Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    If Turbine continues this new policy of regularly banning cheaters, I'll spend MORE money... So go Turbine.

I highly recommend you publicize bannings. Not names, but let people they are happening to deter future cheating.
    I vote a Wall of Shame On You in the MP.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Give them all 30 day bans, but at the same time run a 25% xp, +2 loot, +25% guild renown event for the entire month as well. It's a nice reward for those that follow the rules.
    Yes, let's rub salt into their wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Czekojin View Post
    This is what I think:
    The Stormreaver cannot challenge the Truthful One on his own. Without your support, he's defeated by the superior enemy.
    Best . . . post . . . ever.

Some other players asked this question but since i see no answer i am going to ask too:

What about the various usual items that many players including myself have posted on ASAH?

Some of these have a great value and were hard earned.

Are they going to mailed back when auction expires?

Thanks in advance.
    Server: Orien
    Characters: Menipos / Jhaelant

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    That may be true in some cases, but not in others. People who become disinterested or bored leave without a word. People who are unhappy will express their views in the hopes that something will change. They don't want to leave, they are only doing it because they aren't getting what they believe they should be getting.

It's easy to dismiss complainers but smart businesspeople understand their importance. While some people just like to complain, patterns matter, and when a lot of folks are threatening to quit over something, that should be ignored at the company's peril.

If you think that threats to quit are idle, then I can tell you from personal experience that they are not. Last night I downloaded and tried out a different MMO, the first one I've even looked at since I started DDO in 2011. I prefer DDO as a game. How much of my money that company gets and how much Turbine gets is very much in Turbine's hands. And I assure you that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other people in the same general place.
    Thing is there is always hundreds and thousands of people quitting for various reasons, there is alot of game jumping too with the oversaturated market.
    I doubt this exploit will make a significant dent in either direction, i personally wouldn't even have noticed the exploit if it wasn't for the forums since i hardly use the Shard AH nor the other.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Not a terrible idea... Definitely make sure the exploiters miss Mabar... And perma-ban the worst offenders.
    To all the people saying to perma-ban, let me give you a real life scenario. Jesus fed several thousand men using only a few loaves of bread and a couple fish. He is deemed a religious idol and savior. Someone turns 5 LDS into 10,000 and you scream ban them forever! :-P

Seriously though, it's like the other poster said: This was Turbines fault, really. It's been around and posted about since U19. Why was it not fixed before it was so main stream? The guy that used a death threat (discussed in an earlier post) should have been permabanned. Taking advantage of a safe spot (exploit) is not grounds for permabans. Turbine put them there. I can't be at fault for finding and using them. If I am at fault, Turbine needs to accept some of the responsibility as well. If you're going to permaban me, fire all the devs and get an entirely new crew that will never allow something like this to happen again.

A rollback would be the best bet, but since it would have to go back to U19, that would screw over more players than it's worth. Deleting the items would be next best, but I'm not sure that's even possible. The next step would be punishing the offenders. Temp ban should suffice. The duration is negotiable, but again, this wouldn't have been possible w/o Turbine putting it there in the first place, then knowingly turning a blind eye. I feel that under those circumstances, perma banning is a bit extreme.

Disclaimer: I used myself as an example an in no way admit to using any exploit implied or expressed.

Don't feel like there is any kind of a rush to turn it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    It always amuses me, those that are so quick for a witch hunt forget it was failure to correct a problem that led to this in the first place. Failure to own up to it or say anything about it days after it was being posted far and wide (except deleting said mentions).

Yes, let's all blame the mouse that ran after the cheese left in the open. Nevermind who left the cheese on the table in the first place.

P.S. not condoning it, just saying Get real with your witch hunt people.
    Yes, because people should never be held accountable for their actions, it's always somebody else's fault.

Community Member

Default Se

When will the SE be back up?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    Seriously though, it's like the other poster said: This was Turbines fault, really. It's been around and posted about since U19. Why was it not fixed before it was so main stream? The guy that used a death threat (discussed in an earlier post) should have been permabanned. Taking advantage of a safe spot (exploit) is not grounds for permabans. Turbine put them there. I can't be at fault for finding and using them. If I am at fault, Turbine needs to accept some of the responsibility as well. If you're going to permaban me, fire all the devs and get an entirely new crew that will never allow something like this to happen again.
    You know the guy that left his car open that you happened to steal might get a fine for it or get problems with his insurance but it would in no way alter the punishment for you. (At least for german law :P).
    So Turbines punishment is unhappy players and a possible income loss (still doubt that though) but that does not take any responsibility away from the the people using exploits.

Default Any news/update?

On the ladder bug? I think that has been going on since beta...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    You know the guy that left his car open that you happened to steal might get a fine for it or get problems with his insurance but it would in no way alter the punishment for you. (At least for german law :P).
    So Turbines punishment is unhappy players and a possible income loss (still doubt that though) but that does not take any responsibility away from the the people using exploits.
    I'm not saying they aren't responsible. I'm just saying the blame doesn't land squarely on their shoulders. Turbine's code made it possible. Are the stone of change recipes exploits because they are not clearly defined as intended. There is no barter UI to clearly show a recipe or what to expect from it.

Would you call for a perma ban for other exploits? Safe spots, the other bag bug, etc? Imo this is not perma ban material. Perma ban is reserved for those who actively ruin the game for others. If this were the real world you might go to jail for stealing, but it probably wouldn't be a life sentence...

Post About the investigation...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The Shard Exchange is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. Thanks for your cooperation while we conduct the investigations.
    I used DDO's "duplication bug" to gather thousands of rare materials and ingredients... Come on! Investigate me!
    I am crystal clear in front of you. About four years now I spent more that 500 euro on this game plus I reported every bug in order to help around the gameplay. Always tolerated bugs and lag but NOW Turbine is "investigating" some accounts about a bug!

I PLAYED THE GAME AS YOU SERVED IT!

So stop "investigating" and start debugging this game.

Community Member

The attempts by people to justify this are beyond lame. No, it's not the end of the world. But it does cause harm to real people who are at the other end of those voice and chat connections. Some folks have limited time for leisure activities. Others have spent real money on things that exploits ruin. Turbine themselves have also been hurt by this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBlackChaos View Post
    Did you? Well, you played it after agreeing to the DDO terms of service, including a code of conduct that says this:

Quote Originally Posted by DDO Code of Conduct
    You will not exploit, distribute or publicly communicate any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage within the Dungeons&Dragons Online game world. Bugs should be reported via the Ingame Bug Reporting Form.
    And which furthermore states:

Quote Originally Posted by DDO Code of Conduct
    A player who violates the Code of Conduct may be warned by Turbine staff, but some particularly serious violations or repeated violations can result in other sanctions, such as a lockout or permanent ban, without warning. In addition, Turbine reserves the right to delete characters or entire accounts as we see fit, without warning, for certain violations.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but if Turbine throws the book at people who deliberately duped items, that will go a long way towards me personally resubscribing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBlackChaos View Post
    I used DDO's "duplication bug" to gather thousands of rare materials and ingredients... Come on! Investigate me!
    I am crystal clear in front of you. About four years now I spent more that 500 euro on this game plus I reported every bug in order to help around the gameplay. Always tolerated bugs and lag but NOW Turbine is "investigating" some accounts about a bug!

So stop "investigating" and start debugging this game.
    You know, I ran a NWN server on the back end, and some bug fixes had unintended side effects. For example, the one that sticks most in my mind, was a Visual Effects bug that broke my door scripts. The fix to their fix was simple, all the affected doors used the same script, applying the fix was a bit more complicated, with something like 1,000 doors affected. It was very easy to miss some when applying it. This was small, in relation to what Turbine has to work with. Bugs get in, there's almost literally no way to prevent that. The fault lies with players that violate the ToS they agreed to when they log in, and instead of reporting a suspected exploit, they just run with it until it's found, and then come to forums and say "But it's Turbine's fault".

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Tolero, another request.

Please permaban anyone that you have 'beyond reasonable doubt' was doing significant amounts of duping and any other accounts linked to their credit card, but do not ban anyone where you just think they 'more likely than not' duped.

The game may not survive another large round of false bannings like Maban. It's better that half of the guilty get away than that you catch all the cheats and also 0.1% of the non-cheating population.
    I've held off responding to this "situation" since it started, thinking I'd see how it went. But then I read this post and felt I should chime in. I vehemently disagree with the post I quoted. Where I don't think people should get away unscathed, the part I have a problem with is bolded.

Let me give you an example. Say there's a husband, wife, and their two kids playing. All four of them have vip accounts because dad is a nce guy and wanted them all to be able to play together. Now let's say little Billy found out about said exploit and participated in it. But his parents and older brother did not. Are you saying that all four accounts should be banned just because one of them participated? I don't normally use the word stupid, because of its negativity, but that is easily one of the more stupid solutions I've read in this entire thread.

To reiterate, I think that people who knowingly participated in said exploit should be punished in some way. I also believe that a three day or a five day ban may not be enough, but a permanent ban is ludicrous. Make it a week, or even as someone else suggested, ban the offending account until Mabar is over. That would work for me.

Also, "delete the characters that used the exploit"? Seriously seems a tad on the harsh side, doesn't it? I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished in some way, but character deletion seems equivalent to the old "steal a loaf of bread and they cut your hand off". Just sayin.....
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 10-08-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    Yes, because people should never be held accountable for their actions, it's always somebody else's fault.
    I never said there shouldn't be some level of accountability ones self must have.

I did mention that fair and ethical business does not ignore a situation and then come heavy handed down on it. Which can be viewed as entrapment.

I did also mention that some posters are just getting carried away with this and what they want to have happen.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post

Was the car left open for months?

He did not say people shud not get banned. But while Turbine is at it, u shud be aware that they pretty often do not permaban vips but more likely premiums/f2ps due to their not spending that much money on the game. Yet f2ps cannot use shard hosue for example which means they cud only half exploit the system. And then again, ddo has become pay-to-win game in the last 2-3 years. Maybe focusing on bugs/exploits instead of giving rich (jobcreator?) players newer pets, newer contentz and iconic money would have avoided this issue entirely. If something is greatly the developers' fault too, then permanent ban is out of the question. Well i dont mind astral house exploiters getting banned, tho dont really care about ppl who make easy money, coz this pay-to-win mechanic already introduced that greedy mentality. Greater tome of xp, raid bypass, shroud ingerdiants, pets... I do not have to make a full list on how turbine lets ppl exploit a system they now claim they are defending from getting unbalanced.

p.s.: I grow weary of ppl who promote big bans. How am i supposed to know they havent cheated months ago? Their logs are prolly removed(overridden) by now, so they can easily say "hehe ofc i never used this exploit, hang those cheaters!". I suspect most hatemongerers here exploited well too, just have their backs covered. If you wanna keep it rational, make normal statements and stop banbanban-ing. Most of you did not look up this forum out of a sudden idea. You knew exactly that this day was coming.
    My argument is: turbine has testers, devs, forums, yet, let something like this go on for months not to mention many ppl admitted knowing this and admitted that they encountered this a few years back as well. What does it make you? Honest, sure.
    Last edited by g4b3; 10-08-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast