Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: This Exploit

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I wont report anyone doing this since there is no point but from now on I am droping out of any group that does it as soon as they do it.
    Good idea, stick to punishing yourself.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchicus View Post
    You can't do that in level 8-14 quests? Does your cleave chain do up to 600 points of damage in one tick AND buff your str/con by 5?
    Using an EPIC DESTINY before you get to EPIC levels is not WAI by definition, no?
    I could if I tried, but by that point it's more cost efficient on a melee to fight in yellow alert, with smaller groups. You know, since melee's don't have quickened heals at those levels, and most are still using pots, or have about 60-80% on heal scrolls.

Actually, my cleaves do 400+ damage on crits, and since I use Haste boost III+Damage Boost III constantly, and Human Power Surge I'm looking at +3Str, +3 Con, +3 dex, and +30% damage.

Either way the mobs are dead, and they die very quickly. As I said before, you're complaining about a few seconds in each encounter in low levels, and by mid levels most twists don't do anything except become party buffs, or self buffs.

Agreed, it's not WAI. But, I see no reason why it shouldn't be. As such I will continue to use it at my discretion whenever and however I see fit.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by ungood View Post
    relax.. They have epic tr planned ...
    looooooooooool
    Proud member of Lotusfly's squelch list!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Agreed, it's not WAI. But, I see no reason why it shouldn't be. As such I will continue to use it at my discretion whenever and however I see fit.
    Not enough for ya to have the Devs tell you it's not WAI? You need a reason? You haven't heard the reasons why, or you just choose to ignore them? Are Exploiterville folks all in favor of the "All Steroid Olympics" too?
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    They have flat out stated that its NOT WAI and it will be fixed sadly they dont go further and stronger with that.
    Frankly, it just isn't worth it to them to go stronger on it. They run into a conflict of principle, so to speak, and have to balance the principle of maintaining in game discipline with the principle of producing a return of investments made with them in good faith that they would. Like most things in life, it's not a simple black and white issue and something the less scrupulous are going to take advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    Not enough for ya to have the Devs tell you it's not WAI? You need a reason? You haven't heard the reasons why, or you just choose to ignore them? Are Exploiterville folks all in favor of the "All Steroid Olympics" too?
    Hate to break it to you but all major athletes dope. There is no non-steroid Olympics.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    While I am not a fan of cheating, but this is rubbish.

Do you want to cast the first stone and say that you have never told a little white lie, never cheated on a homework assignment, cheated on a diet, or done anything wrong in your life?

I’ll come back tomorrow and you can lecture me about how I “cheated” on my diet and how I have no morals because of it.

P.S. If Turbine wants to permaban all the sploiters, by all means do. I am not condoning it at all, but I am sick of seeing all the sin less people posting how people are immoral when they should look in the mirror themselves.
    There is a difference between doing wrong and justifying doing so. Personally, I've likely done all the things you mention, but I know I shouldn't have and don't try to make excuses for, or justify, doing so.

You know after all this is fixed I don't think most of those who use this, or don't mind if people use this are going to group with most of those who complain about it and all be happy families again/they most likely never did in the first place. Even if there are no fireworks during a quest pug after I doubt they are going to group together for another quest right after.

"Don't you want to stay for the rest of the chain"? "Nah sorry I got RL stuff". Logs onto another character............1/2 hour later switches back and runs the rest of the chain solo or in another party.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grynberg View Post
    Just remember that we're all humans and whenever there is even a mild competition going on, you can expect people to find shortcuts, ways to beat the system, be clever etc.
    Only amongst those who aren't confident enough they can win without doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    10 people enter a competition 9 cheat the one that doesn't finishes last. That last one is a fool and lost the competition because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    10 people enter a competition 9 cheat the one that doesn't finishes last. That last one is a fool and lost the competition because of it.
    Depends on the situation, it might turn out that the guy who didn't cheat is the one who got the most out of the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    If your talking about this game well........most of those who went through the trouble to get twists, are going to have the resources and opportunity to make characters that are going to be perfectly fine in heroic content without twists. Most of heroic content is not rocket science, and meta gaming gaming takes away much of the threat of failure.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-10-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Depends on the situation, it might turn out that the guy who didn't cheat is the one who got the most out of the competition?
    Personally I can't think of a situation where the loser gains anything. If you can I'm all ears.

Personally I can't think of a situation where the loser gains anything. If you can I'm all ears.
    Are we talking about RL or this game?

Well say this competition is not the final, or even the knock out stages, the other 9 cheat, but as they get close to knockout stages the authorities catch on to the cheat and they remove it from the competition that guy who was coming last is now edging out the other 9 because hes ajusted his game to do without the cheat those other guys now have to get use to playing without it, but its too late by the time they do that guy coming last has won it.

2nd they get caught and their credibility and all their achievements are now null and void.

Or if its training and education, they cheat to pass, they get a position or move on to further study they get in a situation where their cheating is no use to them, they then fail, and show a lack of knowledge/expertise that they should have at that point, they lose face, and sometimes hurt other people who where counting on them.

If its sports same thing, their crutch gets taken away...........now they suck without it......even if they don't get caught, and they are naturally talented but for some reason can no longer keep using their cheat/drug whatever, they fall behind everyone else because they have to re-adjust to competing without it.

10 people are having a competition with nothing at stake but having fun, 9 cheat? lol what? for what? one doesn't he has fun he doesn't really care about the outcome much, ! guy wins and hes happy cause well all his cheating paid off, the other 8 are raging cause all this cheating and they didn't win!!!! They get caught, then other people are laughing at them in bemusement why the hell are they cheating over something like this? (some people just can't have *friendly* competition.

He gains victory if all the others are disqualified for getting caught cheating. Not only that, he gains a reputation as an honest player. In case of sports, if he isnt cheating with steroids, he gains a longer life.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Default I use EDs

Anyway, I'm not so much a cheater as we have some jealous people who need to level their EDs.
    If you want to gimp yourself, start a fresh account and play F2P for a week. It's a lot of fun I promise!

(Cocoons his monk and keeps on rolling.)

----

Can someone link the dev saying its a bug? Am having troubles finding it...

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    He gains victory if all the others are disqualified for getting caught cheating. Not only that, he gains a reputation as an honest player. In case of sports, if he isnt cheating with steroids, he gains a longer life.
    Millions of dollars for a shorter lifespan where do I sign up.

Millions of dollars for a shorter lifespan where do I sign up.
    Million dollars for problems getting it up, a greatly increased chance for heartfailure, and a host of other problems, both mental and physical. You REALLY must love money.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Million dollars for problems getting it up, a greatly increased chance for heartfailure, and a host of other problems, both mental and physical. You REALLY must love money.
    yup

Money is a religion, logic goes out the window in a lot of cases . Some sad statistics with suicide and other things for pro sportsmen, not 100% sure if some of that is tied to steroids or other drug use but I would not be surprised.

Though im not surprised at how some might not want to but feel that they must do it, there is a lot at stake, chances for education, and $, to live their dream, everyone else is using and they feel they will be left behind if they don't use it too.

Its sad really.

I think a great portion who use would like to *not* use, if only they felt that everyone else they are competing against is also clean. Not all but I bet quite a few.

I bet it can be a horrible cycle you feel pressured to use cause you don't want to be left behind, then you stress that theres a small chance that you might get caught and everything you sacrificed and worked for might just all vanish one day.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Money is a religion, logic goes out the window in a lot of cases . Some sad statistics with suicide and other things for pro sportsmen, not 100% sure if some of that is tied to steroids or other drug use but I would not be surprised.
    Money is just another name for the oldest religion in the world...power

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast