Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: This Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    some people use gear to boost their EDs. its how they are able to damage a mob to around half hp in the upper levels. i don't see hardly any casters one shotting low level mobs. i don't see melees doing it for that matter either with just regular weapons. either way, i don't care if some people think its overpowered or not. its not intended to be used in heroics and players have been able to do just fine without them.
    Yes we've done just fine without them. However the game is going more and more byoh. Hirelings have the ai of 6 int barbarian tweaking on meth. Twists can add in a way for self healing on classes that it's normally hard to get. More self healing options is good for the game. Twists in heroic should be made wai.

Outside of levels 1-5 ish till casters get fireball the twists can do more damage, however those levels even at a crawl only take a couple hours on a legend life. Past then casters will kill faster, so even the damaging ones don't damage the game, and the healing ones help the game.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

some people use gear to boost their EDs. its how they are able to damage a mob to around half hp in the upper levels. i don't see hardly any casters one shotting low level mobs. i don't see melees doing it for that matter either with just regular weapons. either way, i don't care if some people think its overpowered or not. its not intended to be used in heroics and players have been able to do just fine without them.
    The players on your server clearly are very horrible at this game.

My Str dumped halfling cleric with PA, Cleave, GC and Carnifex 1 shotted mobs with cleave from level 1-6.
    I cleared quests just as fast, or faster than people using ED exploits at those levels with that halfling.(Shorter timers in Cleave/GC than more ED abilities.) My Cha dumped Sorc one shotted mobs from levels 1-6 with spells.

You said it yourself, people were just fine without it. And since it doesn't add that much more power in most cases, just a different way to apply power, does it really matter?

I'd also like to point out, I maxed my sonic power on my Ranger last life at lvl 25 with gear/universal spellpower ED twists and sonic SP from ED's and with Primal Scream the most damage I saw was 2.2K. Given this was at cap with max gear/ED spellpower, and that with no investment it only did 500 or so damage, how it is any more OP that a max/Emp fireball, or Firewall? Even my terribad casters do more damage than that.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yes we've done just fine without them. However the game is going more and more byoh. Hirelings have the ai of 6 int barbarian tweaking on meth. Twists can add in a way for self healing on classes that it's normally hard to get. More self healing options is good for the game. Twists in heroic should be made wai.

Outside of levels 1-5 ish till casters get fireball the twists can do more damage, however those levels even at a crawl only take a couple hours on a legend life. Past then casters will kill faster, so even the damaging ones don't damage the game, and the healing ones help the game.
    What you are talking about is game design. Let's leave EDs in epics where they belong and figure out something better for heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post

My Str dumped halfling cleric with PA, Cleave, GC and Carnifex 1 shotted mobs with cleave from level 1-6.
    I cleared quests just as fast, or faster than people using ED exploits at those levels with that halfling.(Shorter timers in Cleave/GC than more ED abilities.) My Cha dumped Sorc one shotted mobs from levels 1-6 with spells.

You said it yourself, people were just fine without it. And since it doesn't add that much more power in most cases, just a different way to apply power, does it really matter?

I'd also like to point out, I maxed my sonic power on my Ranger last life at lvl 25 with gear/universal spellpower ED twists and sonic SP from ED's and with Primal Scream the most damage I saw was 2.2K. Given this was at cap with max gear/ED spellpower, and that with no investment it only did 500 or so damage, how it is any more OP that a max/Emp fireball, or Firewall? Even my terribad casters do more damage than that.
    On normal maybe, but not elite.

I really think people are oblivious to these ED powers.

Hero

yeah. exactly how I want new players to learn how to play the game.

/sarcasm
    Not saying your implying this, but I never said I thought it was right or it's how I want things to be. But it is a scenario that will happen more and more often as time goes and this is not fixed.

What you are talking about is game design. Let's leave EDs in epics where they belong and figure out something better for heroics.
    Turbine gave real money potions, that's their idea of something better, keeping twists is the best we can hope to get.

Carnifix is ML4, just FYI.

On normal maybe, but not elite.

I really think people are oblivious to these ED powers.
    No, on elite. Mobs at low levels, especially before level 6 have no HP at all. Hell, bosses are sitting at 100-200 HP at those levels. That is literally nothing at all.
    You may not be able to do this, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. It's been possible for a very long time, and it's what a lot of people do.

We're not oblivious, we just don't care; they're not that powerful, and as such are not that big of a deal.
    I stopped using Cocoon on my main this life at my 6th ranger level because I finally got CLW, and it was less SP that cocoon and was just as effective at low levels.
    I have stay frosty twisted because why not? 7% chance to proc 30-40 ice damage is super OP right?
    I still use Momentum swing because when you're not at cap that +[5] just isn't as powerful. It's the difference between a -300 crit(with great cleave) and a -350 crit.

Don't get me wrong though, I cold care less if they "fixed" this, or left it as is because it's such a non-issue. Take it away and I'll still roflstomp all the content that same way I did before. I won't even get mad that I can't use them anymore, but it's just silly that people are making such a huge deal out of this.

The reason most ED's are so powerful is because they are added onto a platform that supports them and boost's their effectiveness. How many times have you heard people complain on these forums how badly it sucks to play in DI, Magister, or whatever on a melee? ED's at heroic levels for the most part aren't anywhere near as powerful as they are at cap because the platform you're using them on isn't made for them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Carnifix is ML4, just FYI.
    I'm aware of that. I use a +1 Greataxe of lacerating from 1-4

Default hmmm

I play only caster lives and I can get ~350-700 damage out of lots of abilities past lvl 6. I don't bother with melee because they don't have aoes which enable zerging---and I have no idea how to play them. =p

AND, I could have this on any first life character.

But energy burst. . .
    It takes 11 fate points to twist. That's 33 levels into your EDs (e.x., Tier 3 in each class). Giving veteran's access to this in heroics is not OP---its a testament to how much they've played. I have seen it on 4-5 players in my past 6 months of heroic play.

Primal scream takes 3, and is comparable until about lvl 9. I have seen it on 20+ players. But what's so bad about it? I'm still going to carry the party through Shadow King.

Players who haven't worked up their fate points yell OP OP---I'm gonna call jealousy haha. It's the same reason my caster builds are called "exploits" Jealousy folks---

Community Member

I don't use them, and I am actually in favor of them being deemed WAI.

Seems like a cool by-product of TRing and leveling ED's.

The effort required to even be able to use this "exploit" is substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    And they aren't that powerful after the first 10 levels, unless you're running hard.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    I don't use them, and I am actually in favor of them being deemed WAI.

Seems like a cool by-product of TRing and leveling ED's.

Prepared to get lynched.

Yup, sad thing is a good caster can destroy content 100x faster than any twister.
    On my artie this life, I've seen a lot of people using ED's. Usually I think "wow, the melee are actually killing stuff. I wonder what ED's they're using."

But, no, with the exception of one monk, none of the melees keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    But, no, with the exception of one monk, none of the melees keep up.
    Are you on Thelanis?

If so, was it a dwarf? /potential ego boost

No, on elite. Mobs at low levels, especially before level 6 have no HP at all. Hell, bosses are sitting at 100-200 HP at those levels. That is literally nothing at all.
    You may not be able to do this, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. It's been possible for a very long time, and it's what a lot of people do.

We're not oblivious, we just don't care; they're not that powerful, and as such are not that big of a deal.
    I stopped using Cocoon on my main this life at my 6th ranger level because I finally got CLW, and it was less SP that cocoon and was just as effective at low levels.
    I have stay frosty twisted because why not? 7% chance to proc 30-40 ice damage is super OP right?
    I still use Momentum swing because when you're not at cap that +[5] just isn't as powerful. It's the difference between a -300 crit(with great cleave) and a -350 crit.

Don't get me wrong though, I cold care less if they "fixed" this, or left it as is because it's such a non-issue. Take it away and I'll still roflstomp all the content that same way I did before. I won't even get mad that I can't use them anymore, but it's just silly that people are making such a huge deal out of this.

The reason most ED's are so powerful is because they are added onto a platform that supports them and boost's their effectiveness. How many times have you heard people complain on these forums how badly it sucks to play in DI, Magister, or whatever on a melee? ED's at heroic levels for the most part aren't anywhere near as powerful as they are at cap because the platform you're using them on isn't made for them yet.
    you realize you are talking to someone who tries everything possible to squeeze out that +1 extra damage. to quote what is commonly said in game "this aint my first rodeo".

EDs are that powerful. i have seen people use them in upper levels hitting mobs for half their hp. if that's not powerful, than please define what it is and we can call Webster and tell them they are wrong.

Turbine gave real money potions, that's their idea of something better, keeping twists is the best we can hope to get.
    we don't need them. people are using them as a crutch and an extra "weapon" in their arsenal at 0 cost other than already being an epic level player that has access to twists. its quite the advantage in quests. i say if they continue, mobs should be allowed to use their equivalent epic twists as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Are you on Thelanis?

If so, was it a dwarf? /potential ego boost
    You know...it totally may have been your dwarf.

Well done!

Community Member

EDs are that powerful. i have seen people use them in upper levels hitting mobs for half their hp. if that's not powerful, than please define what it is and we can call Webster and tell them they are wrong.
    In upper levels (say, 12-20), you can just instant kill (slay living/destruction/circle of death/finger of death/etc) or blade barrier or DBF spam pretty much everything. Why you'd bother with a high-cooldown or charge-limited ability that didn't even kill mobs dead is beyond me.

Community Member

we don't need them. people are using them as a crutch and an extra "weapon" in their arsenal at 0 cost other than already being an epic level player that has access to twists. its quite the advantage in quests. i say if they continue, mobs should be allowed to use their equivalent epic twists as well.
    You have a severe complaining issue. Aren't you the person who went on a tirade about Hound of Xoriat last year? What's next, someone is abusing "Information is Key" with these twists, and it's ruining your endgame experience?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast