Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Why aren't many of yours (or Cordovans) posts showing up in the Dev Tracker?
    If I recall they can pick and choose which posts to show in the tracker.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    People aren't mice. Terrible analogy

If you left your door unlocked, and people came in and smashed 90% of your stuff and stole all the rest is that your fault or their fault? I bet you say "Both". But if the police caught the guys, would you say "Nah, don't arrest them... it was partly my fault for leaving the door open."
    Some people are mice.

And in your example, it wouldn't matter much I am sure insurance companies would be wondering about my lack thereof of security.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Community Member

Default Query...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The Shard Exchange is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. Thanks for your cooperation while we conduct the investigations.
    I don't know if someone asked this already, but what If I bought something off of the shard exchange just thinking I was getting a good deal? I know nothing of the exploit. Neither how it was accomplished, or who was doing it. I didn't even know the product I bought was part of an exploit until a guildie logged on after me and saw the splash screen. I am really scared that I could get banned for just thinking I was getting an excellent deal. happy to give the item back in exchange for what I paid.

Anyone have any insight?
    Valiant Accord

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    I don't know if someone asked this already, but what If I bought something off of the shard exchange just thinking I was getting a good deal? I know nothing of the exploit. Neither how it was accomplished, or who was doing it. I didn't even know the product I bought was part of an exploit until a guildie logged on after me and saw the splash screen. I am really scared that I could get banned for just thinking I was getting an excellent deal. happy to give the item back in exchange for what I paid.

Anyone have any insight?
    I expect you will either get to keep the item, or at worst the transaction will be reversed. Likely depends on what it is - if you bought a stack of 100 Globes of Imperial Blood it will be obvious you knew you were buying duped items; if you bought a single one (as I did from the plat AH before knowing they were being duped), you won't be accused of wrongdoing.

Tolero, if there is a next time, shut the servers down immediately, remove the (redacting which ones) NPCs needed to access the feature being exploited, then you'd have a much smaller workload now.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Wait, I didn't realize the extent of this until I saw the screenshots of stacks of 100s of scales and heard about hundreds of lvl 25-28 augments and true globes of imperial blood being created https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-ruined/page2. If Turbine doesn't reverse the stacks of 100s of these items people created, and ban them, I am leaving the game. I have spent 4 years building up my fortune and storing it in items like scales. If Turbine made these obsolete overnight, and don't reverse the damage, I am quitting the game. No need to have my fortune completely obliterated because someone else exploited.
    how does other people having things make your things worth less, at least you know you earned them legitemately

Quote Originally Posted by Buck3tH3ad69 View Post
    how does other people having things make your things worth less, at least you know you earned them legitemately
    Let's see.

Three days ago if I wanted an EH dragon helm with a good +3 stat I could search through my ingredients bag and ask people 'hey, I'll offer 4 flawless reds for that'.

Now, 200 FRDS would not be accepted.

The in-game economy is a real loss PVP arena, and so cheating in a big way in it has far-reaching effects.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Let's see.

Three days ago if I wanted an EH dragon helm with a good +3 stat I could search through my ingredients bag and ask people 'hey, I'll offer 4 flawless reds for that'.

The in-game economy is a real loss PVP arena, and so cheating in a big way in it has far-reaching effects.
    raid timer bypasses - still valuable, sucks that you put all ur eggs in the scale basket though

Whats the bet that each time theres an update, hotfixes or whatever a bunch of players start messing around with stuff?

Tolero, another request.

Please permaban anyone that you have 'beyond reasonable doubt' was doing significant amounts of duping and any other accounts linked to their credit card, but do not ban anyone where you just think they 'more likely than not' duped.

The game may not survive another large round of false bannings like Maban. It's better that half of the guilty get away than that you catch all the cheats and also 0.1% of the non-cheating population.

think of it this way. if you had 100 of each large ingredient and didn't need shards, would you feel the need to run Shroud? would you feel the need to run anything if you were able to do this unspeakable thing an unlimited amount of times? with tons and tons of people doing this, it would affect the game beyond value of AH and trading.

Let's see.

Was any of it really balanced before this when someone can just buy a bunch of shards with real world money? As soon as real world and game world economies intersect in that manner there is no more in game economy and you're just deluding yourself to believe otherwise.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Probably means 5 day bans instead of 3 day.
    I'm personally hoping for 6 months or longer in the extreme cases. Item duplication is a clear exploit unlike other things in the past, and deserves an appropriate punishment.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

raid timer bypasses - still valuable, sucks that you put all ur eggs in the scale basket though
    He prob didn't hoard at all, but it was nice to run some quests/raids and get some surplus stuff you can trade later if you ever needed anything, now lol people prob try and put everything into the *safest* thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Whats the bet that each time theres an update, hotfixes or whatever a bunch of players start messing around with stuff?
    not that im defending this, but I can see how something like this probably wasn't "messing around with stuff" to find a bug like this. this is something im sure a lot of us do on a regular basis and eventually enough people caught on to the potential of making a quick buck, or AS in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    I'm personally hoping for 6 months or longer in the extreme cases. Item duplication is a clear exploit unlike other things in the past, and deserves an appropriate punishment.
    What you hope for and what history says is likely is very different. It'd be nice if there were perma-bans ddo does have too much of an early and often mindset, but I honestly don't believe that turbine will ever do more than wrist slaps after mayban.

Let's see.

In what reality did reds still have any value?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    not that im defending this, but I can see how something like this probably wasn't "messing around with stuff" to find a bug like this. this is something im sure a lot of us do on a regular basis and eventually enough people caught on to the potential of making a quick buck, or AS in this case.
    I would laugh if some poor sod duplicated some really valuable stuff by accident, bug reported it, then destroyed the duplicated stuff and after this he gets hit with a lengthy bann or worse a perma ban. I know its not funny but.......sometimes things are so messed up you can't help but laugh at how crappy stuff can be.

They prob wont, but didnt a whole bunch of people get banned when they where innocence in the past and the servers where ghost towns? i dont really remember because I think I was away during that time.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-07-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    In what reality did reds still have any value?
    Just because I don't understand why there is demand does not mean there is not demand. Supply was lower than Gianthold flawless scales by a factor of 10 or so, which was probably a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I would laugh if some poor sod duplicated some really valuable stuff by accident, bug reported it, then destroyed the duplicated stuff and after this he gets hit with a lengthy bann or worse a perma ban. I know its not funny but.......sometimes things are so messed up you can't help but laugh at how crappy stuff can be.
    I'll take the bet that that will happen.

Just because I don't understand why there is demand does not mean there is not demand. Supply was lower than Gianthold flawless scales by a factor of 10 or so, which was probably a factor.
    People like to look cool...........i know so many players who get stuff just for the look at me I haz redscale or some such then take off that armour when we go run quests/raids .

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast