Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by parowan View Post
    People who take this option in life stay in their comfortable hobbit holes and never have any adventures.
    They also don't wind up strung out on Crack, breaking into your house for money to pay for their next fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    They also don't wind up strung out on Crack, breaking into your house for money to pay for their next fix.
    Neither will the people who go in, since they can just clone a lifetime's worth of crack.

Default I want to first say I took no part in the asah cheat

But i personally would like to never see the asah ever return we have an in game plat ah using game currency while waste real money on a game for items. It is no different then when this game first started and we would constantly get tells about buying plat or items for real cash the only difference here is where ddo banned those people from using those services they took over the market of selling items for real money. It wasn't to bad in the beginning when you could roll ddo dice for as but they even took that chance away. Now it is just spend your cash for items! In my opinion the whole asah is a bad idea and should be permanently removed! At that point you wouldn't see junk items being listed for 2 million plat you would begin to see nice items coming into the game on the plat ah and plat would be useful again! Also once again the trade forum would be worth something for trading rare items for other rare items you may need.

Quote Originally Posted by parowan View Post
    People who take this option in life stay in their comfortable hobbit holes and never have any adventures.
    So you take candy from strangers? You can have plenty of adventures without blindly following a stranger into a building. Smart adventurers
    live long enough to tell their tale. I live in a city where people offer you things everyday. 99% of them are scammers or waiting to catch
    you off guard, so maybe I'm a bit cynical towards the scenario that was presented.

Funny sig btw.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    reward u for not doing something you knew you shouldn't? you should talk to my kids about that proposal.
    Reward for resisting a temptation is positive reinforcement. It is a good thing.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post

Funny sig btw.

Thanks lol
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

Community Member

Default Keep Duplication

Seriously, who thinks running Don't Drink The Water 250 times for 1 set of green armor in a row is fun...

Default small concern

i ran thru a bunch of lives collecting things just becuz, i never really looked into my bags becuz if i needed something i just checked my bags then hit up AH/guildies/friends/trade channel. i had a few ppl asking me for random items from red/green bags. they needed 1-3+ of items and i usually just give them away since thats my usual thing to help ppl if i have stuff. normally anything under 100k was just hand outs, since i crafted items with master craftsmanship that was better then most random gen'd or named items. i normally keeped an abundance of force/ac ritual stuff and gave away the rest as needed. does that count as helping since i wasnt informed of how to do the DUP which i found out later is why ppl were asking ppl for 3 of things?

im just looking for a small hint of who is gonna get in trouble, is it purely the accounts that used the duplication method or ppl who grabbed from ASAH/plat AH or in trades from being in the dark. this was out for atleast a week b4 i found out 2 days ago.

i just curious becuz i was gonna be buying some points this weekend, put on hold now. i am wondering so i can just go buy something else, like a new headset, and just get points on another date. i will still get points, timer bypasses are my bane.
    Officer of STORM LORDS

KREYLIA/TRAPSIN/DEZINIGOMOH/FREEHEALER/SMECKZY/IMDEADLY

Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    what about the fourth option...walking away from a stranger offering things to good to be true?
    But they are true, my friend. It IS ... WAS possible, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Default profit

I bet turbine made more profit from bag sales in the last few days than they have made in a month. Do you realy think that they are going to ban 80% of all servers when this EVENT!! has netted them higher revenue in 2 days than the last 10 events combined?
    Smash and Grab

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Opensezame View Post
    There seem to be a few people taking a "moral high ground" with this.

Anybody's actions in a a game do not reflect who they are as real people.
    I call BS on that statement...

So what you're saying is that people using coarse language, racial slurs in chat and voice chat and that descriminate in their LFMs do not behave that way outside the game? That somehow the game only brings out the worst possible behaviour in people? But that's ok because it's not real life? Or on the flip side, that guild mate who happily and generously passed you that supreme shard in the last shroud run is really a greedy SOB in real life that would never share anything?

I believe and I am of the opinion that how you behave in ANY medium is who you are as a person. What I am reading out of your statement is bascialy that it's ok to take a morality holiday when it's convenient just because you don't consider it to be "real life" because it's online...

I have news for you, the internet and the technology that runs things like online games, social networking, forums, bulletin boards are very much a part of "real life". How many people schedule their vacations around DDO in this community? How many people take time out of their everyday family life to play DDO? How many people get upset when there is an outage because that was the only time they had to play in their "real life" ... DDO is more a part of people's lives in this community than you give credit...so if that is the case, then DDO must be another aspect of real life, just like any other game, hobby or pass time that you participate in. Just because you can take on a fake name and parade around anonymously using an alias doesn't make it any less real. If people's toons where linked to their "true indentities" and that someone could actually find you after you trolled them in a forum post, scammed them in a trade or they saw you exploiting a bug do you seriously think people would still behave the way they do?

What makes poeple think this isn't "real life" is the sense of anonymity the internet gives you. Take that away and I guarantee you most people will adjust their behaviours.

You don't magically go off into a void space time continuim fantasy land when you log into DDO where you actions and behaviour is not associated to you as a person and have no reactions to your actions, you are in front of a technology device of some sort (PC, laptop, game console, etc...) that allows you to interact with other REAL human beings that exist in our reality. These people make up a community, within that community we have a certain set of moral values and standards that are no differnt than any other community that exist in society today.

People need to start realising that what you do online is no different that what you do offline and it is a relfection of who you are as a person.

Community Member

In regards to the item duplications, it is in fact a form of stealing. That fact that it is possible does not make it right. I could, theoretically walk into a store and pocket any various inventory, and walk out. Without being caught. Does that mean it's legal? No. Banning seems to be the word of the day. I, however offer an alternative. The accounts/characters that have seriously infringed on this, could be brought back down to level 1, their equipment stripped, banks emptied, ect. The infractors would still be able to play, but, would lose their 'edge'. In real life, a thief not only has to pay for what was stolen, but, must make restitution, as well. I see no reason why it could not be so in game.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    ...How many people schedule their vacations around DDO in this community?..
    Yikes.

Please don't schedule your vacations around DDO, hardcore gamers. :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    I call BS on that statement...

So what you're saying is that people using coarse language, racial slurs in chat and voice chat and that descriminate in their LFMs do not behave that way outside the game?
    Nice of you to turn this around... Racism had nothing to do with what I posted. What my post referred to was the morality of the exploit, and the people who have are probably decent law abiding people. Racism and discrimination have no place anywhere and I think you should note I do not condone this in any way.
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydigger7out View Post
    I bet turbine made more profit from bag sales in the last few days than they have made in a month. Do you realy think that they are going to ban 80% of all servers when this EVENT!! has netted them higher revenue in 2 days than the last 10 events combined?
    You have it wrong ......

Ignore exploit since U19
    Sell massive amounts of storage and bags
    Ban exploiters AFTER selling all that storage
    Profit !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    In regards to the item duplications, it is in fact a form of stealing. That fact that it is possible does not make it right. I could, theoretically walk into a store and pocket any various inventory, and walk out. Without being caught. Does that mean it's legal? No. Banning seems to be the word of the day. I, however offer an alternative. The accounts/characters that have seriously infringed on this, could be brought back down to level 1, their equipment stripped, banks emptied, ect. The infractors would still be able to play, but, would lose their 'edge'. In real life, a thief not only has to pay for what was stolen, but, must make restitution, as well. I see no reason why it could not be so in game.
    Not really, the store doesn't have their stuff any more. DDO's bug is more like counterfeiting...it has an effect on the economy but as long as you keep your stuff to yourself (which is actually practical when DDO's stuff has value outside of trade, while money does not) then it's not really anyone's business. When you do start messing with the economy, yeah it gets messier there.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    In regards to the item duplications, it is in fact a form of stealing. That fact that it is possible does not make it right. I could, theoretically walk into a store and pocket any various inventory, and walk out. Without being caught. Does that mean it's legal? No.
    This is stealing from a person. If you could walk into a store, look at it and a copy of it would appear in your bag... This would more accurately describe what this exploit is

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Opensezame View Post
    Anybody's actions in a a game do not reflect who they are as real people.
    Actually it shows what they are as real people more accurately than real life - in some ways at least...

When on the internet you are largely protected from the consequences of your actions. That results in actions that are not as heavily enforced by external forces.

A good person wouldn't steal because they believe it's wrong. In or out of a game.

Someone that is willing to steal from other players in a game is showing that the reason that they don't steal in real life is because they are scared of being caught.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not even talking about the exploit in my example above. As for my feeling on the exploit... If you duplicated and didn't try to sell the results (devaluing the currency hurts other players) then I could see a reasonable argument saying that you did nothing wrong. However, if you duplicated and sold the results you were at fault, and did cause harm to others playing the game.
    Last edited by Laeelin; 10-08-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Default I feel it is a shame that things had to be shutdown for people cheating.

I feel it is a shame that things had to be shutdown for people cheating.
    I also remember being a DM. OH do not incur the wrath of the DM. The things the would happen to parties. So given that, What the biggest wrath of the DM that you saw provoked? Please respond and share your horror stories. I turned a male dwarf barbarian into a female drow barbarian. It was the best I could do and it shut the player up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I had a friend who cheated at golf. We all stopped playing with him after a while.

Games have rules for a reason. If people don't follow the rules, the game breaks down. Simple as that, whether you are playing Monopoly, basketball, or a MMO.
    Coulda been some reverse psychology thing - he cheated to get you to stop playing with him because he didn't wanna be the one to tell you.

Kinda like girls in high school... or so I've been told.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast