Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Shard Exchange Temporarily Unavailable

The Shard Exchange is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. Thanks for your cooperation while we conduct the investigations.

What about a hotfix that disables "auto gather" whilst you fix the underlying issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    What about a hotfix that disables "auto gather" whilst you fix the underlying issue.
    game builds take time to complete/deploy. I'll have more info about that as well.

Community Member

Thank you for acknowledging the issue and taking some action to correct it.

So, what are we looking at as far as discipline for those who duplicated items, but not for profit. the above OP post indicates that people who were abusing the shard exchange will be subjugated for discipline.. but i could be mistaken

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyostal View Post
    subjugated for discipline..
    that sounds a little S&Mey

Community Member

Great to see something being done about this, hope it's fixed for good and we can all get back to enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kyostal View Post
    ... the above OP post indicates that people who were abusing the shard exchange will be subjugated for discipline.. but i could be mistaken
    That would be incorrect. We're currently investigating beyond the shard exchange (which takes time, but we'd rather review the reports carefully this time to avoid the type of issues that were experienced a while back in Mabar).

Community Member

Thank you for taking action so quickly. I wondered why some rare items started to get posted for cheap prices. Can you please make sure the the ill gotten astral shards and items are taken away, and that the accounts are also banned as a punishment? Tell me it's not like the last exploit where people filled a whole bank full of tomes and then got banned for 1-2 days, but still got to keep everything. That made no sense at all...

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Post 1 and the easiest solution!

+1

Community Member

Telero posted this in another thread:

Discussions of specific disciplinary action against accounts isn't appropriate for the forums, and we're trying to be flexible with the current discussions who elect to not get into specifics, but at this point the threads are becoming duplicates of one another and running down the "guess what I heard" rabbit hole.

Actions & investigations are already deploying, game patches are underway, and logs are being collected (particularly of those who shrugged off the launcher message regarding it). At this point there's not a lot left to say.

Regarding the actions: anyone received a ban notice yet?
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The Shard Exchange is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. Thanks for your cooperation while we conduct the investigations.
    Poor item duplicators. Better transfer that money quickly!
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. .
    "I say hang'em & hang'em high"

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    "I say hang'em & hang'em high"

It always amuses me, those that are so quick for a witch hunt forget it was failure to correct a problem that led to this in the first place. Failure to own up to it or say anything about it days after it was being posted far and wide (except deleting said mentions).

Yes, let's all blame the mouse that ran after the cheese left in the open. Nevermind who left the cheese on the table in the first place.

P.S. not condoning it, just saying Get real with your witch hunt people.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

What is amusing is the level of correction that can be undertaken for something like this but if it's us getting borked out of raid completions and 20th lists and a whole host of other stuff recently, the response is sory, s**t outta luck buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    What is amusing is the level of correction that can be undertaken for something like this but if it's us getting borked out of raid completions and 20th lists and a whole host of other stuff recently, the response is sory, s**t outta luck buddy.
    Precisely.. after the change to raid completions... i ran a few raids enough to get close to 20ths.. and then they rolled back the change back to epic and non-epic counting as one... throwing me well over the 20th range.. no compensation for this.. and told i was screwed ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    What is amusing is the level of correction that can be undertaken for something like this but if it's us getting borked out of raid completions and 20th lists and a whole host of other stuff recently, the response is sory, outta luck buddy.
    We have some info on this front as well will bring more info once it's all finalized.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

We have some info on this front as well will bring more info once it's all finalized.
    Woooooooot ....... bugger everything else, this post is win

Community Member

This post and the OP are the only ones in this thread showing up on the dev tracker for me.

Why aren't many of yours (or Cordovans) posts showing up in the Dev Tracker?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast