Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    It's because we're too bitter from not eating donuts - we have to share our misery with everyone else to compensate.

See the earlier picture of a vegan. We're not tasty.

Doing it for health reasons and that parts working. Also doing it because my daughter's been a vegan for awhile now and does really well with it...figured I'd show some support for her. That doesn't stop me from missing donuts and bacon though. :|
    Ironically, you did just as the joke predicted you would. So that suggests that vegans are vegan so they can tell other people about their dietary habits. Good joke.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Ironically, you did just as the joke predicted you would. So that suggests that vegans are vegan so they can tell other people about their dietary habits. Good joke.
    It's 100% true. I don't mind owning up to the stereotype being right.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Default Obviously...

This whole situation can be fixed by making an exploiters only server. There I solved it all I win. (this may of been mentioned earlier in the thread but I don't care)

Bowserkoopa,

Supporter of the Outcast Server

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Community Member

Wink Ideas besides banning......

I was not signed in during this debacle but I have a few ideas as to how to handle this without banning or deleting toons.
    Bring back public shaming. Set up some stocks in an out of the way public area. Accounts that exploited will be allowed to sign in but the toon goes straight to the stocks where they can be rotten tomatoed for a day(or whatever is appropriate) before allowing play.
    Then DDO can sell rotten tomatoes to the rest of us that have a lasting effect. Kind of like pumpkins only with a real purpose. Have the tomatoes stay on the head for 2 months and stain the armor of the offender. Maybe have the tomato represent a stat loss or skill damage for the duration of the "shaming"
    Bring back scarlet lettering. Over each cheaters head have the words I am a cheater in red bold. That way we can allow the community to be involved with discipline. We will know who they are so we can give them the business or just not group with them.
    Ground them so that all they can play are quest under level.
    Make it so that they can't group for a specific period.
    Make it so they can't raid for a specific period.
    No Mabar, no Christmas presents.
    No usage of ship buffs for a period of time.
    No bravery bonuses, or half xp.
    No loot from quest for a period..
    The list is long......
    Bans are not good for any of us though. The servers I play on are already slow. I would rather party with a cheater I can identify and school than sit for hours waiting to fill a raid or quest group.
    Just saying, the death penalty is severe. We would all be effected by it. This should be saved for people who code over the game to cheat, chronic plat sellers an people who harass or threaten other players ect. Taking advantage of a NWAI is bad. But not death penalty bad.
    We could find a way to have some real fun with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HealingBear View Post
    I was not signed in during this debacle but I have a few ideas as to how to handle this without banning or deleting toons.
    Bring back public shaming. Set up some stocks in an out of the way public area. Accounts that exploited will be allowed to sign in but the toon goes straight to the stocks where they can be rotten tomatoed for a day(or whatever is appropriate) before allowing play.
    Then DDO can sell rotten tomatoes to the rest of us that have a lasting effect. Kind of like pumpkins only with a real purpose. Have the tomatoes stay on the head for 2 months and stain the armor of the offender. Maybe have the tomato represent a stat loss or skill damage for the duration of the "shaming"
    Bring back scarlet lettering. Over each cheaters head have the words I am a cheater in red bold. That way we can allow the community to be involved with discipline. We will know who they are so we can give them the business or just not group with them.
    The list is long......
    Bans are not good for any of us though. The servers I play on are already slow. I would rather party with a cheater I can identify and school than sit for hours waiting to fill a raid or quest group.
    Just saying, the death penalty is severe. We would all be effected by it. This should be saved for people who code over the game to cheat, chronic plat sellers an people who harass or threaten other players ect. Taking advantage of a NWAI is bad. But not death penalty bad.

OR... they could limit their characters to vegan consumables only.

Quote Originally Posted by HealingBear View Post
    The list is long......
    The idea of public shaming is appealing. The suggested means are too expensive to implement, i figure. Why not simply publish the involved toons' names?
    Last edited by LXP; 10-11-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Roobee, the Fallen Child of Darkness
    Guild leader of Friends of Dorothy
    http://friends-of-dorothy.guildlaunch.com/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    OR... they could limit their characters to vegan consumables only.
    Driving people into suicide doesn't really help the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    This whole situation can be fixed by making an exploiters only server. There I solved it all I win. (this may of been mentioned earlier in the thread but I don't care)

Bowserkoopa,

Supporter of the Outcast Server
    I kinda like this idea. Only transfer the account to Wayfinder for a length of time depending on the level of punishment needed for the offense.

Then again, Wayfinder might not deserve the huge volume of problem accounts if the number of accounts involved are what I think they are....

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    Third that,

ohh and thanks for not mentioning New Zealand in the above post as a place for convicts! ;-} good to see someone knows a bit about history.

Personally I don't think the exploit has had any impact on me, but the thought that those taking advantage of the exploit and getting away scott free is outrageous!
    Funny you should say that .... I didn't mention it in part cause I moved from Canada and I live in NZ now lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    They already have a server they could use too, wayfinder, no one lives there. =P
    Some jokes are not that funny, dear. *sigh*
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Drakestor View Post
    I kinda like this idea. Only transfer the account to Wayfinder for a length of time depending on the level of punishment needed for the offense.

Then again, Wayfinder might not deserve the huge volume of problem accounts if the number of accounts involved are what I think they are....
    I say it again and again and again:

WE DON'T WANNA THE **** U ARE NOT ABLE TO DEAL WITH !

Our Wayfinder Community had no big impact due to the exploit - here is still all in fine conditions. So pls stop making those "jokes" about our "dead" server blabla or we will move over and kick your asses, before we move back to our little paradise ;-)

Best greetings from good old germany

Zotze
    - Proud Officer of Decameron / Cannith -

Zangesh qui Clades (Lvl.28), Fire Shiradi Sorc - Bladeforged 14 Sorc / 4 FvS / 2 Pala
    (3xPL Wizard, 1xPL Sorcerer | Epic Completionist 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Fast Healing, 3x Engery Criticals, 3x Brace, 3x Skill Mastery, 3x Doubleshot, 1xDoublestrike)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Laladi (Lvl.28), Khopesh+Shield Pally - PDK 20 Pala
    (Heroic Completionist | 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Doublestrike, 2x Enchant Weapon, 2x Power over Life and Death)
    Zindragh Zornbinder (Lvl.28), Shuricannon - Drow 20 Monk
    (1xPL Fighter, 3xPL Monk, 1xPL Rouge | 1x Colors of the Queen, 2x Doublestrike, 1x Doubleshot)
    Aibus (Lvl.28) Tank - Purple Dragon Knight 13 FvS / 6 Pala / 1 Fig
    (1xPL Monk, 3xPL Pala)

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

Quote Originally Posted by Zotze View Post
    I say it again and again and again:

WE DON'T WANNA THE **** U ARE NOT ABLE TO DEAL WITH !

Our Wayfinder Community had no big impact due to the exploit - here is still all in fine conditions. So pls stop making those "jokes" about our "dead" server blabla or we will move over and kick your asses, before we move back to our little paradise ;-)

Best greetings from good old germany

Zotze

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    - Proud Officer of Decameron / Cannith -

Zangesh qui Clades (Lvl.28), Fire Shiradi Sorc - Bladeforged 14 Sorc / 4 FvS / 2 Pala
    (3xPL Wizard, 1xPL Sorcerer | Epic Completionist 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Fast Healing, 3x Engery Criticals, 3x Brace, 3x Skill Mastery, 3x Doubleshot, 1xDoublestrike)
    Laladi (Lvl.28), Khopesh+Shield Pally - PDK 20 Pala
    (Heroic Completionist | 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Doublestrike, 2x Enchant Weapon, 2x Power over Life and Death)
    Zindragh Zornbinder (Lvl.28), Shuricannon - Drow 20 Monk
    (1xPL Fighter, 3xPL Monk, 1xPL Rouge | 1x Colors of the Queen, 2x Doublestrike, 1x Doubleshot)
    Aibus (Lvl.28) Tank - Purple Dragon Knight 13 FvS / 6 Pala / 1 Fig
    (1xPL Monk, 3xPL Pala)

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    To all the people saying to perma-ban, let me give you a real life scenario. Jesus fed several thousand men using only a few loaves of bread and a couple fish. He is deemed a religious idol and savior. Someone turns 5 LDS into 10,000 and you scream ban them forever! :-P
    Jesus wasnt selling the fish and bread.

Community Member

Remove AH and ASAH from game. Period.

Probably would stifle the reason to dupe imo.

Perma ban the offenders and delete their accounts, without refund (if paid in advance)

Yes people will whine, they cant BUY POWER, anymore.

I say shutup and go run quests for loot ya lazy bums.

Gee wonder why D3 removed the AH from their game?

/necro.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728