Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: This Exploit

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydigger7out View Post
    i know who your chars are Brandall but for the sake of getting banned from the forms i will not share the names, however you were one of the biggest offenders of that exploit and the LRing to bypass the 7 day waiting period for TR's. So before you go opening your mouth think twice. It is funny though that you wait to post this comment until after your finshed TRing.Maybe when they fix the exploit they can take a retro look at your account (wink) (wink)!!!!!!!! I wonder what they will find????????
    Wait! Are you saying that an LR will let me bypass the 7 day waiting period after a TR?

These exploit crabfests are so educational!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Wait! Are you saying that an LR will let me bypass the 7 day waiting period after a TR?

These exploit crabfests are so educational!
    Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Release Notes: Update 19 Patch 2
    Reincarnation
    Reincarnation time stamps that were not getting preserved over reincarnation are now doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    What better way to market and sell ED's than watching people use them from level one and above? 20 extra levels of people making them look cool? Nothing sells things faster ingame:

"Hey! What was that cool thing you just did?!?"

"It comes from ED's. If you want to use it you should look into buying them at 20! Then once you TR you can use them anywhere! Or at least until Turbine nerfs them back to 20+!"

"Awesome! Thanks!"
    yeah. exactly how I want new players to learn how to play the game.

/sarcasm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    [...] It's widespread, it creeps into pick-up-groups. People may very well react strongly because they feel like it's tainting their experience for this reason.
    This is why I don't post LFMs anymore unless the quest absolutely needs 2+ people to pull levers or stand on pressure plates. On my first life character, the last LFM I posted was for the first necro chain on elite and with bravery bonus (so levels 5-7). I forgot to add "no epic abilities" because I'm used to just throwing the LFM up with "elite. bb". I accepted the first five people that applied. Soon into the first quest I saw primal screams, living meteor swarms, cocoons, and some other stuff I wasn't familiar with. I didn't say anything because I consider it my fault for forgetting to put "no epic destiny abilities" in the LFM.

The whole chain was completed and with absolutely no risk or challenge involved. This was also one of the most boring times I had playing this game and I logged off afterwards. Absolutely no risk and no challenge means the game is just a pure xp grind, which isn't fun to me. I don't play just to grind and blaze past the current life using the most efficient xp/min formulas -- I enjoy playing varied quests and having some challenge. The spam of epic destiny abilities at level 7 completely ruined the experience for me. I would have rather had a group of 1-2 gimps or new players, 1-2 average players, and 1-2 good players.

Other LFMs I posted that had the "no epic destiny abilities" attached had about one person per two groups who would still use but would try in a more discreet way. Sometimes it was still obvious, though. One was a pure sword-and-shield bard with an Elyd Edge that zerged (away from the main group) until he picked up yellow alert. Then his marker stops moving on the mini-map and suddenly no more dungeon alert -- so all of the monsters suddenly die around him with none to very little spell points used on his part.

So, my options are
    1) Have a really dull and boring grind when I get a party full of TRs that spam epic destiny abilities
    2) Yell at and fight with people that use epic destiny abilities in my LFMs when I explicitly listed against that
    3) Solo and have a more challenging, fun experience

Back to solo for me.

The real kicker is that this is the first time I rolled a cleric and am actually willing to heal people.

Melees having 5*primal scream per rest?

That's.. what? 5 fireballs that can't crit hit per rest? Yeah, that should be at the top of Turbine to-do list! /sarcasm

ED twists will never be as strong as a caster, they just speed up heroics. If the exploit is fixed, cool. Won't make a difference to me, I don't use them anyway. (Nobody has the decency to tell me how :c)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Melees having 5*primal scream per rest?

That's.. what? 5 fireballs that can't crit hit per rest? Yeah, that should be at the top of Turbine to-do list! /sarcasm

ED twists will never be as strong as a caster, they just speed up heroics. If the exploit is fixed, cool. Won't make a difference to me, I don't use them anyway. (Nobody has the decency to tell me how :c)
    I guess you have never been in a group when EDs like primal scream and that acid thing are going off or just pretending to not know how powerful they really are. even in the upper levels they cause some good damage to mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I guess you have never been in a group when EDs like primal scream and that acid thing are going off or just pretending to not know how powerful they really are. even in the upper levels they cause some good damage to mobs.
    Better than a high dc necro using circle of death, fod, wail, banishment, otilukes, polar ray? Yeah I didn't think so. It just means melee can do something in a heroic when grouped with a half decent caster, or be able to heal themselves without umd or silver flame potions from a past life. I'm sorry I don't see the problem. To the guy that talked about a challenge in necro there is no challenge in that pack, or most of the heroic levels. Hell I've ran necro 1 so drunk I was seeing double and still completed them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    [...] there is no challenge in that pack, or most of the heroic levels. Hell I've ran necro 1 so drunk I was seeing double and still completed them.
    Forum elitism and boasting at its finest.

Continue speaking down at us common folk from your ivory tower perch. Eventually I'll learn my lesson and will just be quiet and won't bother.

AH this thread again ..........lol.

Better than a high dc necro using circle of death, fod, wail, banishment, otilukes, polar ray? Yeah I didn't think so. It just means melee can do something in a heroic when grouped with a half decent caster, or be able to heal themselves without umd or silver flame potions from a past life. I'm sorry I don't see the problem. To the guy that talked about a challenge in necro there is no challenge in that pack, or most of the heroic levels. Hell I've ran necro 1 so drunk I was seeing double and still completed them.
    Try that with 2 or more casters like that in a party heck even 1st 2nd life casters if theres more than one, using PM SLA's as well, while your on a melee I just wish there was a follow command so i could get my toon to follow them while they went through the quest to the end chest , so hard to get to a mob to kill it before it gets instant killed. I guess this ED thing is great since it started we have had less threads started moaning about instant kills, and caster dps in heroic's. Once its *fixed* i wonder when it will start up again?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Try that with 2 or more casters like that in a party heck even 1st 2nd life casters if theres more than one, using PM SLA's as well, while your on a melee I just wish there was a follow command so i could get my toon to follow them while they went through the quest to the end chest , so hard to get to a mob to kill it before it gets instant killed. I guess this ED thing is great since it started we have had less threads started moaning about instant kills, and caster dps in heroic's. Once its *fixed* i wonder when it will start up again?
    Yup, sad thing is a good caster can destroy content 100x faster than any twister.

seen casters twist stuff like this too. besides, not all groups have casters and some solo with it or two man or whatever. casters have the potential to be the top dps in any group, but 3/4 of the time its not the case.

seen casters twist stuff like this too. besides, not all groups have casters and some solo with it or two man or whatever. casters have the potential to be the top dps in any group, but 3/4 of the time its not the case.
    If .75 of casters aren't the top dps in a group, what the heck is that caster doing?

Community Member

If youre bright enough(doesn't take a genius) to perform an exploit over and over again, you are also bright enough to know youre exploiting, even if you lack the moral compass to know its wrong you know exploiting is against the rules and should expect repercussions when caught.

Even my 4 yr old knows better than to do many things that are not allowed despite being fun/rewarding, like drawing on her walls with crayons, I think she learned that at 2 yrs old. Cant the players in this game attempt to be as responsible as a 2 yr old at least? Cause and effect, grow up. Take it like a man (an adult).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    If .75 of casters aren't the top dps in a group, what the heck is that caster doing?
    dying

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    I? Cause and effect, grow up. Take it like a man (an adult).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAy5h13_h08

LOL thats what I thought of when I saw that line.

BE A MAN!!!! DO THE RIGHT THING!!!

Actually, "that acid thing" is called Energy Burst and it scales based on character level and spellpower. Primal Scream is based solely on your Sonic spellpower so it loses most of its effectiveness at high levels unless you spec heavily into sonic. Even then...

At level 1, Energy Burst does around 100 damage. Still enough to one-shot anything at that level, but hardly enough to call it "overpowered." It's very much in-line with what Casters are capable of doing. I actually think that out of all the ED twists people use, Energy Burst is one of the most balanced.

Default It's pretty lame

I've got several low-level characters, and while I like quick completions to get through the TR grind as much as anyone, it's starting to get ridiculous. I used to enjoy running lowbies and teaching newer players the game, but it seems like EVERY SINGLE GROUP I join now has at least one player abusing this, if not more. I kind of feel sorry for new players who get caught up in one of these groups - you barely have time to say "hey guys" before the party leader has finished the quest...

Hope they fix it soon, although I personally don't think it's worth banning over.

I am almost positive it will be fixed with U20.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Actually, "that acid thing" is called Energy Burst and it scales based on character level and spellpower. Primal Scream is based solely on your Sonic spellpower so it loses most of its effectiveness at high levels unless you spec heavily into sonic. Even then...

At level 1, Energy Burst does around 100 damage. Still enough to one-shot anything at that level, but hardly enough to call it "overpowered." It's very much in-line with what Casters are capable of doing. I actually think that out of all the ED twists people use, Energy Burst is one of the most balanced.
    some people use gear to boost their EDs. its how they are able to damage a mob to around half hp in the upper levels. i don't see hardly any casters one shotting low level mobs. i don't see melees doing it for that matter either with just regular weapons. either way, i don't care if some people think its overpowered or not. its not intended to be used in heroics and players have been able to do just fine without them.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast