Question Slaughter fixed yet?

Anyone know if the Slaughter enhancement from the barb Ravager tree is fixed yet?

I switched out of it a while back as it only seemed to be doing a flat [1W] damage i.e. not working at all.

Switched to take some Occult Slayer stuff instead, and the knockout from there is just awesome. Be a tough call to switch back now TBH, but worth a trial i reckon....

It's gonna cost me a chunk of plat to switch back just to see if it works, so wondering if anyone else knows whether it's working or not yet?

On a related point - if it is working, anyone know if it stacks with adrenaline/fury?

Cheers in advance.

Community Member

that 10W on a 2 min cooldown will probably never beat knock out especially since its a sleep that works on everything and it's helpless buff seems to last the duration whether they woke up after the first hit or not.

the other barb attacks need to be made as useful as ear smash.

Thumbs up True

True nuff m8 - but I think I've figured out a way to purloin the extra AP needed to get Slaughter from other trees, and keep Knockout.

Gonna cost me a chunk of plat just to find out though.

So - do yuu know if Slaughter works, and if so, does it stack with adren/fury?

Community Member

no idea I TRed out of my barb levels. had it splashed with ranger anyway between bleed them out and ear smash I had a 3w and 1.5w spammable and found I was happy going that far with it. TWF got alot of hits during the helpless uptime aswell. I didn't bother testing much of the barb tree outside of that it was a good defensive and utility splash though I may go back to it after I unlock some more EDs with self healing abilities. That plat cost does get stupid btw. went from paying 50 plat to 159k lol they sure have you make your mind up early.

I honestly don't even understand slaughter's upgrade. Fury is covered by a deadly accuracy item right? and it only gives you like 3 stacks to begin with so that like a 10 sec buff that doesn't even work every 2 mins. A lot of these actives puzzle me. You see some really great ones in monk or acrobat and then the other ones look pretty much garbage besides maybe the deep wood actives. also who the heck thought making cracking attacks upgrade take away 20 ac and 20 prr for 1w of damage and only on a crit that's lousy.
    Last edited by Exiledtyrant; 10-08-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Community Member

I tested a lot of Barbarian enhancements a short while ago and Slaughter seemed to be working. I was dealing hits for over 100 points using a brand new veteran II testing character with weapon and shield.

Thumbs up Thanks Guys

Thnaks for the repsones both - appreciated - might risk the plat then Clatter.

Should have been more specific Exiled m8 - sorry - I meant did it stack with Unbridled Fury and Adrenaline hits from the FOTW ED.

Potentially [+10]W stacking with +400% damage with good chance of crits x5/7 too - could be pretty awesome - if it all works!

Means dropping quite a few things - conjoured ranger arrows, 10% heal amp (gna hurt on a barb!), 2 bow sneak dice, bit of sneak and close-up bow distance, and +1 Will save when raged.

Will spend 3 more points in Ravager tree to qualify, then 6 more to get Slaughter up to tier 3.

Guess - I'll see soon enough then...

Community Member

good luck with the experiments. I didn't even know about ear smash until i took a risk on it.

Thumbs down Salughter's Not Worth It!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledtyrant View Post
    good luck with the experiments. I didn't even know about ear smash until i took a risk on it.
    Thats my completely un-scientific conclusion (only tested aobut 10 hits in each mode so about 20 unbuffed 20 adren mode, split 50/50 to normal Vs Slaughter hits) after working with it in guys....

I ran some Don't Drink the Water, and hitting mudmen showed about 60-90 slash damage from my g-axe with a normal hit, and aobut 120-150 on a Slaughter hit.

So there does look to be a benefit, but nothing that suggests a scale of [10W]. (I wondered if maybe Slaughter didn't add the STR & PA bonuses compared to a normal hit or something, as the damage range experienced with Slaughter fits the base wep damage x10 pretty reasonably, but that then means there was zero benefit in a Slaughter hit from STR mods, etc., severely limiting its overall damage effectiveness - pure conjecture though).

With adrenaline hits, the results were even less conclusive, I was sometimes hitting for significantly more without Slaughter than with!

There was certainly nothing to suggest that in an Adrenaline charged hit, Slaughter was a significant enough factor in terms of damage output to be worhwhile.

My main reason for taking it was to get some big numbers up against bosses in conjunction with an adrenaline hit, wiith alll the multi and critty goodness implied. With a 2-min cooldown, it's not much use in general play anyway.

So, factoring in the time it takes to hit the Slaughter "button", I'm not at all convinced it is worthwhile for me in normal play, and it just doesn't seem significant enough in adrenaline mode.

Gonna have to spend some more plat to switch it all back again now - was worth a go though!

Community Member

sounds like it did get fixed then as to my understanding [W] bonuses only apply to the weapon's base damage dice not to our damage after bonuses.

eg a [2]d6 weapon is roughly the same as a 2d6 weapon, the main difference is the spread of numbers you'll get. the [2]d6 weapon will have an equal chance of each of the 6 results while the 2d6 weapon will be weighted to roll more 7's than anything else.

i too don't think that slaughter is worth it with a 2 min cooldown. i've grabbed the [4] exhausting blow attack in the frenzy tree (does some stat dmg too that i'm not bothered with) to pair with an adrenalin attack as it has a much smaller cooldown. previously i was using the cleaves for a [W] boost on adrenalin.

when you compare it that's 6 exhausting blows for every slaughter as exhausting blow is on a 20s cooldown for half the AP investment too. bleagh!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post

I ran some Don't Drink the Water, and hitting mudmen showed about 60-90 slash damage from my g-axe with a normal hit, and aobut 120-150 on a Slaughter hit.
    Looks to me like it is working.

+10W just adds to the dice roll of your weapon.

Example: you are using a greataxe that has [2]1d12+5 and with all your strenght bonus and other things you get +50 damage

A normal hit would be in the range of (1d12*2)+5+50 which is 57-79

Slaughter adds +10W: so that means [12]1d12+5+50

A slaughter hit would be in the range of (1d12*12)+5+50 which is 67-199

a result of 120-150 like you said looks pretty reasonable to me.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule