Default So now that we know Big Brother is watching...

I found this to be very interesting in it's implications. Here's the relevant short of it (with emphasis added):
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes.
    I have to wonder what actions they will continue taking, and to what accounts will these be in addition to? Has anyone noticed the sudden silence or absence of players they normally converse or run with? Anyone have guildies that can only be seen in Vent?

I know several people that participated under the assumption that if anything was going to be done, it would/could only be a rollback. Given that assumption, the line of thinking was basically as follows: "If they roll back the game, any playing done past the rollback point would've been waisted (all progress in the form of XP, completions etc erased) so may as well get in on it; and if they don't roll it back I'll have missed out on a significant opportunity..."

It would seem however that Turbine has decided to take a more targeted, surgical approach. On that note, I must admit I did find this post quite refreshing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ...we'd rather review the reports carefully this time to avoid the type of issues that were experienced a while back in Mabar).
    I'm glad to know they're taking steps to only punish the participants rather than anyone & everyone an autoscript thinks might qualify.

So to bring this back around, is anyone aware of any repercussions handed out thus far? Any thoughts on what will actually come of all this, especially if not in the form of a rollback? Was Tolero just saying that to make us think they were doing something when infect they are not?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Discussions of specific disciplinary action against accounts isn't appropriate for the forums, and we're trying to be flexible with the current discussions who elect to not get into specifics, but at this point the threads are becoming duplicates of one another and running down the "guess what I heard" rabbit hole.

Actions & investigations are already deploying, game patches are underway, and logs are being collected (particularly of those who shrugged off the launcher message regarding it). At this point there's not a lot left to say.