Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Aren't all of these threads discussing exploits against the rules?
    Clearly Turbine either doesn't care about people who break the rules or they have bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by fredericko View Post
    If reading someone calling a spade a spade disgusts you, then you'd better start pouring some sugar on it because you are not going to get anything else from me. People who cheat are called cheaters, here and in Vladivostok. But to answer your post:

No one is asking for HDD formatting, just permabanning from an inconsecuential DDO game. A proportionate punishment for the offense at hand. Also, by the time someone reaches the adult stage of his life you would expect that person to know he/she can be held accountable for their own deeds. Still, some people are behaving as if things weren't that way - as if they could actually do whatever they want, whenever they want, however, they want, and not only get away with it but also when they are caught red handed in the thick of it be arrogant enough as to tell other people to shut their mouths, or evern worse, pretend cheaters are the victims. It doesn't work like that; not for adults anyway.

About the "holier-than-thou" half-veiled insult. If someone keeps behaving like usual, abiding by the ToS - CoC, it's panifully obvious his/her moral standings are where they always were. If someone, however, decides to stoop below the sanctioned code of conduct by cheating, it is *him* and he alone the one who is by definition going below the moral standings of the ToS - CoC abiding players. It is part of the conscious choice the cheater has made. Don't like it? Don't do it. Simple as that.
    Alright, I'll admit I may have went a little far with the whole sector 0 thing, but clearly my earlier posts in this mess would have given some light to where I was standing when I said it. I never once mentioned that the people who are caught with their wrong doings should be let off scot free, but the extreme that people are touting and then having the gall to try to keep themselves on such an elevated high ground that it makes the situation seem to be the worst thing in the world is what set me off.

I'll reiterate: cheating sucks when it happens, but with all this talk of real life analogy to a game (rules, laws, blah blah blah), no one is taking a second to even try to you know, look outside the game and see the same thing goes on every day, but while people wantonly express their desire to use an MMO (take your pick) as an escape, those same people are quick to throw in the real life comparisons when stuff like this happens. It's disturbing to say the least.

And again, I'll spell it out clearly so this whole thing doesn't get twisted once more: I think the cheaters should be punished. Turbine will decide it, not those who are (lets play the advocate and use the RL analogies, shall we?) slighted with the rules being broken with a rallying try to punish those caught with theft the death penalty. You want "justice" and what is right? Careful what you wish for, since the lines seem to be getting blurred around these parts.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Justifying the impact of value doesn't make it anymore right. One little boost in crafting or making thousands in shards is still an exploit. It wasn't just about the value of duplicating unlimited times, it was also another reason to not run content. We have complained about a declining population and tough to fill groups for many months. This exploit was potentially a killer in that regard. The impact of this exploit was already getting pretty widespread before Turbine finally stopped it. Its the worst exploit I have seen in over 4 years. There is no room in this game for exploiters and hope Turbine makes examples out of the worst ones. I would rather have a lower population and have Turbine enforce a healthier gaming atmosphere than to allow shenanigans with a pink back of the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    Which is much cheaper if you fly a lot.

<rimshot>

... ... ...

I'll get my coat.
    Frickin' United charges 25 bucks for the first one now!

Quote Originally Posted by wonko_the_sane View Post
    This is really kindergarten stuff here, y'all:
    Keep your promises. Don't cheat.

The attempted "reasoning" of the justifiers stinks like the pile that it is.

I think we'd be better without these folks in our community.

Additionally, it would amuse and satisfy to see their toons chained up and sent to Wheloon.

Maybe don't ban the accounts. Just don't let them create any more characters/accounts so they can log on and see themselves chained up in Wheloon. This would probably be more amusing if they were to log back on after a 2-week ban thinking they were in the clear and able to benefit from their ill-gotten goods.
    I 2nd that.
    Roobee, the Fallen Child of Darkness
    Guild leader of Friends of Dorothy
    http://friends-of-dorothy.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    Vegan donuts. They exist, but they are very hard to find.

ETA: I'm not vegan, or even vegetarian, but I'm a big animal rights person and I'm usually racked with guilt whenever I eat meat. Especially pork. Pigs are intelligent and awesome.
    Indeed - Pigs are awesome... in the right glaze

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Aren't all of these threads discussing exploits against the rules?
    They used to be. Once Tolero and Cordovan get some sleep, they'll catch up and we'll all get infracted as necessary.

Community Member

Gah, they merged our donuts and veganism thread with the Shard Exchange Temporarily Unavailable thread. Apparently threads specifically not discussing exploits are an exploit. ::head explodes::
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Gah, they merged our donuts and veganism thread with the Shard Exchange Temporarily Unavailable thread. Apparently threads specifically not discussing exploits are an exploit. ::head explodes::
    But it does make for an interesting read

I have to assume that the contents and organization of this thread after all these merges is comparable to what the DDO code looks like at this point.

i was wondering why all a sudden the thread exploded.. xD i want a cannibalistic vegan donut... xD

I have to assume that the contents and organization of this thread after all these merges is comparable to what the DDO code looks like at this point.
    /threadwin

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eistander View Post
    Alright, I'll admit I may have went a little far with the whole sector 0 thing, but clearly my earlier posts in this mess would have given some light to where I was standing when I said it. I never once mentioned that the people who are caught with their wrong doings should be let off scot free, but the extreme that people are touting and then having the gall to try to keep themselves on such an elevated high ground that it makes the situation seem to be the worst thing in the world is what set me off.

And again, I'll spell it out clearly so this whole thing doesn't get twisted once more: I think the cheaters should be punished. Turbine will decide it, not those who are (lets play the advocate and use the RL analogies, shall we?) slighted with the rules being broken with a rallying try to punish those caught with theft the death penalty. You want "justice" and what is right? Careful what you wish for, since the lines seem to be getting blurred around these parts.
    I'll say this again: I'm in the very same ground I was five or six years ago when I began playing this game, no higher, no lower. But if someone is eligible for a ban, and I am not, it is glaringly obvious we are not standing on the same ground, period. It's the offender's fault if he has consciously and willingly decided to stoop below what's acceptable according to the ToS, and I have _nothing_ to do with his decision, it was not _my_ choice, and henceforth I am _not_ to blame for the cheaters standing.

What's all that smorgasbord about "justice"? "Justice" is a pretty big word for a MMORPG forum, don't you think? I'm just a legit player that, like many others, won't play with cheaters, end of story. If it comes down to me the worst offenders need to be banned, period. But banned _from an Internet game_, not from their jobs, wives, kids, and countries.

Quote Originally Posted by kyostal View Post
    i was wondering why all a sudden the thread exploded.. xD i want a cannibalistic vegan donut... xD
    with a side of 'sploits and a large Dr Pepper, please.

Community Member

wow havn't been on in a week and DDo goes crazy lol. But i understand. I agree that yea banning anyone who touched dup items and is suspect should be delt with. But I also agree that banning a huge chunk of players is prolly bad for everyone.
    Instead I suggest devs simply delete any character associated with duplicated items and profit of such. I imagine that if devs can track toons that posted or bought items via the exchange. hell I would even suggest pulling down ddo for a few days so ppl can't shift inventory, track out the majority delete characters associated with trans action (items tr banks anything on associated toon). That way for those willing to stay get a second chance with a steep pen and those who rage quite will have been delt with accordinly.

Quote Originally Posted by monkolous100 View Post
    ...That way for those willing to stay get a second chance with a steep pen and those who rage quite will have been delt with accordinly.
    But will they go vegan is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    They used to be. Once Tolero and Cordovan get some sleep, they'll catch up and we'll all get infracted as necessary.
    Cordovan? Who's that? He went with Phax and some others over to Batmans' town.

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...?8-IC_Cordovan

With Phax gone no wonder the raid/quest repeat timers list is still in 1970's zork display text mode after 7 years. He used to be our UI guy.

Yes yes... I know the CS peoples work across multiple games as needed.

Wondering if Eladrin is over there now too.
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

At least the DEV's search works(presumably) for the code. Its still broke here

Community Member

vegan eh? ur diet is in vain there is prolly face everywhere from ur sneakers to ur lawn industry wastes nothing these days.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast