Community Member

Default Glitched item stuck in my inventory

Outside the bank in House K I saw a shiny thing on the ground, a "Quori-Forged Key". I picked it up, and now I can't drop or destroy it. It says "Inventory Error - Cannot be Released!"

Says drops on leaving adventure, drops on death. I tried /death and it didn't drop. I'm not flagged for the quest it goes to, nor do I know how to reach the quest in the Restless Isles, I'd only been there once before on another toon.

How do I get rid of this thing?

it'll drop when you relog.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    it'll drop when you relog.
    Thank you, it dropped. Now it's chillin' there on the floor at the portable hole, waiting for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelair View Post
    Thank you, it dropped. Now it's chillin' there on the floor at the portable hole, waiting for someone else.
    I found out when I picked one up beside Kruz, I left it there too.

game of hot potatoe?

Outside the bank in House K I saw... a "Quori-Forged Key." How do I get rid of this thing?
    The real question is: How did it get there?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I found out when I picked one up beside Kruz, I left it there too.
    LOL This thing will just keep migrating until a server reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    The real question is: How did it get there?
    It's something, someone, somewhere, kept back when it could be put in the bank and didn't drop on logout.
    It's been changed to its current version some months ago, but some people might have had it for years.

So, taking it out of the bank creates that : can't put it back in, only way to get rid of it is relogging... after what anyone can pick it up.
    It can be destoyed if you drop it in a private instance (resets faster than public ones), or drop it in a public instance that will reset when there aren't any players to keep it active. The next time servers come down will destroy it either way, I believe.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    It's something, someone, somewhere, kept back when it could be put in the bank and didn't drop on logout.
    It's been changed to its current version some months ago, but some people might have had it for years.
    Yah, what a bummer. I was hoping that this happening so close in time to the dupe bug reappearing meant that another old bug (which was one of my personal favorites!) was back too, but sadly the bombs did indeed drop when I left the quest...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Outside the bank in House K I saw a shiny thing on the ground, a "Quori-Forged Key". I picked it up, and now I can't drop or destroy it. It says "Inventory Error - Cannot be Released!"

Says drops on leaving adventure, drops on death. I tried /death and it didn't drop. I'm not flagged for the quest it goes to, nor do I know how to reach the quest in the Restless Isles, I'd only been there once before on another toon.

How do I get rid of this thing?
    Pick it back up and go farm the Royal guards mask from Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan! You cant actually get the head now as when you go in the quest it drops that very key you need to be able to get the head.