Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I currently have 6 toons that are 3-4 runs from 20th. All DQ2 runs were in EH.
    Perfect test case if you'd be willing to sacrifice one of those 20th lists on a epic DQ1&2 run to see if you get shards. EN would be a sufficient test, but any epic difficulty (ie: the ever-present EN DQ1, EE DQ2) would work.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    60 th on my 1st lifer gimpwizard. Did 60th on heroic elite.
    Only raid shards ( + Marcus, Arcane power ,Storm not in SS ) + 2-3 upgrade tome. FAIL. Waste of time for anyone doing DQs for base items.
    Ah this is not good. I'm sorry for your waste of 20 completions.

Would really love a Dev response to this if possible.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Ah this is not good. I'm sorry for your waste of 20 completions.

Would really love a Dev response to this if possible.
    It's fine, that character has 2 Torcs ( and gave away 1 or 2 ) and most of the named items from DQ, those completions were maybe 2 years ago ( when you could actually fill a raid and trading was no-no, more camraderie and need before greed attitude in general ).

20 th on heroic works for most it seems.
    Last edited by Encair; 10-19-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Bumping as a community service.

Starting towards 40 runs for myself hoping by the time I get there I'll be offered base items.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by chadj82371 View Post
    Been running it with a couple of guildies who are looking for a couple of base items. I think one of them is 2 away from his 20th so I'll try and make sure we run it on heroic that night and let you know if his list includes base items or not. Will be a few days though .
    I'm the guilding that Antello was mentioning. I can confirm that on my 20th completion (running on Heroic Elite) I got a list of the items and not shards. I'll post a pic when I'm back at home. (Sorry too lazy this morning to set it up )

Screenshot or it didn't happen:
    Last edited by RaidMR; 10-24-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Now with pics!

Toons: Tegor - Valask - Markita - Richiurd - Morjak - Mylaphin
    Guild: The Rogue Saints - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by RaidMR View Post
    I'm the guilding that Antello was mentioning. I can confirm that on my 20th completion (running on Heroic Elite) I got a list of the items and not shards. I'll post a pic when I'm back at home. (Sorry to lazy this morning to set it up )
    Ah, beat me to it.
    Antello - Kinisar - Erifeci
    Antelli - Antelly - Antellia

The Rogue Saints - Sarlona
    www.theroguesaints.com

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RaidMR View Post
    I'm the guilding that Antello was mentioning. I can confirm that on my 20th completion (running on Heroic Elite) I got a list of the items and not shards. I'll post a pic when I'm back at home. (Sorry too lazy this morning to set it up )

Screenshot or it didn't happen:
    Thanks for this. Can you tell me what percentage of heroic runs and what percentage of epic runs you guys did roughly?
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Has anyone else had issues with this? Not an easy thing to test. Still not on the known issues list.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Community Member

Several weeks ago I did a 20th on a character that was exclusively running on epic and got a shard list. A couple of weeks ago I ran a 20th on a character that was mostly epic and maybe 20% heroic (20th was heroic) and got a base item list.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

MAN I wish VON5-6 suffered from this bug LOL... just got the seal the other day, someone passed it to me without even asking if anyone wanted to roll... I know the seal is much more common than the shard, but honestly this is only the second piece I've ever seen in the quest when it dropped (besides a couple scrolls) I rolled on the shard a couple weeks back and had the low roll when someone decided to roll a 1 at the last moment LOL... Any chance all epic VON completions get a shard list?

I know someone reported getting a normal list from VON but since this bug seems to not always effect everyone (or has some Heroic/epic relationship) you never know.
    Last edited by IronClan; 12-11-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

I learned that the best way to deal with getting a torc is to ignore its existence, and just cover my ears and sing 'lalala' everytime I hear any mention of it.

Then again I've been TRing my caster too much to bother wasting time with farming it, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

For the record: hubby rand his 20tht DQ a week ago on EH, got a liat of shards and some tomes (took a tome as there were no shards usefull to him).
    I will be running mine this weekend, on EH as well, hoping for a torq shard; I'll post the results once I have them.
    We've been doing all runs on EH.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

My last 2 runs since the update were on EH and EE. In both cases we received 4 chests - the heroic version and epic version. Now is a good time to farm.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post
    I learned that the best way to deal with getting a torc is to ignore its existence, and just cover my ears and sing 'lalala' everytime I hear any mention of it.

Then again I've been TRing my caster too much to bother wasting time with farming it, so it doesn't matter anymore.
    Thats how I got my torc, first ever run on my caster on ee and torc in chest.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Just did my EH 20tht run: 1 upgrade tome of bluff +3, and loads of shards, all raid only items.
    Happily for me, the very last one was the Torc shard, so no complaints there.
    Now I only have to run wiz king into the ground for the seal...

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Now I only have to run wiz king into the ground for the seal...
    Drop rates lowered with Motu, but still ransacking Adq monkey, scorp and octo chests would be better I think.
    But it's really low now, might be almost impossible to get particular seal if you didn't run desert epics before Motu.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Drop rates lowered with Motu, but still ransacking Adq monkey, scorp and octo chests would be better I think.
    But it's really low now, might be almost impossible to get particular seal if you didn't run desert epics before Motu.
    Ugh I didn't know they dropped. I thought chances for that particular sealwere better in wiz king, but hey I'll just run both. Just wish I could solo them. (guess I could solo dq1, but not too familiar yet with wiz king). Anyway, it does seem like there's no non-raid shards in the 20tht list.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by PpalP View Post
    That means epic Von6 20th completion reward give you a SoS shard?
    That would sure as hell be nice.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Did my 40th 2 days ago. All runs done on epic.
    It still gives a list of raid item shards (which I was happy about and hoping for, got my base items already ).
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Semirelated update. Apparently it's shards for Chrono too:

So of the scroll-seal-shard raids, no SoS for you.

I also ran my 20th DQ2 on an alt farming for a torc. I did 19 runs (absolutely certain of this, I dualboxed it on epic hard 19 times on my wizard on EH and once levelling heroic) and the 20th on HE; the 20th list was base items.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast