Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

sorry, dumb me...cloak of zephyr:/ well, no reason for joy

Well. Torc just got a million times more difficult to farm up. *pout*

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Can anyone confirm Shards in 20th reward of VoN?

I want my eSoS.
    See rspnse #28 above.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

:/ Don't be caught like i was.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Ouch. Particularly since they'd mentioned a bit back that the 20th snafu was at least partly due to them trying to track heroic and epic completions separately. Maybe time to start advocating for upping the droprate of the base items on epic difficulties?

Ug you can't get items on 20th lists even if you do heroic?

I have only one sos base item on the toon that wants an epic SOS, geez maybe even if I get the parts I might not upgrade it, if im going to be doing some tring on that toon, sos very useful 10-20 though I could use carnifex to 12 then a greensteel weapon.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Ug you can't get items on 20th lists even if you do heroic?

I have only one sos base item on the toon that wants an epic SOS, geez maybe even if I get the parts I might not upgrade it, if im going to be doing some tring on that toon, sos very useful 10-20 though I could use carnifex to 12 then a greensteel weapon.
    You may want to read post #28, so far this only seems to affect ADQ

Community Member

Default 20th ADQ

I just completed my 20th ADQ and got a list of base items as reward. Sorry, did not thought about taking a screenshot - was so happy with getting the Torc
    To get there I did about 4 heroic ADQ1 (while levelling), others were all ENormal, as I soloed nearly all of them.
    About 17-18 heroic ADQ2, only 2-3 ENormal/EHard.
    On the 20th run I did ADQ1 on heroic elite and ADQ2 on heroic normal, solo as usual.

Sorry again for no screenshot, looks like we have contradicting information in this thread now

Edit: screenshot with torc in inventory & completion count:
    Last edited by amtoru; 10-15-2013 at 06:07 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by amtoru View Post
    I just completed my 20th ADQ and got a list of base items as reward. Sorry, did not thought about taking a screenshot - was so happy with getting the Torc
    To get there I did about 4 heroic ADQ1 (while levelling), others were all ENormal, as I soloed nearly all of them.
    On the 20th run I did ADQ1 on heroic elite and ADQ2 on heroic normal, solo as usual.

Sorry again for no screenshot, looks like we have contradicting information in this thread now

Edit: screenshot with torc in inventory & completion count:
    Congrats on your torc!

No conflicting is fine. We are trying to work out what is going on so the more samples the better. Sadly reproducing this 'bug' (design choice?) takes a fair amount of effort (months?).

I wonder if it's something like the percentage you did epic compared with heroic - so a kind of saga score system creates a tipping point at which you get offered either heroic rewards or epic? Or it could be something else entirely.

I would really like to see
    1) Staff acknowledgement that this is non-WAI
    2) Some sort of comment oh exactly how the non-WAI is currently non-WAI-ing
    3) GMs are given instructions to be able to set players raid counters back to 19 for those of us who get screwed :/
    4) Some sort of interim fix or work around while waiting for a fix. Or a fix itself. That would be good.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by amtoru View Post

Seeing how they stealth-changed it the first time (to give shards), I'm guesing they may have stealth-changed it again (to give items on heroic).
    My main is running this on EN every 3 days and will hit 20 in a few weeks, my 2nd recently flagged and will run it on HH; I'll post the list for both once I get it -assuming by then there is still doubt :P

Greetz,
    Red Orm

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

/community warning bump

Speaking of sample sizes reminded me... if anyone has done a 20th recently or knows of someone who did, please add a sample here.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    /community warning bump

Speaking of sample sizes reminded me... if anyone has done a 20th recently or knows of someone who did, please add a sample here.
    Did my 38th run earlier today on my Druid. Be about a week before I hit my 40th, but I'll let you know what I find.

Community Member

My 40th

*sigh* Still no Torc, naturally...

Ran it about 90% on Heroic.

Community Member

so, what decides when you get shards list or base items list?

Seems to be the difficulty of the single run that generates the list determines it. The OP did a 20th list run on epic and got only shards, while a couple others have reporting do a heroic 20th and getting base items.

I'm curious to see what is actually happening here. If the 20th completion reward list is based on the last setting (epic vs heroic) run attempt to hit that mark then it just seems to generate a disconnect between running DQ2 on Epic Settings for epic characters and trying to loot a desired based item. It would force those epic characters to run it on heroic difficulty settings, which doesn't allow them to earn any experience for their trouble. Seems counter intuitive to me. Especially since it appears not to work that way for some of the other raids, where you can still gather the base items from epic runs.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Can anyone confirm Shards in 20th reward of VoN?

I want my eSoS.
    Me too
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Don't know why wizzy got shards from her 60 th heroic ( most of those completions were a year ago though, even before Motu ), this time 20 th on gimplazorfvs on heroic worked for base items ( most of the completions were on epic hard, last 2 or 3 on heroic elite ).

and 1-2 charisma tome
    Two 1-2 skill tomes.
    Last edited by Encair; 10-19-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

So far in this thread I'm seeing:

- OP ran epic 20th, got shards
    - several other posters ran heroic 20th, got base items

Could we get an intrepid tester to run a 20th on epic for more datapoints?

I currently have 6 toons that are 3-4 runs from 20th. All DQ2 runs were in EH.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast