Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Question So how it actually works now?

So if you want base item - you must run your 20th on heroic? Or all on heroic? Only ADQ2 or ADQ1 too?
    Or you must be in heroic levels yourself, < 20 lvl, and being >=20 lvl always gives shards now regardless of the difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by PpalP View Post
    That means epic Von6 20th completion reward give you a SoS shard?
    That would be great.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by amtoru View Post
    So if you want base item - you must run your 20th on heroic? Or all on heroic? Only ADQ2 or ADQ1 too?
    Or you must be in heroic levels yourself, < 20 lvl, and being >=20 lvl always gives shards now regardless of the difficulty?
    Don't know. It would be nice to find out :/
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Confirming this makes me more inclined to run EVON5-6 and less inclined to run EADQ2.

Remember, you still need the seals to make these items, and the DQ raid seals are a bastard to get.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Confirming this makes me more inclined to run EVON5-6 and less inclined to run EADQ2.

Remember, you still need the seals to make these items, and the DQ raid seals are a bastard to get.
    Actually, desert seals are some of the easiest. But...fight club.

Nice change, as it always should've been.

Hopefully all kind of shards will drop. This gives us a reason to run older Epics again. Now add a chance for a comm drop in Epic raids and you got the perfect score.

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

Shards in the end reward list definately seems like it would increase interest in those older raids. At least ... for those of us who HAVE run it on epic many, many times on multiple characters and never been fortunate enough to get the shard they're looking for. May be taking a break from tr'ing every 3 days to run a couple raids again!
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Community Member

VoN doesn't give shards for 20ths unless there's some trick to it, EH 20th and just raid items.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    VoN doesn't give shards for 20ths unless there's some trick to it, EH 20th and just raid items.
    Hmm, that's not good.
    It's definitely an N-word.

How is it a good change ? It seems to only offer raid shards, those items are barely useful anymore WHILE exponentially lowering chance for new players / toons to get useful base items ( Mari chain, Torc, PM bracers, Marcus crest is decent too ).

All my toons except one fvs have Torc or two and all are from 20 th or 40 th reward, and that was when you could actually FILL a raid.
    Chance to get a Torc/Marichain now is basically non existent with this change.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

I like this change a lot!
    Thx for telling me, now I have a goal to run those raids even more.

And it's not like Heroic Raids aren't run anymore. At least on G-land I see a lfm for those all the time with a note that says "Quick loot run, all welcome".

I wonder what this change does for end of chain quests like "Under The Big Top"?
    Does that mean I finally get my pair Epic Kronzek's Cruelty together?

Wait, what about seals, darn I need those as well.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

The fact that all you got were Shards from the Raid doesn't cancel the possibility to get also the other Shards.

We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Would still love an answer to : if i do 19 raids on epic and do my 20th on heroic, will that give me a list of heroic raid items?

Going to keep bumping this thread until I find out. Also as a warning to others who may end up wasting 20 completions in search of a base item in this way.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Would still love an answer to : if i do 19 raids on epic and do my 20th on heroic, will that give me a list of heroic raid items?

Going to keep bumping this thread until I find out. Also as a warning to others who may end up wasting 20 completions in search of a base item in this way.
    You know if its different I would like them to have different timers for heroic and epic at least. I like epic on an epic toon as I get XP at the end of it, even if I get a bunch of trash in the end chest, doing it on heroic is ok I guess for DQ as can quickly solo it, heck do pre raid on epic then raid on heroic.

Von cant solo . prob have to do von5 on heroic but might find people to do von 5 epic then von 6 heroic, though is that even possible? I never checked.

well cant solo unless you multi box maybe.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

/bump

This is a community announcement - don't waste your 20 hard won DQ completions.

If anyone has an experiential answer to just doing the 20th run on heroic safely giving base items, please let us know.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Been running it with a couple of guildies who are looking for a couple of base items. I think one of them is 2 away from his 20th so I'll try and make sure we run it on heroic that night and let you know if his list includes base items or not. Will be a few days though .
    Antello - Kinisar - Erifeci
    Antelli - Antelly - Antellia

The Rogue Saints - Sarlona
    www.theroguesaints.com

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

wonder if all shards was a bug?
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

60 th on my 1st lifer gimpwizard. Did 60th on heroic elite.
    Only raid shards ( + Marcus, Arcane power ,Storm not in SS ) + 2-3 upgrade tome. FAIL. Waste of time for anyone doing DQs for base items.

Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Can anyone confirm Shards in 20th reward of VoN?

I want my eSoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    60 th on my 1st lifer gimpwizard. Did 60th on heroic elite.
    Only raid shards ( + Marcus, Arcane power ,Storm not in SS ) + 2-3 upgrade tome. FAIL. Waste of time for anyone doing DQs for base items.

but it also seem not only raidshards are in that list, as zephyr is desert drop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast