

8/28 = 28.57% more XP required

1,900,000 x (1+ .2857) = 2,442,857

So in the end the XP requirements would be -

First life - 1,900,000

2nd life - 2,307,143

3rd life and after - 2,442,857

This would require the player to put in a fair amount of XP compared to the amount of extra build points they are receiving. It would require a little extra work on the players part for later lives but not so much that leveling is a huge grind.
    I guess an argument could be made that you should have to to achieve additional extra XP since you are given a past life feat as well. Maybe add a flat amount to count for this? Maybe an extra few hundred thousand XP? There's no way I can think of to actually calculate a number to correlate to a past life feat. Plus getting a fair general number is difficult since past lives are very useful to some but useless to others.

Many more people would TR.In any case the TR XP requirements need to be brought down out of the sky. I think at most 3rd life should not be any higher than what 2nd life XP requirements currently are at. Turbine should be aiming to bring people to the new content as soon as possible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Having just capped my first 36 point character, I have to honestly say it was NOT enjoyable having to grind so much and I'll never do it again. The time required was just too high. Over 1 million XP for the last 2 levels is crazy!!!

In my opinion, if we are all happy with the XP required for a first life toon we should increase the 34 and 36 point builds on a percentage basis so that you are required to earn the same number of XP per build point as first life.

So -

First life xp (28 point build) = 1,900,000

Therefore

2nd life xp (34 point build) = 2,307,143

This is calculated by:

34-28 = 6

6/28 = 21.43% more XP required

1,900,000 x (1+ .2143) = 2,307,143

You would use the same process for 3rd life.

36-28 = 8

8/28 = 28.57% more XP required

1,900,000 x (1+ .2857) = 2,442,857

First life - 1,900,000

2nd life - 2,307,143

This would require the player to put in a fair amount of XP compared to the amount of extra build points they are receiving. It would require a little extra work on the players part for later lives but not so much that leveling is a huge grind.
    I guess an argument could be made that you should have to to achieve additional extra XP since you are given a past life feat as well. Maybe add a flat amount to count for this? Maybe an extra few hundred thousand XP? There's no way I can think of to actually calculate a number to correlate to a past life feat. Plus getting a fair general number is difficult since past lives are very useful to some but useless to others.

Many more people would TR.In any case the TR XP requirements need to be brought down out of the sky. I think at most 3rd life should not be any higher than what 2nd life XP requirements currently are at. Turbine should be aiming to bring people to the new content as soon as possible anyway.
    I agree in general with your post, but think your xp is a bit low. The 3,139,250 for a 2nd life isn't bad, especially with all the content they have out right now. By the time you cap that character, its a bit of a grind, but again not bad. That number should be the 3rd life TR total. It's over 1 million more xp than a first life. I'm actaully more in favor of getting rid of the 2nd life TR xp and just having "TR" xp. Simple and Easy. 1,900,000 for a first life, 3,139,250 for a TR. Easy. Done. And is a heck of a lot faster than the 4.4 million currently needed for a 3rd life.

If this was to happen, I would see a lot more people TR. Heck I would TR constantly, instead of when I'm bored. I'm sure a lot of other folk are in the same boat as me.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

I'd like to see 2 million for first life, 2.75 million for second and 3.5 million for legend builds.

I really am not happy that:
    - Turbine doesn't know how zergers play,
    - Turbine is blind that casters are OP,
    - Turbine is ignorant that AI is silly in the game,
    - Power creep ruined many epic crafted items,
    - Turbine is ignoring THE pile of bug reports.

For the inventive bent your quests give compared to other games, you should really start over or invest heavily into man-power to iron many things out. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    I agree in general with your post, but think your xp is a bit low. The 3,139,250 for a 2nd life isn't bad, especially with all the content they have out right now. By the time you cap that character, its a bit of a grind, but again not bad. That number should be the 3rd life TR total. It's over 1 million more xp than a first life. I'm actaully more in favor of getting rid of the 2nd life TR xp and just having "TR" xp. Simple and Easy. 1,900,000 for a first life, 3,139,250 for a TR. Easy. Done. And is a heck of a lot faster than the 4.4 million currently needed for a 3rd life.

If this was to happen, I would see a lot more people TR. Heck I would TR constantly, instead of when I'm bored. I'm sure a lot of other folk are in the same boat as me.
    I have a 2nd life character that I just started on. Been playing 3+ life people. I accidentally leveled past so much stuff on that 2nd life. No Shadow Crypt. No Bloody Crypt. It's insane.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I'd be fine with that. And like I said in my prior post, having the 3rd life XP equal to what the 2nd life XP is now would be perfectly fair to me since we have to take into account the past lives as well as the build points.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post

First life - 1,900,000

2nd life - 2,307,143

Actually I think those numbers are far, far too low. Right now I get to 2.4mil in sands or maybe gianthold. I would much prefer them to go through and buff the quests rather than adjusting the TR2 XP curve. The curve is fine, at least till the last 2 levels.

It's really only the last few ranks that are a pain. If it was 4mil flat for TR2s instead of 4,378,500 AND/OR they buffed level 17-19 content by quite a bit, it would be fine. They need TRing to be somewhat grindy to keep players...well, playing. But the trouble is, right now there is a combination of poor xp/min, dying/dead pug scenes, tough soloability, huge amounts of XP needed and no real way to play with "capped" level 25-28 characters. Level 18+ can suck...I've seen players quit the game from it. A few guildies have not been on in months and years and are level 18 still, and they probably will be forever. That's not being dramatic...it's just proof that the system isn't working for some people.

Another solution? I say let level 18 characters that are TR2s enter epic dungeons and wilderness areas-at least the lower level ones, as long as they meet the "within 4 levels" thing. Why not? The typical level 18 TR2 is more "epic" than the typical level 20-23 first lifer, and certainly needs the XP more...I say blur the lines between 18/19/20/21 content more, there's nothing to lose by it. Heck, it encourages players taking level 19 at least, which the current system certainly doesn't do

I honestly think it is shocking that they are talking about NERFING high level XP at all-vol I kinda get (I'd rather they make it harder and keep the same XP!) but those two in IQ2 are kinda confusing choices. The monkey quest is great-but certainly not in the top 10 xp/min quests in the game. It only seems great because it's that or amrath/cannith/eveningstar. Reclaiming memories is not even worth farming. Why nerf it?

Devs: how many TR2 lives have you ran? How many have you pugged? How many times have you ran elite bravery streaks up to cap doing every quest in the game?

How many have been XP pot free, XP tome free? People will buy those items regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Count me as somewhat surprised about DToV. It's not even the best XP/min in its pack at its level - the amount of ground you need to cover and the priests appearing behind gates often makes it a 6-6.25 min zerg, while GOP is a 3.25-4 min zerg and an outstanding group can do Inferno in 4.75-5.25 min (no side chests, no shrining, splitting up).
    I know this is off topic, but what is the point of running quests so fast? Is there any enjoyment or gratification upon completion?

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'd like to see 2 million for first life, 2.75 million for second and 3.5 million for legend builds.
    I'd be cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I have a 2nd life character that I just started on. Been playing 3+ life people. I accidentally leveled past so much stuff on that 2nd life. No Shadow Crypt. No Bloody Crypt. It's insane.
    2nd lifes are not bad. And yes you can easily skip content you don't like or don't want to play. Hence why I think 2nd life xp is about a good amount for TR'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Actually I think those numbers are far, far too low. Right now I get to 2.4mil in sands or maybe gianthold. I would much prefer them to go through and buff the quests rather than adjusting the TR2 XP curve. The curve is fine, at least till the last 2 levels.

It's really only the last few ranks that are a pain. If it was 4mil flat for TR2s instead of 4,378,500 AND/OR they buffed level 17-19 content by quite a bit, it would be fine. They need TRing to be somewhat grindy to keep players...well, playing. But the trouble is, right now there is a combination of poor xp/min, dying/dead pug scenes, tough soloability, huge amounts of XP needed and no real way to play with "capped" level 25-28 characters. Level 18+ can suck...I've seen players quit the game from it. A few guildies have not been on in months and years and are level 18 still, and they probably will be forever. That's not being dramatic...it's just proof that the system isn't working for some people.

Another solution? I say let level 18 characters that are TR2s enter epic dungeons and wilderness areas-at least the lower level ones, as long as they meet the "within 4 levels" thing. Why not? The typical level 18 TR2 is more "epic" than the typical level 20-23 first lifer, and certainly needs the XP more...I say blur the lines between 18/19/20/21 content more, there's nothing to lose by it. Heck, it encourages players taking level 19 at least, which the current system certainly doesn't do

I honestly think it is shocking that they are talking about NERFING high level XP at all-vol I kinda get (I'd rather they make it harder and keep the same XP!) but those two in IQ2 are kinda confusing choices. The monkey quest is great-but certainly not in the top 10 xp/min quests in the game. It only seems great because it's that or amrath/cannith/eveningstar. Reclaiming memories is not even worth farming. Why nerf it?

Devs: how many TR2 lives have you ran? How many have you pugged? How many times have you ran elite bravery streaks up to cap doing every quest in the game?

How many have been XP pot free, XP tome free? People will buy those items regardless.
    I think the XP curve is fine really its the quests XP that is lacking.

I cap my legend lives in Vale and Reavers for a reason.

and that reason is the XP elsewhere in not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I know this is off topic, but what is the point of running quests so fast? Is there any enjoyment or gratification upon completion?
    Probably not. But because TR2+ xp is so annoying, especially at the higher levels and people are planning on doing so many lives, they just want to get through it as fast as they can. They are not "playing" content, simply using it.

With less xp on TR2+, there would be less need to zerg, people would feel/see progress in their characters and actually enjoy what they are doing. TR'ing to me, has always just felt like work.

And I'm not saying the current xp totals are impossible, I've done my share of 3rd life + TR's. I just don't find it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    It's just a different playstyle, and one that is difficult to explain to less hardcore players (I don't mean that as anything good or bad, just different!).

Zergers are always optimizing, wondering how to get a quest done as quickly and efficiently as possible. I splash 2 levels for 50% sprint boost, and it's barb whenever I can. Speed is king. Ripping through content like a hot knife through kobold butter is savagely satisfying.

And yes, there is certainly enjoyment and gratification on completion...I enjoy a good zerg much more than a slow slog. I have a go-go-go mentality both in real life and ingame. I value my time highly and questing at as high-xp/min as possible is a big part of that.

When everything "clicks"-no need for discussion, no deaths, no one forgets a lever or anything, everyone does their tasks as quickly and perfectly as possible...it's a truly beautiful thing, and for me it's the purest thing DDO has to offer. It doesn't happen often, but for many people, it's what they strive for when questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    I think the XP curve is fine really its the quests XP that is lacking.
    This. The XP in most high level content sucks.

That is the problem.

Fix that.

No need to reinvent the wheel yet again for no reason.

2nd lifes are not bad. And yes you can easily skip content you don't like or don't want to play. Hence why I think 2nd life xp is about a good amount for TR'ing.
    I enjoy those, just leapfrogged past them unintentionally.

Probably not. But because TR2+ xp is so annoying, especially at the higher levels and people are planning on doing so many lives, they just want to get through it as fast as they can. They are not "playing" content, simply using it.

With less xp on TR2+, there would be less need to zerg, people would feel/see progress in their characters and actually enjoy what they are doing. TR'ing to me, has always just felt like work.

And I'm not saying the current xp totals are impossible, I've done my share of 3rd life + TR's. I just don't find it fun.
    The total isn't the issue. I'd be ok with them keeping the total but lessening the late-level increase and spreading it out a bit - or boosting the XP of quests at the higher levels (15+)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

/signed! These little quests are kinda fun, and don't need to be worth more than 1/2/3 favor, but something would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    On a related note, is there any chance of adding favor for the additional Threnal quests that currently don't appear in the Compendium and currently don't grant any favor?

• The Giant Lieutenants
    • The Giants' Lair
    • The Giants' Supplies
    • The Threnal Arena

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default Increase Raid XP

As was mentioned in this thread several pages ago, I really think it's an excellent idea to boost raid XP. It would kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

This would both encourage raiding/grouping in the game again and give TR vets the XP they want. It's a win-win.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast