Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Well, what I take from Ungood's comments is that the value of the pixels from this exploit is that they are just images to take up your time while you relax playing a game. In the game, sure, some players place high value on these object - but some don't. Part of the value is the DM's decision on how often you have to play to get a certain combinations of pixels. I read Ungood saying that you don't need these items to enjoy the game and if you are more about your 'wealth' v. your 'enjoyment' - that is, being able to lord it over your fellow players, then perhaps you migth consider re-thinking why you play an online game.
    -You must spread more rep-

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Those "just a few collectables" are:
    - thousands of Shards/Seals/Scrolls (including SoS/RoSS shards/seals) bound to acount, impact = zero
    - thousands of Commendations (including Heroic Commendations, bye bye FoT/Citw) bound to character, impact = zero
    - thousands of Dragon Scales (all colors, including flawless versions, bye bye VoN) unbound, people will zerg EE's for bloods, the EGH ones need com's anyway, impact = zero
    - thousands of each of Shroud matts (bye bye Shroud) unbound, people need shards for crafting, shrouds will be run, impact = zero
    - thousands of rare Collectables
    - thousands of relics from GH (epic and non epic) unbound, they drop alot! in good exp quests and chain reward list, impact = zero
    - thousands of Mabar matts (= all your toons gets a free +5 tome if you had new matts, and just everything from Mabar for all your toons, without ever running it again) (aren't you supposed to fight the spectral dragon anyway? and realy +5 tomes? turbine got more people peeved at the lack of +6 tomes. anyway, most vets have farmed those anyay, i have +5 stat tomes around 5 toon, the rest of 'm have +4 tomes, even the bank mule's and still i have 12 lying around for future toons, man up and farm them, like we did. Most vets will farm for the neg level augments anyway, its a far better option then the other items, it actualy helps dealing with the bloated hp mobs have.)
    - thousands of Risia matts (including Icy burst kits) They have been nerfed, weapons have become useless since U19 (min lv raised), impact = zero
    - thousands of Gold Festival Coins/Cookies/etc whoot, short duration bufs or spells that could have been emulated with scrolls/potions etc and the 0.0001%chance of a +4 tome, lol impact = zero
    - thousands of house C crafting matts (= free +150 craft lvls for all your toons per just 1 day, on all your accounts, all servers) still can't make high lv gear, some of it got nerfed (without telling us btw), impact = zero
    - thousands of Augments (including DDO store items like Jeweler's Tool Kits, Deathblock, etc., I've never seen Deathblock augment in AH for like 3 months) tried getting them from the vendor at the 12?, according to you they are rare? with this feature, you might get your hands on on, or one stack, impact = zero
    - thousands of Challenge Matts (bye bye groups for challenges) people actualy run those things without a fair amount of cheese? all i see are casters running in, check for the large crystal and recall untill they found it, the gear is nice, not game breaking by far, impact = zero
    - thousands of Abbot/StormReaver seals bound to character, lol, you mention these, why bother, these raids are dead except for a few vets who run it with channel members or guildies only, you did know that these seals can be traded for very easely? impact = zero
    - thousands of Elemental Essences/Cells from LoB raid (it was already dead, but now it's deadly dead) dead as a doornail, impact = zero
    - etc (my mind just blew up)
    You forgot the tapestries! now those cheaters will all be wielding that op minos legends! quickly dev's, nerf that thing into the ground!

all jokes aside, dear TheRobai, i assume you're not playing at cap much or at any length? not helped all to well in guild maybe? Most of the items you mentioned were worthless to begin with and the impact is not worth mentioning.

over the years i have given away thousands of those unbound items you mentioned, the came easy, they went easy.

We had these "features before, (bag incident anyone?), did those impact the game by any measure?
    Not really, people shrugged and moved on.
    With all the problems this game has, and it's community bleeding out fast, it might be more prudent to focus on a different topic (like the upcoming exp nerf).
    I personally worry more about all the people leaving then this thing here.
    Last edited by lyrecono; 10-10-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: edited out a typo

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    *sigh* all ******** aside, all **** said and done, really, if all you got from this game was baubles in a bag, you have my sympathies not my strife.

At this point, the discussion just got depressing to me to see people acting like this over digital junk and things they will never own.

Amidst this angst ridden forum discussion, I went to make an Alchemical Maul for a Dreaming Dark beater, I was rather amused that the mats for that raid and those items were not readily duped, or even duped at all from what I could find, a friend of mine handed me what I needed, not much, I just needed a power cell and he gave me 2 of them out of his hard earned stack of 9, no charge, no fuss, it is friendships like that, that keep people here, our fellow players, our friends, the people we play the game with, they are worth more then plat, more then gold, and more then the loot from a chest.

Sorry, but reading that people feel that plat in the bank is all that is worthwhile to them is depressing to me, and I think now is the time for me to remove myself from this discussion, feel free to vent about whatever you think you lost and how much you got hurt by this when in reality nothing was taken from you, nothing was stolen from you, and you are still free to play the game as you like.

Whatever.

Going to go play a bit, and try to forget I ever got involved in this nonsense.
    You still don't get it. I get it that the junk collectables, as you call it, are just pixels and hold no real world value. What you don't get is that people play this game by immersing themselves into a fantasy land. How much fun would I have if the exploit continued? Devaluing everything in the game so I can't trade off or sell the most valuable items for something I want. How much fun would i have trying to play a game with other people when one of the biggest reasons to run the content is for loot, but these "junk collectibles" have no value and a lot less people care to run the content? Destroying an economy and eliminating reasons to run content is not what I consider fun. Do you really think this game would survive on playing for just the fun of it? Apparently you do. Good luck with that theory lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Sirgog: do you actually think that they have the manpower to execute a policy like what you have suggested? The feeling I get is that DDO is run on a skeleton crew, at best. Likely they have pulled in the community team and the treasure chest "Tinklemeister" to help them review accounts in this most recent event.

I think they should put ALL Tubine employees on the task of rooting out all the exploiters, banning them, and deleting their ill-gotten goods.

Don't work on content.
    Don't work on bugs.
    Don't work on suggestions from player.

ONLY work on this exploit.

Devote ALL resources to it RIGHT NAO.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    I think they should put ALL Tubine employees on the task of rooting out all the exploiters, banning them, and deleting their ill-gotten goods.

Don't work on content.
    Don't work on bugs.

Did I fail my sarcasm check?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    You still don't get it. I get it that the junk collectables, as you call it, are just pixels and hold no real world value. What you don't get is that people play this game by immersing themselves into a fantasy land. How much fun would I have if the exploit continued? Devaluing everything in the game so I can't trade off or sell the most valuable items for something I want. How much fun would i have trying to play a game with other people when one of the biggest reasons to run the content is for loot, but these "junk collectibles" have no value and a lot less people care to run the content? Destroying an economy and eliminating reasons to run content is not what I consider fun. Do you really think this game would survive on playing for just the fun of it? Apparently you do. Good luck with that theory lol.

Im not hugely annoyed or moved by all this, but I am a bit disillusioned about the reaction/speed that they have had with this and other stuff in the past.

Sure I might of lost some value on some augments that I would of traded for TP instead of using, meh, Shroud mats was never really a big deal for me, I have a few toons that can run it, I dont really mind running it, can do it fast can do it shortman, but still peopel might need to run it for the shards or the cleanser, might be good for those who want different types of weapons for different lives. A gs xbow for arti life, a couple daggers for rogue life, a twf slash build, a 2wf pierce/or blunt build. maybe.

I dont run it just for the shiny's but I do admit getting different loot for different builds is nice, and having something for work towards I guess, I would admit that much. Not sure how that will effect my play in the long run, groups might dry up? Even though I might of not exploited will I now be able to buy stuff for cheap? So what now I just run for xp? hope that doesn't get a hefty nerf lol. Having been extremely lucky with my last few citw runs a while ago I got most the weapons I would ever need on my main, unless I want to d a 2hf build on him at some point. I prob will flag for it eventually when i finally start playing epics on him, but I doubt I will run it more than maybe once for the xp as the coms drops are ****, and I find the raid to be a bit of a long laggy drag. So you might have some point about people less likely to run content as they have less loot incentive to run it now. Getting the loot is not all the fun but it is part of it, well for me.

I know people who play the AH game a lot, I dont understand it, they could prob make more plat, resources by playing instead of standing for hours at the ah shopping *deals* and running to the vendors to shop as well. It doesn't make any sense to me.....but they seem to enjoy doing it, or find some reason to do it. Some use to just love linking their stack of 100 whatever, *shrugs* I guess they wont now lol.

Yeah I guess I disagree with both of you............no its not the end of the world, but..........it does have some negative impacts even if most of it is.......*image*
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-10-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post

Yes.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post

Don't work on content.
    Don't work on bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    i think we all did, and thanks meat head, you killed more of my brain cells then my my beer just did XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    I love seeing the moral high ground people are taking on the forum. There have been several people I know for a fact used the bug, who on the forum are claiming they never touched it.

Alternately, as Bimbelbo pointed out, many people are self-justifying saying they didn't use the bug out of moral superiority, but in fact it's all because they were afraid of being caught, or didn't know about it.

I place the blame for this squarely on Turbine because:
    1) No announcement saying to not do it even though they knew about it.
    2) Should have taken the game down immediately pending a fix. It's obvious it didn't take long to fix as we saw one was done by Tuesday.
    3) Shoddy coding. Shoddy QA/QC. We've been complaining about bugs for so long on this game. There is game-breaking lag, which is effectively a bug working against the player. Bugs which help players, no matter how minor are fixed quickly, whereas serious bugs which hurt players linger around for years.
    4) Turbine likely made a small fortune off of augment bags, astral shards, etc. They likely lost money on selling certain augments, etc, but I suspect they made out well this weekend. I think everyone knew the ASAH was going to bite someone in the rear, but I suspect they didn't think it would be themselves.
    5) Kinda tying into the rest of the points, they've cultured a playerbase which is upset with the company, and are surprised people want to take it out on them? A player in one of my channels deliberately made a number of items they knew would hurt Turbine's pocketbook the most, for no reason other than pure spite. I've played a number of other games, where the playerbase took pride in the game, in no small part because the developers did, and were happy to talk with the players and fix whatever was broken, even if it was to the company's advantage. Turbine has cultivated a culture of "us vs. them" instead of a culture of "hey, let's work together to make DDO awesome."
    I don't believe you can actually lose money when selling virtual goods, unless the programming time to create them costs more than you will ever get back. That seems very unlikely.

Do you really think this game would survive on playing for just the fun of it? Apparently you do. Good luck with that theory lol.
    Do you remember when you first started playing, it was quite a few years ago, but, try to think back to that time.

So tell me, did you get hooked into playing because you wanted grind 500 more fuzzy toadstools to get a new gaudy cloak of butt warming and your epic dragon dung was worth bazillions of plat, or did you play because the quests were engaging and playing with others was fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    You missed a group.

The "Couldn't give a Rats Arse Group". We knew about it and carried on playing as normal. We never believed it was the "end" of DDO as this has happened before and will, in all probability, happen again.
    You can count me in this group

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I don't believe you can actually lose money when selling virtual goods, unless the programming time to create them costs more than you will ever get back. That seems very unlikely.

Opportunity cost perhaps. But that is so subjective, it would be hard to measure. And even if players are selling unbound augments to other players for AS or TPs, Turbine is still getting revenue from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    You missed a group.

The "Couldn't give a Rats Arse Group". We knew about it and carried on playing as normal. We never believed it was the "end" of DDO as this has happened before and will, in all probability, happen again.

