Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default VIDEO -- 20 Ranger (epic 7) Tempest // Fury of the Wild

    Recently returned to the game and started this character on Khyber.

    I've never played a ranger before, but they seem pretty good!

    If you don't like dubby electronic music; mute and play whatever you like, no game sounds on this one.

    I wanted to post this here for players curious about melee rangers. This character is currently 41 Tempest, 11 AA, 7 DWS, & 21 Elf. With a solid 30% doublestrike (from First Blood (bastard sword), elf enhancement, black-dragonscale set, and perfect TWF) the tempest capstone is s o m e w h a t useful. Main hand is a Balizarde if you were wondering.

    Enjoy in 1080p!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXsfEd34Gfo

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    that was neat

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi,
    That was great, but I have some questions. At that lvl, how are u gettin almost 100hp/hit throughout the quest. I see the weapons, but my STR build is far short of that kind of damage. Can u give a quick list of buffs and feats? And maybe some of the major enhancements?

    Thanks,
    russc

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russelc View Post
    At that lvl, how are u gettin almost 100hp/hit throughout the quest. I see the weapons, but my STR build is far short of that kind of damage. Can u give a quick list of buffs and feats?
    I too am curious, since his char sheet display at the beginning shows a str of 34 or so, dex around the same.

    Best I could tell the base damage was mid-70s to low-90s, but most attacks were against helpless enemies so most of the time the left-most damage number was 3 digits.

  5. #5
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I too am curious, since his char sheet display at the beginning shows a str of 34 or so, dex around the same.

    Best I could tell the base damage was mid-70s to low-90s, but most attacks were against helpless enemies so most of the time the left-most damage number was 3 digits.
    Elf+ Planar focus + deadly item . . .

    that 34 STR is pre-buffed.

  6. #6
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Favored Enemy Giant would also explain some of it that's min +10 versus the Trolls. Bigger hits are probably there.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    Favored Enemy Giant would also explain some of it that's min +10 versus the Trolls. Bigger hits are probably there.
    Pretty sure favored damage doesn't add to the leftmost number, but instead adds an additional untyped damage proc similar to bloodletting or maiming. (As in, not multiplied by crits.) Also, at least half the numbers were against those fiendish spiders.

  8. #8
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Pretty sure favored damage doesn't add to the leftmost number, but instead adds an additional untyped damage proc similar to bloodletting or maiming. (As in, not multiplied by crits.) Also, at least half the numbers were against those fiendish spiders.
    LMAO So you have never actually played your Tempest Trapmonkey build good to know.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    LMAO So you have never actually played your Tempest Trapmonkey build good to know.
    I have, and when I attack favored enemies I get an additional untyped damage number on the right side of my damage numbers.

  10. #10
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Odd all i can say is I've played a total of 5 Ranger Lives with 2 toones at Ranger 20+ for 5 years I've never seen an additional poc effect on a favored enemy that was not do to a bane weapon or such, and that the leftmost number is clearly higher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload