Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Default Give them what they were asking for.

Selfish behaviour as displayed by exploit users makes players leave the game. No point in discussing this, I have seen it happen often enough. Of course, those cheaters couldn't care less - they're happy as long as they can feel superior ( l33t ), use whichever exploit to get an advantage, and betray the community.

Exploit users are a breed of players this community does not need. Also, there are rules.

For harming the community and violating the rules, those exploit users should be banned - temporarily in mild to moderate cases, permanent in severe cases. I consider posting replicated items for shards as severe.

Ban them. We don't want them, we don't need them.

Period.
    Roobee, the Fallen Child of Darkness
    Guild leader of Friends of Dorothy
    http://friends-of-dorothy.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LXP View Post
    Selfish behaviour as displayed by exploit users makes players leave the game. No point in discussing this, I have seen it happen often enough. Of course, those cheaters couldn't care less - they're happy as long as they can feel superior ( l33t ), use whichever exploit to get an advantage, and betray the community.

Exploit users are a breed of players this community does not need. Also, there are rules.

For harming the community and violating the rules, those exploit users should be banned - temporarily in mild to moderate cases, permanent in severe cases. I consider posting replicated items for shards as severe.

Ban them. We don't want them, we don't need them.

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Even more:
    Ban everyone who commented on a thread, then everyone who commented on any thread any banned people ever vieved. Repeat as many times as possible.

Then what you said is on point after reading everyone’s comments what you said is basically how it seems some people are feeling about this situation and if most of the DDO community feels the same way DDO should proceed with what they are doing (14 day Ban ) do a rollback and put those accounts who participated in the duplication on probation and if those accounts participate in any other exploiting in the future then proceed with banning the exploiter. If the part of the community that feels so strongly about banning those that were exploiting forbid the rollback then obviously the duplicating isn’t that big of a deal to them as they put it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanatosPower View Post
    Then what you said is on point after reading everyone’s comments what you said is basically how it seems some people are feeling about this situation and if most of the DDO community feels the same way DDO should proceed with what they are doing (14 day Ban ) do a rollback and put those accounts who participated in the duplication on probation and if those accounts participate in any other exploiting in the future then proceed with banning the exploiter. If the part of the community that feels so strongly about banning those that were exploiting forbid the rollback then obviously the duplicating isn’t that big of a deal to them as they put it out to be.

Sadly.. i agree.. if a punishment should be done.. temp ban or whatever for x number of days.. and roll the server back about... a months worth.. considering the dupe glitch came about when u19 hit. if people then see that roll back would take a month of their play time.. and completly eradicate it from existance.. maybe they would be less likely to throw around the banhammer blame... id be willing to bet that some who are fueling the fire for a witch hunt are witches them selves...

Community Member

another if the system cant stop me i should just take what i want threads..................................yay

If its obvious that its not working as it should then you shouldnt be suprised when your cheating self gets slapped down.. It doesnt make it right to take advantage of a bug. It really sad when people cant take responsiblity for doing wrong especially when they know they are doing wrong.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Superhik View Post
    Stupidity and sheer negligence towards the quality of a product developed by multimillion company should have the same extent of repercussions if not larger than taking advantage of the mentioned stupidity.
    Given the fact, priority in a just scenario ought to be put into an internal investigation.
    Users of this product simply put, only played the cards they where dealt with, wonderfully if I might add.
    So what youre saying is that since i can buy a knife, its ok to stab people with it?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Are you saying I didn't paraphrase your OP accurately? Would you like to elaborate more and explain what you really meant to say?
    It's clear from what he wrote that he in no way implied that he was made to do anything. You're putting words into his mouth and being rude, disingenuous, and kind of annoying.

I do partly agree with the OP, things that reach the live servers should be finished product. Yet most updates require hotfixes.

This MMO does its utmost to nickel and dime us every chance it can. They intentionally create problems that require us to buy (often inadequate) solutions.

It's made even clearer by the fact that they only shut down the ASAH, and not the plat house. Astral Shards, which they insist are not real currency, are treated with more priority than platinum (the same AS that were removed from Dice rolls, meaning that all new AS must be injected into the game though TP purchases).

They clearly view their customers as being there only for the purposes of paying. So why should the customer base feel any more compunction than the developer?

If players want to remove countless hours of playability with the dupe exploit, or use twists to power level with streaks at levels they shouldn't be able to do normally the only deterrent, from my point of view, seems to be loss of fun.

Considering the crowds I was seeing around banks all day before the hotfix, I don't think a lot of people are as self-righteous as you seem to be Stoerm.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    So what youre saying is that since i can buy a knife, its ok to stab people with it?
    is it ok to sell car with internal flaws that can cause injuries not only to owner but also to others? - such questions are absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I do partly agree with the OP, things that reach the live servers should be finished product.
    "Should" again. All software has bugs, and anyone who's spent some time in DDO knows the codebase is a steaming pile. It still doesn't change the rules you've agreed to when playing.

The OP's suggestion that it's not only OK but laudable to exploit bugs, and that Turbine should be punished instead of the exploiters is such a juvenile load of bollox it deserves every bit of hyperbole and ridicule it gets.

Considering the crowds I was seeing around banks all day before the hotfix, I don't think a lot of people are as self-righteous as you seem to be Stoerm.
    So it's ok to break rules if you do it en masse?

Don't break the rules if you can't take the punishment. Creating a thread like this crying about repercussions you *knew* would be coming is just sad.
    Last edited by stoerm; 10-09-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    "Should" again. All software has bugs, and anyone who's spent some time in DDO knows the codebase is a steaming pile. It still doesn't change the rules you've agreed to when playing.

The OP's suggestion that it's not only OK but laudable to exploit bugs, and that Turbine should be punished instead of the exploiters is such a juvenile load of bollox it deserves every bit of hyperbole and ridicule it gets.

So it's ok to break rules if you do it en masse?
    The knife thing wasn't a hyperbole, it was either a metaphor or allegory, though similar, still different and a poor and twisted one at that.
    Teach your kids that as well.
    Also teach them the true meaning of justice. If they release a faulty product, why should consumers face the consequences of their faults. Players play the game they're presented, if they presented it more polished this wouldn't have happened. Am against sanctions to players for playing the game in a state Turbine presents it at.

It's clear from what he wrote that he in no way implied that he was made to do anything. You're putting words into his mouth and being rude, disingenuous, and kind of annoying.

I do partly agree with the OP, things that reach the live servers should be finished product. Yet most updates require hotfixes.

This MMO does its utmost to nickel and dime us every chance it can. They intentionally create problems that require us to buy (often inadequate) solutions.

It's made even clearer by the fact that they only shut down the ASAH, and not the plat house. Astral Shards, which they insist are not real currency, are treated with more priority than platinum (the same AS that were removed from Dice rolls, meaning that all new AS must be injected into the game though TP purchases).

They clearly view their customers as being there only for the purposes of paying. So why should the customer base feel any more compunction than the developer?

If players want to remove countless hours of playability with the dupe exploit, or use twists to power level with streaks at levels they shouldn't be able to do normally the only deterrent, from my point of view, seems to be loss of fun.

I hope they ban each and every one of them

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    is it ok to sell car with internal flaws that can cause injuries not only to owner but also to others? - such questions are absurd
    If you have a car that is supposd to stop people from crashing into others, notice that its flawed and after that run down a lot of people for profits and fun, the company is responsible for the flaws. But in any sane country, its not responsible for your actions.

You really are fixated on murder, aren't you?
    Not really, but it makes for a great exaggeration of circumstances. doesnt it.

The knife thing wasn't a hyperbole, it was either a metaphor or allegory, though similar, still different and a poor and twisted one at that.
    Teach your kids that as well.
    Also teach them the true meaning of justice. If they release a faulty product, why should consumers face the consequences of their faults. Players play the game they're presented, if they presented it more polished this wouldn't have happened. Am against sanctions to players for playing the game in a state Turbine presents it at.
    I wasn't referring to any knife thing, but thanks for educating me.

Players play the game whose rules they agreed to. You can invent your own excuses and personal moral codes all you want. You can be against the sanctions all you want. If exploiters aren't punished Turbine will be doing themselves even more damage than by letting those bugs slip through. Keep crying.
    Last edited by stoerm; 10-09-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Community Member

This whole attempt to equate exploitation with bugs, or claim that exploitation is justified because of bugs, or similar -- it's a load of nonsense. Anyone who thinks exploits like this "help the player" is either one of those incredibly weak people who can only have fun with a game in "god mode" or simply has no idea how much damage things like this do to the game as a whole.

Tell me -- are you "helped" by the sort of disruption we've seen to the game over the last few days? On Sarlona at least, the already nearly-dead LFM panel has been one step closer to permanent mortality.

Are you "helped" by having some of the few things that anyone had to work for, or look forward to, destroyed? Like the two rarest augments, reasons to hope for a lucky drop running EE content, now so common as to be barely worth anything? That "helps" you how exactly?

How about the many people who have stopped playing, some never to return? Like those who spent real money on AS to buy items that are now pretty much worthless?

I'm personally having a hard time even wanting to log on of late. This was a direct consequence of this exploit, the number of people who apparently think exploits are fine, and Turbines lackadaisical response to it. And it's funny, but something about looking at other games has taken the veneer off this one and made me realize just how out of date, poorly maintained and lacking in content and activities this one is. Even though the other game I tried has much simpler character progression and combat, there's a lot more to do. As opposed to this one, where I have to *find* ways to keep myself occupied.

Every time things like this happen, it motivates more people to look elsewhere. And some of them will stay where they go. Is that "helping" you as a player?

I'm almost certainly cancelling my VIP membership at the end of the year and spending that $100 on a different game, and this exploit was the straw that broke the camel's back. I know it was for others as well. Is Turbine getting less money "helping" you as a player?
    Last edited by Qaliya; 10-09-2013 at 06:05 AM.

No it doesn't, pardon dude, but under any circumstances, it most certainly doesn't.
    Comparing moral and humane implications or lack of thereof involved in taking another life be it animal or human to taking advantage of a poorly coded, half-baked commercial money grabbing spit that is now called DDO is considered deviant and abnormal, inhumane, at least in my book.
    I have no sympathy what so ever for people who think morality is something you dont need to think about when you cant see who it hurts. Thus your opinion has no value to me, since you aberrant in my book.

Refered post got deleted.
    Last edited by LXP; 10-10-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Refered post got deleted.
    Roobee, the Fallen Child of Darkness
    Guild leader of Friends of Dorothy
    http://friends-of-dorothy.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    No. What he is saying is if you are going to hold your players responsible, then the developer should be equally responsible for allowing such a stupid mistake to hit live. If I recall correctly there was a thread somewhere in the Lamannia forums about this exploit (aka it was known before it hit live).
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-09-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Smile

Thank You kindly for a sparkle of sanity here

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast