Community Member

Default Hi I could use some advice.

I'm returning from a break from internet the last few months and I've never really used the forums because I try to learn most stuff through hands on first experience, but there's some things I'd like advice for...

1. What quest packs should I buy first with my free turbine points and when will there be a discount in the store for them? I have about 1,200 free points as of right now and I'm still saving. I've never used the store before and I've been saving up the points to get new quests to play. This is the most practical thing to purchase isn't it?

2. How do I add a profile picture or something for my forum account?

3. Could someone explain the new enchantment system or direct me to someplace I can read to understand it better. It's a lot different from what it was back when I started playing. They didn't change the rank system, just the way you spend them it seems.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Adventure packs

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Korczakowski View Post
    I'm returning from a break from internet the last few months and I've never really used the forums because I try to learn most stuff through hands on first experience, but there's some things I'd like advice for...

1. What quest packs should I buy first with my free turbine points and when will there be a discount in the store for them? I have about 1,200 free points as of right now and I'm still saving. I've never used the store before and I've been saving up the points to get new quests to play. This is the most practical thing to purchase isn't it?

3. Could someone explain the new enchantment system or direct me to someplace I can read to understand it better. It's a lot different from what it was back when I started playing. They didn't change the rank system, just the way you spend them it seems.
    I used this page when purchasing my packs, http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs

In my opinion I went for packs that had Epic Destines/levels. Also, I found the DDO Market had better deals than the DDO store for buying Menace of the Underdark and the Shadowfell Conspiracy if you even want to spend some cash.

For my DDO journey I made these my top 3 priorities:

• Delera's Tomb
    • Devil Assault
    • Ruins of Gianthold

Lower Level stuff if you need help leveling
    1. Tangleroot
    2. Delara's
    3. Necropolis (good one, cheap for 5 quests each)
    4. Pharlian Carnavail (bonus is epic)

Mid to high level stuff
    1. Gainthold (epic as well)
    2. Vault of night (epic as well)
    3. the Vale (non epic)
    4. Thernal (though not run much it is cheap for 9 quests in mid range)

In upper right hand corner hit the settings link. On the left hand column there is a link to Edit your Avatar.

http://www.ddowiki.com/page/Enhancements

Best place to go.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

On a first life toon you don't really need any low level content to be perfectly honest. I did a legend life with only STK.

Ellisdee37 has a really good guide though on what to buy.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Buyer-s-Guide
    Last edited by Teen; 10-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Community Member

for enhancements you can only get to tier 5 (the row at the top of the screen) on one class tree, other than that you're free to mix em up as you like. to unlock a tree you need to grab the first core enhancement (in the pale area at the bottom, it's not part of the tree).

like with the old system you are free to mess about with options before applying them. to unselect an enhancement just right click on it.

like with the old system there will be times when you have to grab a few bits you dont want just to unlock the bits you do want. in general though you should find some nice stuff to play with and you can often get more power at earlier levels than before.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

I would buy Gianthold.

The new enhancements are pretty self explanatory. Just a talent tree like any other rpg.

Yes, packs are the best things to buy. In the current state of the game, there are three packs that stand head and shoulders above the rest, listed in order of level:

Vault of Night (8-10, epic)
    The xp in both heroic and epic is off the charts, it's a good pack to farm both epic xp and tokens of the twelve, and is super fun. This pack won't help you get from 14 to 20, though.

Ruins of Gianthold (13-14, epic)
    Gianthold is the best pack in the game, very helpful for getting from 14 to 20 plus it offers epic content. And more good loot than you can shake a stick at.

Vale of Twilight (16-18)
    This is the key pack for leveling from 18 to 20, which is a rough spot even if you own Gianthold. Great quests, the best raid in the game and the ultra-useful greensteel crafting. It doesn't get much better than Vale.

If you can only buy one pack, make it Gianthold. Then Vale second, with VON third. As for when packs go on sale we just had one a couple weeks ago so I'd say maybe December-ish.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

IMHO, the two best purchases are MotU SE and Gianthold (not necessarily in that order). The MotU SE unlocks a ton of content (both Eberron & FR), as well as druids, EDs, Vet status I, etc.; plus it gives you 1,000 TPs, which is just enough to buy GH as well. It's gone on sale for half-price at least twice since it came out; so if you're patient you can snag it cheap.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    IMHO, the two best purchases are MotU SE and Gianthold (not necessarily in that order). The MotU SE unlocks a ton of content (both Eberron & FR), as well as druids, EDs, Vet status I, etc.; plus it gives you 1,000 TPs, which is just enough to buy GH as well. It's gone on sale for half-price at least twice since it came out; so if you're patient you can snag it cheap.
    Yep, but if you just use points thru the regular in-game DDO store you don't get all those bennies. You would have to spend money on a code thru the DDO Market.

Don't bother with Delera's. The only good part about the expansion is Voice of the Master, a 5% experience trinket you get for completing the whole chain, and while it might be tempting, with the way advancement works nowadays there's plenty of experience to be had in Free to Play content at that level. If you really insist on paying for experience points, I suggest a Tome of Learning instead. That gives you a bonus for all played adventures, without taking up a trinket slot, and without having to pay them for an adventure pack that has no Epic portion so is useful only for a few levels--

I say with emphasis: Buy the packs that have epic content and avoid the rest. These will give you the most bang for your buck, and as a current VIP subscriber, I'd recommend holding off on the temptation to purchase VIP in the short term, as 'management' has apparently made an effort lately to marginalize the benefits of a VIP membership.