Pretty much the group I'm in. I have so many "I survived the FILL IN THE BLANK doom!" t-shirts now I forgot what a regular wardrobe should look like.

And FYI, I would totally buy a "I survived the FILL IN THE BLANK doom!" t-shirt armor skin. What do you say Quartermaster?

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    <snip>
    LOL!
    Then tell me what is NOT impact = zero?

Just give everyone all toons all +6 tomes, triple completionist, all gear, max out all EDs, also autogrant all Epic past lives to everyone when U20 hits.
    I guess this will still be impact = zero, right?
    The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

LOL!

Just give everyone all toons all +6 tomes, triple completionist, all gear, max out all EDs, also autogrant all Epic past lives to everyone when U20 hits.
    Where can I sign up for all that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Do you remember when you first started playing, it was quite a few years ago, but, try to think back to that time.

So tell me, did you get hooked into playing because you wanted grind 500 more fuzzy toadstools to get a new gaudy cloak of butt warming and your epic dragon dung was worth bazillions of plat, or did you play because the quests were engaging and playing with others was fun?
    i remember exactly what it was like when i first started. i played for the fun of it and when i realized DDO had some similarities to not just D&D but also real life, i had more fun trying to improve my character. i found i was having more fun the better i played and the better i developed my character and doing some of the same things you do in life like supply and demand and having some income to enjoy the finer things in life.

i see threads all the time people trying to change the core of DDO from D&D to what other games are. DDO still has some similarities from D&D that just should not be changed like running quests that reward you with loot and economy. the game is designed around loot and has been since the beginning. if people cant accept that this is how the game is played than maybe DDO isn't for them. they need to stop trying to change DDO into something that it is not.

i see threads all the time people trying to change the core of DDO from D&D to what other games are. DDO still has some similarities from D&D that just should not be changed like running quests that reward you with loot and economy. the game is designed around loot and has been since the beginning. if people cant accept that this is how the game is played than maybe DDO isn't for them. they need to stop trying to change DDO into something that it is not.

And yet the people who aren't loot obsessed do the LEAST amount of complaining of any group in the forum. So maybe DDO really IS for them.

The 'MY LEEWWWT LOST VALUEWWWWWAH!' obsessors seem to be the ones who do the most doomcalling 'round here. Perhaps all the wanna be virtual Warren Buffets out there are really the ones who need to "accept how the game is played"?

LOL!

Those are the new Ultra Iconic classes that will come out in U20.

And yeah, impact still = zero.

Do you really think this game would survive on playing for just the fun of it? Apparently you do. Good luck with that theory lol.

HA HA HA HA what? I don't do sigs, but this quote really tempts me. That's the most insane statement I've ever read on the forum. And that is saying a lot. Why ELSE would anyone play this game if not for the fun of it?

Are you seriously saying the reason this game survives is because of all of the people who don't have fun playing DDO but somehow force themselves (or are forced by others?) to play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    HA HA HA HA what? I don't do sigs, but this quote really tempts me. That's the most insane statement I've ever read on the forum. And that is saying a lot. Why ELSE would anyone play this game if not for the fun of it?

Are you seriously saying the reason this game survives is because of all of the people who don't have fun playing DDO but somehow force themselves (or are forced by others?) to play it?
    you misunderstand my post. would you play DDO if loot wasn't part of the game? would you run quests where loot had 0 bearing and character advancement didn't matter? kinda defeats the purpose of playing where gear plays a big factor in quests and considering DDO comes from D&D. all quests in DDO would have to be level 5 or below. how could you even create a game like that, especially since DDO is one of hundreds others that do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Those are the new Ultra Iconic classes that will come out in U20.

And yeah, impact still = zero.
    Actually yes, if everyone gets the same bonuses then it would be impact = zero.
    How about this: everyone's all toons get triple completionist, all matts, all items, all EDs maxed out, and all EDs in effect at the same time, all +6 tomes, all feats, all enchantments EXCEPT you and some other players (like 30% of players)?
    The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast