Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Dooom

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    "I say hang'em & hang'em high"

It always amuses me, those that are so quick for a witch hunt forget it was failure to correct a problem that led to this in the first place. Failure to own up to it or say anything about it days after it was being posted far and wide (except deleting said mentions).

Yes, let's all blame the mouse that ran after the cheese left in the open. Nevermind who left the cheese on the table in the first place.

P.S. not condoning it, just saying Get real with your witch hunt people.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Wait, I didn't realize the extent of this until I saw the screenshots of stacks of 100s of scales and heard about hundreds of lvl 25-28 augments and true globes of imperial blood being created https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-ruined/page2. If Turbine doesn't reverse the stacks of 100s of these items people created, and ban them, I am leaving the game. I have spent 4 years building up my fortune and storing it in items like scales. If Turbine made these obsolete overnight, and don't reverse the damage, I am quitting the game. No need to have my fortune completely obliterated because someone else exploited.
    Do you empty out all your bags and roll in your *fortune* every night?

I didn't really *hoard* but I did keep surplus stuff to trade or craft stuff for new builds trs, or to trade for stuff I might need or even trade for TP to get new content I had some stuff that was pretty rare and had some value, now its valueless but meh I wont rage quit over it, whats more concerning to me is the slow speed and how indecisive they can be........like a lack of caring, like when stuff like this happened in the past, and the slaps on the wrist if that. Its generated a culture of exploit early and exploit often, I don't know they made some $ off people rushing to buy ADS who hadn't figured it out, then when it reaches a certain mass, more people figuring it out and less buying shards they then make a move? *tinfoil* hat time yeah I know.

makes me wonder if time will tick down on auctions while its unavailable? that will be interesting ive bid on some stuff and have some stuff up, no not anything that will go in a bag . So i might sell so stuff for my lowest opening bid and might get some stuff as well lol if thats the case.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

What is amusing is the level of correction that can be undertaken for something like this but if it's us getting borked out of raid completions and 20th lists and a whole host of other stuff recently, the response is sory, s**t outta luck buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Do you empty out all your bags and roll in your *fortune* every night?

I didn't really *hoard* but I did keep surplus stuff to trade or craft stuff for new builds trs, or to trade for stuff I might need or even trade for TP to get new content I had some stuff that was pretty rare and had some value, now its valueless but meh I wont rage quit over it, whats more concerning to me is the slow speed and how indecisive they can be........like a lack of caring, like when stuff like this happened in the past, and the slaps on the wrist if that. Its generated a culture of exploit early and exploit often, I don't know they made some $ off people rushing to buy ADS who hadn't figured it out, then when it reaches a certain mass, more people figuring it out and less buying shards they then make a move? *tinfoil* hat time yeah I know.

makes me wonder if time will tick down on auctions while its unavailable? that will be interesting ive bid on some stuff and have some stuff up, no not anything that will go in a bag . So i might sell so stuff for my lowest opening bid and might get some stuff as well lol if thats the case.
    That's not tinfoil that's logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    What is amusing is the level of correction that can be undertaken for something like this but if it's us getting borked out of raid completions and 20th lists and a whole host of other stuff recently, the response is sory, s**t outta luck buddy.
    Precisely.. after the change to raid completions... i ran a few raids enough to get close to 20ths.. and then they rolled back the change back to epic and non-epic counting as one... throwing me well over the 20th range.. no compensation for this.. and told i was screwed ..

Auctions have had alot of rare item since the Arena debacle happened,i must admit to running that tirelessly untill the bug got fixed........but ,repeated abuse of a key glitch is way over the Top Cheatin...like it to a murder case;murder of game integrity !
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    Auctions have had alot of rare item since the Arena debacle happened,i must admit to running that tirelessly untill the bug got fixed........but ,repeated abuse of a key glitch is way over the Top Cheatin...like it to a murder case;murder of game integrity !
    EN gianthold stuff? or N gianthold stuff? meh.......moar relics? meh. rare?

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    What is amusing is the level of correction that can be undertaken for something like this but if it's us getting borked out of raid completions and 20th lists and a whole host of other stuff recently, the response is sory, outta luck buddy.
    We have some info on this front as well will bring more info once it's all finalized.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    Murder.

Seriously.

You folks need to tone down your lil hissy fit adjectives. If you've even been a part of a family or close friend circle that was murdered you would be sickened by the fact that some pixelated wealth was compared to it, even remotely.

Yes it was wrong, yes it sucked, but keep it in perspective.
    Git off mah lawn!

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We have some info on this front as well will bring more info once it's all finalized.
    Woooooooot ....... bugger everything else, this post is win

Community Member

This post and the OP are the only ones in this thread showing up on the dev tracker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    It always amuses me, those that are so quick for a witch hunt forget it was failure to correct a problem that led to this in the first place. Failure to own up to it or say anything about it days after it was being posted far and wide (except deleting said mentions).

Yes, let's all blame the mouse that ran after the cheese left in the open. Nevermind who left the cheese on the table in the first place.

P.S. not condoning it, just saying Get real with your witch hunt people.

Witch hunt? not so. This game has enough discrepancies, and yes the fault is not so much the player but the source.
    My image was meant more in jest than your so called witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Thanks for taking action, and for announcing that you are doing such...judiciously.
    Yes, thank you for doing something AND announcing that you are doing so... That second part is very important, and I'm glad you guys are making it clear that bans are being handed out.

We need some permanent bans for the really egregious abusers. And announce that you've handed a few of those out. 5-day ban isn't going to deter anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Witch hunt? not so. This game has enough discrepancies, and yes the fault is not so much the player but the source.
    My image was meant more in jest than your so called witch hunt.
    I know that and you know that.

Of course you adding a cool pic does present you on the side of those that do really want a witch hunt to go down. And frankly, it sickens me. You may not be all about it, as you say you are not, although that post and pic does seem to place you on that side of the camp. I've got no ill will towards either side.

All I'll say is I place a mouse trap to get rid of mice. I don't place cheese all around and jump up and down screaming I have mice in my house and how it's not fair.
    Git off mah lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    What happens to legitimate auctions on the Shard exchange?

I had placed a bit on a shortsword:

will this auction run it's course and I win?
    Is it "paused" for the time being?
    I would also like an answer. I have 60 shards riding on a bid on the ASAH and I would be upset if they disappeared.

Community Member

Question When will we get our items back we posted on the Shard house?

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    What happens to legitimate auctions on the Shard exchange?

I had placed a bit on a shortsword:

will this auction run it's course and I win?
    Is it "paused" for the time being?
    Yeah that is a good question I would like to know myself. What about those of us who posted legit items. Are they on a pause or is time still running down on them, will I get the items I posted back on the shard house when time runs out (not like any 1 can buy them, I know) but just wondering how long will the Astral Shard auction house will be down for and how long my items are on "hold" for? Sucks for all the players who posted items they earned the old fashioned way all because a few players found a bug and exploited it.

Thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    All I'll say is I place a mouse trap to get rid of mice. I don't place cheese all around and jump up and down screaming I have mice in my house and how it's not fair.
    People aren't mice. Terrible analogy

If you left your door unlocked, and people came in and smashed 90% of your stuff and stole all the rest is that your fault or their fault? I bet you say "Both". But if the police caught the guys, would you say "Nah, don't arrest them... it was partly my fault for leaving the door open."
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    that sounds a little S&Mey
    This issue finally became interesting.

Why aren't many of yours (or Cordovans) posts showing up in the Dev Tracker?

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast