Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: This Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    we don't need them. people are using them as a crutch and an extra "weapon" in their arsenal at 0 cost other than already being an epic level player that has access to twists. its quite the advantage in quests. i say if they continue, mobs should be allowed to use their equivalent epic twists as well.
    They can give them to the mobs for all I care, I just like not having to listen to the guy that wants a fighter pl scream HJEAL ME. The healing options are great, they're lower powered than heal/reconstruct (though for less sp) They're lower powered than a heal scroll to be honest, but they add options for melee healing besides solo with hire or drag a group down in heroic levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    They can give them to the mobs for all I care, I just like not having to listen to the guy that wants a fighter pl scream HJEAL ME. The healing options are great, they're lower powered than heal/reconstruct (though for less sp) They're lower powered than a heal scroll to be honest, but they add options for melee healing besides solo with hire or drag a group down in heroic levels.

But those exploiters ruined his "Storehouse Secret" elite run yesterday!

you are attempting justification or a compromise of sorts based on some inexperienced player skill and the lack of heal options for non umd/low umd builds in your opinion. i don't share the same opinion. i don't have the same kind of issues with keeping myself alive and learned to play with experience and with what the game offers. before this whole ED mess, i posted many times how long it had been since i was in a failed pug group. it had been months. to this day, even with the EDs, its the same thing except now those zerg runs go much faster and the play style is mob round up, kill, cocoon and move on. i say to you again the issue that you are expressing is game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    In upper levels (say, 12-20), you can just instant kill (slay living/destruction/circle of death/finger of death/etc) or blade barrier or DBF spam pretty much everything. Why you'd bother with a high-cooldown or charge-limited ability that didn't even kill mobs dead is beyond me.
    that's if you are a caster type. i know the popular builds are caster blue bars, but there are still some that play melees.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    You have a severe complaining issue. Aren't you the person who went on a tirade about Hound of Xoriat last year? What's next, someone is abusing "Information is Key" with these twists, and it's ruining your endgame experience?
    i have a severe complaining issue because i don't want a bug used in heroics that is meant for epics? where are you from? Exploiterville?

you are attempting justification or a compromise of sorts based on some inexperienced player skill and the lack of heal options for non umd/low umd builds in your opinion. i don't share the same opinion. i don't have the same kind of issues with keeping myself alive and learned to play with experience and with what the game offers. before this whole ED mess, i posted many times how long it had been since i was in a failed pug group. it had been months. to this day, even with the EDs, its the same thing except now those zerg runs go much faster and the play style is mob round up, kill, cocoon and move on. i say to you again the issue that you are expressing is game mechanics.
    Bolded the important part.

It sounds like you think this is a bad thing. I think it's a good thing.

Bolded the important part.

It sounds like you think this is a bad thing. I think it's a good thing.
    with the aid of epic twists mind you. different story when things are on a more level playing field. like i said, a crutch.

with the aid of epic twists mind you. different story when things are on a more level playing field. like i said, a crutch.
    It lets poor players keep up with zerging good players and not be a drain and cause nerf x threads or x was mean to me threads.

Well he could do something like 12 fighter 8 cleric? Or 10 fighter 8 cleric, 2 rogue/arti?? Just cause you want that fighter past life feat doesn't mean you have to have no self healing outside of pots. People making a huge deal about cocoon too lol, i will just do splashes like that, and of course make sure I got some umd for scrolls, have SF pots stored and stuff like that.

A lot of the people who have access to the twists also have access to the alternatives if they want to bother to use them. And a lot of them already face stomp the content without it.

I can understand the annoyance at the earlier levels 1-8 12? at the most, those summons are silly lol, but meh, if people dont like they should just say hey while we are grouped can you not use X, and the people using should respect that cause it has been stated as not WAI then after the quest they can go their different ways if they want.

If they don't comply with the request then I guess the complainer has a right to report lol.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-09-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Well he could do something like 12 fighter 8 cleric? Or 10 fighter 8 cleric, 2 rogue/arti?? Just cause you want that fighter past life feat doesn't mean you have to have no self healing outside of pots. People making a huge deal about cocoon too lol, i will just do splashes like that, and of course make sure I got some umd for scrolls, have SF pots stored and stuff like that.
    That means you're a good player, I want twists kept around for the bad players that need them. They can run a first life that can self heal up to cap and get cocoon etc, twist it in and have it when they do a x life that has no self healing and that they won't multi for some obscure rp reason that makes sense to their basement dwelling head.

It lets poor players keep up with zerging good players and not be a drain and cause nerf x threads or x was mean to me threads.
    and they learn so much following TRs and than people complain because people don't know how to play. i know there are some who like to be carried in groups and this just adds to the decline in player skill that has been going on for a long time. seeing another experienced player in a group that actually knows how to play is not very common for me to see and i do pug a lot. im not talking some inexperienced player that is still learning the basics either.

That means you're a good player, I want twists kept around for the bad players that need them. They can run a first life that can self heal up to cap and get cocoon etc, twist it in and have it when they do a x life that has no self healing and that they won't multi for some obscure rp reason that makes sense to their basement dwelling head.
    Im not a good player I just don't like playing a toon that feels like its going to die at the drop of a hat unless its attached with an umbilical cord to another player.

Im not a good player I just don't like playing a toon that feels like its going to die at the drop of a hat unless its attached with an umbilical cord to another player.
    To me that's one of the starting points of a good player.

A lot of the people who have access to the twists also have access to the alternatives if they want to bother to use them. And a lot of them already face stomp the content without it.

I can understand the annoyance at the earlier levels 1-8 12? at the most, those summons are silly lol, but meh, if people dont like they should just say hey while we are grouped can you not use X, and the people using should respect that cause it has been stated as not WAI then after the quest they can go their different ways if they want.

If they don't comply with the request then I guess the complainer has a right to report lol.
    most groups i join use EDs. its not very common to find a group that doesn't use them regardless if its level 5 or 15. ive seen many times arguing in groups and snarky people because someone asked not to use them, but continued to use them. i would think there would be more respectful people out there putting loot up for roll and helping flag someone for a raid even though they already ran the quests on elite, but to ask them to not use EDs and its like asking them to pull their tooth out.

most groups i join use EDs. its not very common to find a group that doesn't use them regardless if its level 5 or 15. ive seen many times arguing in groups and snarky people because someone asked not to use them, but continued to use them. i would think there would be more respectful people out there putting loot up for roll and helping flag someone for a raid even though they already ran the quests on elite, but to ask them to not use EDs and its like asking them to pull their tooth out.
    Which means you're in the minority it sounds like with this argument.

Which means you're in the minority it sounds like with this argument.
    i do think so. i was also in the minority during the last exploit too. bugs/exploits like these would be reversed if Turbine would get on the ball quicker and fix things than threads like these wouldn't really exist and Cordovan and Tolero would have less moderating.

Sucks for you . I wouldn't say that people using the twists that I can see are in the majority of the players ive run across lately, during this TR, I do see it time to time, its more on the 1/2 to 1/3 of the pugs ive run across. Ive yet to see someone complain or ask the others not to use them yet. But thats only my *limited* experience so far.

Would it bother you if some guy was going to die, but he hit cocoon to save the -10%, where do you personally draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    You know...it totally may have been your dwarf.

Well done!
    Woo, my ego is bigger! ...even if I'm not sure it was my dwarf monk.

Community Member

that's if you are a caster type. i know the popular builds are caster blue bars, but there are still some that play melees.
    Right, and in heroic levels those melees are kind of terrible. If these twists make melees almost as good as casters, then the best groups don't improve at all, but the worst groups improve a lot. Making players better without raising the bar for what good players can do seems like a good outcome, no? The only people completing quests faster are the ones who chose to play otherwise slow/suboptimal characters.

In other words, it's refreshing not to hear players complain for caster nerfs.

Also, half the epic summons are worse than the Crystal Cove air elemental gems, and no one ever seemed to mind when I used those.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Actually, "that acid thing" is called Energy Burst and it scales based on character level and spellpower. Primal Scream is based solely on your Sonic spellpower so it loses most of its effectiveness at high levels unless you spec heavily into sonic. Even then...

At level 1, Energy Burst does around 100 damage. Still enough to one-shot anything at that level, but hardly enough to call it "overpowered." It's very much in-line with what Casters are capable of doing. I actually think that out of all the ED twists people use, Energy Burst is one of the most balanced.
    Primal scream averages 315 damage with no spell power boost. Good for instakill to around level 10.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast