Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Or CITW with no chests possible.
    OK, OK, let's not get carried away. There IS such a thing as the Geneva Convention.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Resulting in them getting arrested, scared straight, and being released early for good behavior - choosing to go all around the country telling their story to young 'uns so they won't make the same mistake he did.
    Or, alternatively, dead in an alley. Of the two, my money's on the latter, not like I haven't seen anyone pull off the former a time or two.

Community Member

I log in. they did'nt reverse my buying, i also resold some as they were getting cheaper.
    I'm not expecting them to fix all this. as by now the market goes BOOM.
    there are still hundred copied items for sell and sure in backpack of all people.
    I think i'll not logging for some days. i'm quite sure turbine is not capable to handle it.
    Quartermaster you can answer to this. Thx all cheaters for ruining more the game HF.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

1. Ban all exploiters.
    2. To be sure, ban everyone who ever partied with any banned person.
    3. Also, ban guildies of everyone banned.
    4. Now ban everyone who was ever trading with anyone banned.
    5. Ban everyone who is on the same channels as banned players.
    6. Repeat steps 2-5 to be absolutely sure.
    7. ???
    8. Profit!

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default I can't holdit any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    OMG . . . that's better than banning. Lock exploiters in the Wheloon prison area for a few weeks.
    Make them suffer the unrelenting purple!

Default Satire, do you get it?!?

at least my solution is reasonable even if my opening was as over the top as the responses in this thread.

err on the side of cautiousness as response with a firm response in the best interest of the game.

purging there players bass of anyone who did anything? before they do look at how much money all those players spent, expansions, ddo points bonus days.

look at everything even from a player base %, employee base.

and make the best decision out of a bad situation possible.

obviously don't believe perma-banning/firings are in the best interest of the game
    Kyokoi - 26th life, Completionist Barb
    Zornly 13th life, Cleric
    Zornley 3rd life, Sharadi Wiz Proud Officer of ToySoldiers

Community Member

Default read your user agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaros View Post
    I am very disturbed by the turn DDO has taken recently. Players being banned for exploits is wrong. If something is not working as intended, it is Turbine's responsibility to fix it.

This isn't like stealing from an unlocked but closed grocery store. That is against the rules of society (a.k.a. the law).

The rules of DDO are programmed into the game. My brother once said "How do you cheat at a computer game?" Short of hacking I would say that you can't. What qualifies as an 'exploit/cheat' is a matter of opinion. I have met players who consider artificers and/or other casters to be an exploit/cheat. The line between exploit/cheat and being a good player who uses the rules well is subjective.

To see Turbine waste resources 'investigating accounts', instead of fixing problems, ticks me off. I reported the conjure bolts bug about 2 years ago, as far as I can tell, all they have done is add it to the list of known issues. A player named Kalda threatened to hunt me down and kill me (in real life) because I had a toon with a name that started with the letters k-a-l, he was not banned. At most he received a tell. So death threats are OK, but if a player uses the rules THAT TURBINE PROGRAMMED in a way Turbine failed to anticipate and doesn't like, they will get banned? The thing I love about this game is that I have tremendous flexibility to come up with novel approaches, and new ways to use the rules to maximize my effectiveness. I am not interested in continuing to play if I need to worry about getting banned for using the rules that they programmed.

I spend several hundred a year on this game (which again, some players will consider a cheat/exploit). I will be checking back to see how this 'investigation' is handled. I am too disgusted to play tonight. If something is broken like this, or not WAI, Turbine should fix it. If Turbine continues this new policy of regularly banning players instead of fixing things, I will cancel my subscription. I am not interested in participating in a pretend society where we should live in constant fear that the secret police will ban us for some infraction that shouldn't have been possible if they consider it an infraction.
    Turbine might be at fault for the bugs in question & maybe you should've gone higher up with your complaints if you feel actions taken weren't enough but you have to remeber maybe you should read your user agreement. Let me remind you it states we won't willingly exploit bugs & glitches & to do so is in violation of said agreement. So yes people who constantly abused this should be punished

don't steal, turbine hates the competition
    * Michaelaz *Myfavwizzy * Medalert * Mikeaz * Kernall * Myfavsoul * MyOrc * Myfav * Myfavsorc *

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    1. Ban all exploiters.
    7. ???
    8. Profit!
    You forgot to mention banning everyone who even commented in the bring on the ban threads. Oh and let's not forget those who viewed threads, best to get them all in one round.

Community Member

Default Because

Quote Originally Posted by kerupted View Post
    i ran thru a bunch of lives collecting things just becuz, i never really looked into my bags becuz if i needed something i just checked my bags then hit up AH/guildies/friends/trade channel. i had a few ppl asking me for random items from red/green bags. they needed 1-3+ of items and i usually just give them away since thats my usual thing to help ppl if i have stuff. normally anything under 100k was just hand outs, since i crafted items with master craftsmanship that was better then most random gen'd or named items. i normally keeped an abundance of force/ac ritual stuff and gave away the rest as needed. does that count as helping since i wasnt informed of how to do the DUP which i found out later is why ppl were asking ppl for 3 of things?

im just looking for a small hint of who is gonna get in trouble, is it purely the accounts that used the duplication method or ppl who grabbed from ASAH/plat AH or in trades from being in the dark. this was out for atleast a week b4 i found out 2 days ago.

i just curious becuz i was gonna be buying some points this weekend, put on hold now. i am wondering so i can just go buy something else, like a new headset, and just get points on another date. i will still get points, timer bypasses are my bane.
    ....just saying.
    Valiant Accord

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Forum rules are still in effect. Going through for some clean up on isle 5 then will reopen the thread. From here on out, further personal attacks and name calling will result in steeper-than-usual infractions. You've been warned.
    I think that this post, in part, referred to a nasty post directed at me. Ironically it has still convinced me to cancel my subscription (which I did before posting this). This new hardline attitude is unacceptable. If there is a flaw in your program. You should quietly fix it. You should not try to suppress all information about it while pointedly not fixing it (as Turbine has been doing until recently). You also shouldn't give in to your tyrannical impulses, whipping out the banhammer, and trying to sow fear among your customers with dire warnings about 'investigations', and inconsistently enforced rules that randomly get harsher at whim (as Turbine is doing now). I refuse to pay to pretend to live in a culture of fear, never knowing when I'm going to be investigated. Shall I live in fear of banning because I used Spectral Gloves against an incorporeal enemy with a ranged weapon? The description clearly states that it is for melee weapons. Shall we all live in fear of being investigated? An investigation of any given player would almost certainly turn up something that SOMEONE would consider cheating.

Notably I did not in any way participate in the duplication exploit. I don't even know what NPC people are referring to and I have never bought anything off of the SE, and nothing suspicious off of the AH.

Some food for thought as I'm leaving. The following is a list of things that I have heard people refer to as cheating/exploiting and things that some people obviously would consider cheating/exploiting (note many people consider anything smacking of 'pay to win' cheating):
    Running an artificer
    Running any other caster
    Using UMD to cast spells with scrolls/wands
    Using the AH to buy good items
    Buying anything from the DDO store (tomes are a particularly common complaint)
    Using 'safe' spots (killing a monster from a place they cannot attack)
    Using buyback to gain multiple copies of exclusive items
    Using Spectral Gloves or similar items against incorporeal targets with ranged weapons
    Jumping in place while firing ranged weapons to build up Archer's Focus (to avoid many attacks)
    Using epic destiny twists at heroic levels
    Using Adrenaline Overload with Manyshot (particularly with Slaying Arrows)
    Multi-classing
    Using Elven/Half-Elf Arcane Archers that aren't rangers
    Creating warforged characters
    Duplicating items (not sure how they did it this time, but regardless, I have seen other ways of doing it in the past)

Notably, this list is incomplete (it was just the things I could think of off the top of my head). Also notable is that there will be wildly conflicting opinions on whether or not any given item on that list is ACTUALLY cheating (with various rationalizations on both sides). And they are all just that: opinions. Banning people over this sort of thing just creates a climate of fear, that ruins the game a lot more than: 'that guy just used Healing Spring at 15th level!' (whiney 6-year-old voice)

If there is a problem with the game (and I do consider several items on the list problems) it should be fixed. But, it is Turbine's responsibility to fix the problem. I was a paying player, and I refuse to pay to live in constant fear that someone will come along and have me banned for what they consider to be cheating. It would also help if Turbine actually fixed the bugs that are reported. I have a list on my desktop of 18 bugs (note that some of those are in turn links to lists of bugs) that I have reported that have gone unfixed. And, I stopped reporting bugs or adding them to the list a long time ago, because none were getting fixed. Now instead of fixing these bugs, Turbine is going to investigate and ban people who might use bugs to their advantage (or that run afoul of some auto-ban protocol)? So, Turbine has the resources to program in a protocol to auto-ban people that use an exploit, but not the resources to fix that exploit? And to respond to the poster that apparently lives in a barter economy: by resources I was partly referring to money. Turbine is wasting resources by spending money on salaries/wages/overtime for administrators to investigate and ban, rather than spending money on salaries/wages/overtime for programmers to fix the exploits. I'm supposed to tolerate this treatment? I don't think so. My subscription is already cancelled, and I will be uninstalling presently. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaros View Post
    */snip!.
    Alright. So this "warning" was the last straw, then you used the list which was completely player-driven (save for the last example of course) as an excuse to leave the game? Um.. best of luck to you..? Seeing as how I have absolutely no idea how you made the leap from personal attacks and a warning from the mods to what you were mentioning in your last post.

Seriously, you might need to pull away from the computer for a little while for your own well being. It might help.

P.S. And people thought my posts made me sound guilty? Dang lol..
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Ok guys, read this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-One-%E2%84%A2

And now how many of those super lawfull forum good paladins that want to throw rocks and permbans use for eg safe spots in quests? Cuz its kinda clear here that its exploit. Look at yourself than demand justice on others, leave punishment in turbine hands and stop whining.
    Godscraft / Godcraft / Millusia / Judet / Vvi - Orien

Proud memeber of The Matrix

walls are meant to be jumped, monsters are meant to be trapped inside a wall or another monster and any edge is meant to be used like wildfire!!!! mwahahahahahahah. Who here became a billionaire overnight when people still actually cared about crystal cove?
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    You forgot to mention banning everyone who even commented in the bring on the ban threads. Oh and let's not forget those who viewed threads, best to get them all in one round.
    Oh, now THAT's a good add.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbatastic View Post
    Seriously, who thinks running Don't Drink The Water 250 times for 1 set of green armor in a row is fun...
    Grinding is something DDO has been loosing over the years we need more grinding not this lets buy everything, DDO thinks they will make more money this way when the truth is users are just playing when an update comes out get what they need then go off playing some irrelevant game till the next update, now that loot is getting extremely easy to get people aren’t playing as long and playing that irrelevant game which makes it completely relevant, so what I am getting at is what you think is bad for you is actually good, what do you plan on doing after you get everything you want? stand around in the harbor all day or play another game?

Thumbs down

1. Ban all exploiters.
    7. ???
    8. Profit!
    Seriously? Mite as well said shut down DDO...

Quote Originally Posted by ThanatosPower View Post

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Even more:
    Ban everyone who commented on a thread, then everyone who commented on any thread any banned people ever vieved. Repeat as many times as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanatosPower View Post

Community Member

Even more:
    Ban everyone who commented on a thread, then everyone who commented on any thread any banned people ever vieved. Repeat as many times as possible.
    Awesome idea! That does leave some folks all by their lonesome... So let's extend the ban invites to those who viewed thread titles the previously banned people had participated in.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast