Default A couple of unrelated questions concerning great cleave and named chest loot

#1. Is great cleave bugged for any other race besides the human female?

#2. When farming for a named item from a rare spawn does your characters level matter? For example, I run a mission with a character that is so high they get 0 xp does that have any influence on looting named items?

I've been searching trying to find the answers but I've either overlooked it or I'm just not searching in the correct places. So any info here is greatly appreciated, thank you.

#2, No, character level does not matter.

Not sure about #1, I never run melees.

Quote Originally Posted by froggi480 View Post
    #1. Is great cleave bugged for any other race besides the human female?
    What's the bug? I've been using Great Cleave on a human female for a while and it seems to be working ok. Then again I don't pay close attention; the great cleave is usually coming right on the heels of plain ol' cleave. Should I be looking for something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rynehawk View Post
    What's the bug? I've been using Great Cleave on a human female for a while and it seems to be working ok. Then again I don't pay close attention; the great cleave is usually coming right on the heels of plain ol' cleave. Should I be looking for something?
    I believe it's something like the animation is so slow that the damage doesn't trigger when it's supposed to. Now that I think of it though it might just be for human female monk/unarmed. I haven't actually used it on a character that uses anything other than handwraps. Does your animation cause your character to jump up and do the splits? It's been awhile since I've tried it again on my monk but I'm pretty sure that's what the animation looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by froggi480 View Post
    I believe it's something like the animation is so slow that the damage doesn't trigger when it's supposed to. Now that I think of it though it might just be for human female monk/unarmed. I haven't actually used it on a character that uses anything other than handwraps. Does your animation cause your character to jump up and do the splits? It's been awhile since I've tried it again on my monk but I'm pretty sure that's what the animation looks like.
    OK. I have seen the issue when unarmed - basically the character 'hops' first, lands, then hops again and the cleave goes off. It's not terribly long, but there is a slight delay there. I don't believe that delay is there when wielding a weapon (I generally run with a quarterstaff).

Quote Originally Posted by Rynehawk View Post
    OK. I have seen the issue when unarmed - basically the character 'hops' first, lands, then hops again and the cleave goes off. It's not terribly long, but there is a slight delay there. I don't believe that delay is there when wielding a weapon (I generally run with a quarterstaff).
    You've been a great help, I've been trying to plan a character that uses a quarterstaff. I don't know why I never realized that it may depend on the weapon. Silly me.

Thanks so much to both of you.