Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Exploit

Default This Exploit

No, not the rumored Duping. I really hope the Devs are looking into correcting and taking action against people that are using the exploit that allows TRed toons to use Epic Destiny powers at level 1-20. I have run into a number of people using this exploit...it is cheating, no less and should be handled swiftly. I know a lot of people (cheaters) get really defensive about their using this cheat. I know it doesn't have the destabilizing impact of Duping, but this should be addressed even if it is only a 24 hour ban...something should be done to these cheaters...and please fix the exploit

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandall View Post
    No, not the rumored Duping. I really hope the Devs are looking into correcting and taking action against people that are using the exploit that allows TRed toons to use Epic Destiny powers at level 1-20. I have run into a number of people using this exploit...it is cheating, no less and should be handled swiftly. I know a lot of people (cheaters) get really defensive about their using this cheat. I know it doesn't have the destabilizing impact of Duping, but this should be addressed even if it is only a 24 hour ban...something should be done to these cheaters...and please fix the exploit
    The exploit should be fixed immediately, and every second it isn't is just ridiculous and lazy on Turbine's part. That being said, no bans should be handed out. They're actually using the destinies exactly how they're described.

technically its W.A.P. (working as programmed)

last i heard it was not an issue since u have to do ALOT of work to use the option.

does a toon that is on its 5+th life need to be nerfed since a 1st life toon cant keep up.

i had alrdy gotten to completionist when i found out, so i never got to use it. with or with out it u can still solo/duo/trio quests.

treat ur toon like you would a car, dont expect to have the same kinda of fun in a used rental car as someone with money/time dropped into their car. keep to the freeways for ur fast fun, leave the speed strips to the dedicated
    Last edited by kerupted; 10-08-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Officer of STORM LORDS

KREYLIA/TRAPSIN/DEZINIGOMOH/FREEHEALER/SMECKZY/IMDEADLY

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kerupted View Post

last i heard it was not an issue since u have to do ALOT of work to use the option.

does a toon that is on its 5+th life need to be nerfed since a 1st life toon cant keep up.

i had alrdy gotten to completionist when i found out, so i never got to use it. with or with out it u can still solo/duo/trio quests.
    LOL, all exploits are working as programmed.

I am about 2 weeks out of my 2nd completionist so keeping up is not an issue. What is an issue is that a 2nd life toon is using an exploit and an inferior class and build and is keeping up...due to the use of an exploit...and to those that say it is WAI pls provide proof...a link to a dev post should suffice

Community Member

I am about 2 weeks out of my 2nd completionist so keeping up is not an issue. What is an issue is that a 2nd life toon is using an exploit and an inferior class and build and is keeping up...due to the use of an exploit...and to those that say it is WAI pls provide proof...a link to a dev post should suffice
    I'm not saying it's working as intended. I'm saying it's working as described. Most players avoid the forums and all nonsense contained within, so wouldn't know it's not WAI. Anyone simply reading the definition of twists given in-game, and then seeing that they work in heroics, has no reason to think that using them is exploiting. So no bans should be issued.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Oh snap. I had to read back further. Apologies.

The comment was in reference to the ED heroic cheat.

Yes, valid point.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 10-08-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    LOL, all exploits are working as programmed.

On a serious note, ED usage needs to be fixed but it's not game breaking so...next post.

I don't have the link, but it's been stated to be not WAI and will undoubtedly be fixed eventually. It'll be funny to watch bad players who were leaning on heroic twist crutches suddenly be unable to do anything.

However, I don't think banning is necessary - the ED issue, unlike the item duplication one, will provide no lasting benefits once the issue itself is resolved.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

i clearly said WAP not WAI im sure if they seen it as an exploit it wud have been handled like 6 months ago, or wehenever, when it was found. also, if u have a 2nd completionist almost, that doesnt mean a 1st lifer took there time to cap all destinies at 1,980,000 exp before they started a tr train. if u dont like it then dont use it. u shud ban players who like to solo quests instead of pugging for those ppl who just pike/die/cry when they dont know whats going on.
    had a player b4 complaining about the LFM's not having enuff options for his lvl due to the otto boxes, we shud ban any1 using those cuz pugs lvl8-15 cant die in another players quest.
    Officer of STORM LORDS

KREYLIA/TRAPSIN/DEZINIGOMOH/FREEHEALER/SMECKZY/IMDEADLY

Community Member

I thought I read some were that when the new stuff comes out with the Epic Tr stuff that this was going to be part of it using ED's you earned from past lives in heroic content. If that is the case then maybe it just got put in early and they have not bothered to fix it since it will be a part of the game soon anyway. I looked for it again but could not find it so not 100% sure that is what it said. Maybe someone who read it more closely will post.

Community Member

i clearly said WAP not WAI im sure if they seen it as an exploit it wud have been handled like 6 months ago, or wehenever, when it was found. also, if u have a 2nd completionist almost, that doesnt mean a 1st lifer took there time to cap all destinies at 1,980,000 exp before they started a tr train. if u dont like it then dont use it. u shud ban players who like to solo quests instead of pugging for those ppl who just pike/die/cry when they dont know whats going on.
    had a player b4 complaining about the LFM's not having enuff options for his lvl due to the otto boxes, we shud ban any1 using those cuz pugs lvl8-15 cant die in another players quest.
    It's been confirmed on the forums that this is an exploit. So for conversations from us about fixing it, we should assume it's an exploit. People using it in-game have no reason to know it's an exploit.

Community Member

From what I understand of this (which admittedly is not everything) it sounds like it's possible to discover this bug while acting in good faith and assume mistakenly that it's just the way things are meant to work. Given the relative secrecy around the issue of exploits, it's not widely publicised in any form that it's not desired behaviour, because it's not widely publicised, period. Banning people for using this would therefore seem like an over-reaction to me.

What they should do, however, is fix it! Whether people are using it mistakenly or deliberately, it's not conducive to a good play experience - the twist abilities are just too strong.

Relax.. they have Epic TR planned, they will fix it then, there is no point to delay time and effort to fix it now, when the fix is most likely done, but with a new system to work with.

Till then, we have a date when this feature will cease to happen. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    What they should do, however, is fix it! Whether people are using it mistakenly or deliberately, it's not conducive to a good play experience - the twist abilities are just too strong.
    This is the problem and why many can't take anyone that gets so upset about this exploit seriously. It's not too strong compared to any caster. Twists are weak compared to any caster in heroic content.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    This is the problem and why many can't take anyone that gets so upset about this exploit seriously. It's not too strong compared to any caster. Twists are weak compared to any caster in heroic content.
    It's too strong because it's a free extra. It's an intruder that doesn't belong. If a sorcerer decides to vapourise a group of mobs with a max-emp nuke then he's fulfilling his potential as the burst damage artillery man, which is cool both for him and for his team-mates... if a sustain-damage ranger is doing the same thing every X seconds because of some twist or other then that takes the shine off of having burst power via legitimate means (which he might perfectly well have, eg, Manyshot). Similarly, I'd hope a good cleric can keep a group up as well or better than a Healing Spring, but the difference is that when the cleric is doing it, he's playing his role (or at least, one of his possible roles) while as when the twist is doing it, this artificial extra is taking away that role from a real player. I play heroic content with an expectation of success, and I'm sure most others do as well - the problem isn't that twists can outperform good players, it's that they rob players of the opportunity or need to perform legitimately, whether they're casters or melee. Melee characters can be extremely powerful too.

Anyways, the fact that it's sometimes subtle and sometimes done in good faith isn't necessarily something that diminishes the significance of the issue, because it makes it all the more insidious. It's widespread, it creeps into pick-up-groups. People may very well react strongly because they feel like it's tainting their experience for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I'm not saying it's working as intended. I'm saying it's working as described. Most players avoid the forums and all nonsense contained within, so wouldn't know it's not WAI. Anyone simply reading the definition of twists given in-game, and then seeing that they work in heroics, has no reason to think that using them is exploiting. So no bans should be issued.
    I dont subscribe to the mentality of "if no one literally told me its an exploit then I will interpret the rule as written literally as much as it benefits me and ignore all semantics which say otherwise."

Its not hard to figure out that abilities are not WAI before level 20 when you must reach 20 to gain them, after talking to an NPC who will only give you access to EDs if you are over level 20, then actually have to finagle the system to make it work in heroic. So no, it doesnt just work as described right off the bat if someone has to do some stuff in a specific order to make it work in heroic.

Its clearly not WAI, was always clearly not WAI, and anyone who attempts to rules lawyer otherwise by saying "the description didnt say I couldnt do it so I did" after being caught red handed deserves their enforced vacation. If Turbine enforced the rules simply on principle, 99.9% of this conjecture that something is WAI until we are told otherwise would disappear.
    Last edited by Chai; 10-08-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I dont subscribe to the mentality of "if no one literally told me its an exploit then I will interpret the rule as written literally as much as it benefits me and ignore all semantics which say otherwise."

Its not hard to figure out that abilities are not WAI before level 20 when you must reach 20 to gain them, after talking to an NPC who will only give you access to EDs if you are over level 20, then actually have to finagle the system to make it work in heroic. So no, it doesnt just work as described right off the bat if someone has to do some stuff in a specific order to make it work in heroic.

Its clearly not WAI, was always clearly not WAI, and anyone who attempts to rules lawyer otherwise by saying "the description didnt say I couldnt do it so I did" after being caught red handed deserves their enforced vacation. If Turbine enforced the rules simply on principle, 99.9% of this conjecture that something is WAI until we are told otherwise would disappear.
    LOL I think u may be banning at least 1/2 the tr's (and I DID say THINK before you ask for facts and figures)

Hero

What better way to market and sell ED's than watching people use them from level one and above? 20 extra levels of people making them look cool? Nothing sells things faster ingame:

"Hey! What was that cool thing you just did?!?"

"It comes from ED's. If you want to use it you should look into buying them at 20! Then once you TR you can use them anywhere! Or at least until Turbine nerfs them back to 20+!"

"Awesome! Thanks!"

Default hycopocrite

i know who your chars are Brandall but for the sake of getting banned from the forms i will not share the names, however you were one of the biggest offenders of that exploit and the LRing to bypass the 7 day waiting period for TR's. So before you go opening your mouth think twice. It is funny though that you wait to post this comment until after your finshed TRing.Maybe when they fix the exploit they can take a retro look at your account (wink) (wink)!!!!!!!! I wonder what they will find????????
    Smash and Grab

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast