Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by monkolous100 View Post
    vegan eh? ur diet is in vain there is prolly face everywhere from ur sneakers to ur lawn industry wastes nothing these days.
    Lawn industry? My lawn industry is when it rains and my grass gets wet. I'd rather it not rain - then you don't have to cut the grass.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

q.q i am in time out for 14 days now... /cry i knew those stacks were too good to be true xD

vegan eh? ur diet is in vain there is prolly face everywhere from ur sneakers to ur lawn industry wastes nothing these days.

Here ya go, you forgot these > ,..

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post

Wondering if Eladrin is over there now too.
    Well... Hem... If all the experienced devs moved to IC that might explain why <UNNAMED DEV> was left here to $@(# all over the entire DDO loot system. I just can't wait till I pull my next Ghostbane weapon! I might die from the anticipation of opening the next chest!
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    "Should" again. All software has bugs, and anyone who's spent some time in DDO knows the codebase is a steaming pile. It still doesn't change the rules you've agreed to when playing.

The OP's suggestion that it's not only OK but laudable to exploit bugs, and that Turbine should be punished instead of the exploiters is such a juvenile load of bollox it deserves every bit of hyperbole and ridicule it gets.

So it's ok to break rules if you do it en masse?

Don't break the rules if you can't take the punishment. Creating a thread like this crying about repercussions you *knew* would be coming is just sad.
    Their track record with bugs and "should" takes things too far. There's a threshold whereupon it becomes a joke. I think they've taken a few steps past.

What rules were broken? I haven't seen the rule book you're quoting from.

Mind your own bollox, I suspect your head's in the vicinity anyway.

A company that nickel and dimes it's player/customer base in ways that are near abusive, and yet, puts out such buggy **** doesn't deserve my sympathy. BTW, that's not the same as a justification for anyone's actions, it's merely my response which can be boiled down to "meh."

Community Member

Instead I suggest devs simply delete any character associated with duplicated items and profit of such. I imagine that if devs can track toons that posted or bought items via the exchange. hell I would even suggest pulling down ddo for a few days so ppl can't shift inventory, track out the majority delete characters associated with trans action (items tr banks anything on associated toon). That way for those willing to stay get a second chance with a steep pen and those who rage quite will have been delt with accordinly.
    The problem with your proposal is that - as we all know - Turbine has a knack of messing things up. So most likely they will mess up the tracking and delete characters of accounts that had nothing to do with it.

And when that happens, the outrage about the exploits will be a sea of calm compared to the outrage following. Not to mention it will make big news on most MMO websites. And some players may even take legal action. So all in all: bad idea.

So why don't they do what they used to do with criminals ... ship the exploiters away to the Americas or Australia ... Move their accounts ... ill gotten loot and all to a new server. Then turbine wont lose $$ and everyone is segregated which is really what the pro permabanners want.

Obviously wouldn't happen and very much sarcasm but then you'd have a group of people that are quite comfortable twisting the game to their benefit and they wouldn't have to listen to morally superior banter from some. Use the exploiters to find the cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyaline View Post
    So why don't they do what they used to do with criminals ... ship the exploiters away to the Americas or Australia ... Move their accounts ... ill gotten loot and all to a new server. Then turbine wont lose $$ and everyone is segregated which is really what the pro permabanners want.

Obviously wouldn't happen and very much sarcasm but then you'd have a group of people that are quite comfortable twisting the game to their benefit and they wouldn't have to listen to morally superior banter from some. Use the exploiters to find the cheats.
    They already have a server they could use too, wayfinder, no one lives there. =P

Hero

Why were these even shut down? There are a bunch of items that clearly are part of the recent exploit still on sale. It's not so secret now. Was it to just say:

"Hey we shut it down, so look! We did do...something!"

Default Better Yet

Tel them perma ban or you pay to move your account to the new server ... say $50 or $100 ... build a new world there lol at least Turbine can make some money off it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Why were these even shut down? There are a bunch of items that clearly are part of the recent exploit still on sale. It's not so secret now. Was it to just say:

id imagine to take a snapshot in time type thing ... to record what's there without allowing things to be removed. Just a guess on that though

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post

it may appear as an exploit, but Turbine doesn't want to delete AH posts without making sure they are part of the exploit. it seems they are learning from Mabar, so it could take a little time. eventually those items on AH, in banks, on character or wherever will work its way out of the system if Turbine doesn't delete all of them. the ones that get missed or they don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt will still upset the economy, trading and even reasons to run content for a long time. even items that are not in "obvious" stacks of 100 could be part of the exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    it may appear as an exploit, but Turbine doesn't want to delete AH posts without making sure they are part of the exploit. it seems they are learning from Mabar, so it could take a little time. eventually those items on AH, in banks, on character or wherever will work its way out of the system if Turbine doesn't delete all of them. the ones that get missed or they don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt will still upset the economy, trading and even reasons to run content for a long time. even items that are not in "obvious" stacks of 100 could be part of the exploit.
    I agree and I know people who have been playing the game for 7 years that truly do have 100 large scales ... would be terrible to think they lose those just because they hold a large quantity

Thumbs down Don't turn our Server to a trashyard !

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    They already have a server they could use too, wayfinder, no one lives there. =P
    ***, stop that **** ! We don't wanna your Scum-Players on our little, nice and well organized server !
    We ARE still alive, a very small community, but i will not miss that. Lag-free nice gaming here and i know only 1 here, who used this exploit, but we had no AH full of every nice item u can get. So here is all in fine conditions !
    Sometimes its better to be a small server...

Greetings from Wayfinder

Zotze aka Zangesh / Laladi / Zindragh
    - Proud Officer of Decameron / Cannith -

Zangesh qui Clades (Lvl.28), Fire Shiradi Sorc - Bladeforged 14 Sorc / 4 FvS / 2 Pala
    (3xPL Wizard, 1xPL Sorcerer | Epic Completionist 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Fast Healing, 3x Engery Criticals, 3x Brace, 3x Skill Mastery, 3x Doubleshot, 1xDoublestrike)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Laladi (Lvl.28), Khopesh+Shield Pally - PDK 20 Pala
    (Heroic Completionist | 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Doublestrike, 2x Enchant Weapon, 2x Power over Life and Death)
    Zindragh Zornbinder (Lvl.28), Shuricannon - Drow 20 Monk
    (1xPL Fighter, 3xPL Monk, 1xPL Rouge | 1x Colors of the Queen, 2x Doublestrike, 1x Doubleshot)
    Aibus (Lvl.28) Tank - Purple Dragon Knight 13 FvS / 6 Pala / 1 Fig
    (1xPL Monk, 3xPL Pala)

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

Quote Originally Posted by Zotze View Post
    ***, stop that **** ! We don't wanna your Scum-Players on our little, nice and well organized server !
    We ARE still alive, a very small community, but i will not miss that. Lag-free nice gaming here and i know only 1 here, who used this exploit, but we had no AH full of every nice item u can get. So here is all in fine conditions !
    Sometimes its better to be a small server...

Greetings from Wayfinder

Zotze aka Zangesh / Laladi / Zindragh
    I imagine the native australian population would have said something similar to the British, it was a joke dude calm down. Now yes I think there is no reason to play on such a small pop server unless you want a solo game but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I imagine the native australian population would have said something similar to the British, it was a joke dude calm down. Now yes I think there is no reason to play on such a small pop server unless you want a solo game but whatever.
    Iam in the lucky position that i have many ppl with which i play on this small server and i can tell u, that we can run all content that is possible. So dont worry about us, we explained turbine since years that a merge maybe would be a good thing, but no response. thats it, and we dont wanna transfer our chars to another server, so we would just pay for the bad service of turbine. we can live with the situation very well. A nice small group of skilled and very good ddo veterans is still alive and keeps on killing lloth and draco week for week
    - Proud Officer of Decameron / Cannith -

Zangesh qui Clades (Lvl.28), Fire Shiradi Sorc - Bladeforged 14 Sorc / 4 FvS / 2 Pala
    (3xPL Wizard, 1xPL Sorcerer | Epic Completionist 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Fast Healing, 3x Engery Criticals, 3x Brace, 3x Skill Mastery, 3x Doubleshot, 1xDoublestrike)
    Laladi (Lvl.28), Khopesh+Shield Pally - PDK 20 Pala
    (Heroic Completionist | 3x Colors of the Queen, 3x Doublestrike, 2x Enchant Weapon, 2x Power over Life and Death)
    Zindragh Zornbinder (Lvl.28), Shuricannon - Drow 20 Monk
    (1xPL Fighter, 3xPL Monk, 1xPL Rouge | 1x Colors of the Queen, 2x Doublestrike, 1x Doubleshot)
    Aibus (Lvl.28) Tank - Purple Dragon Knight 13 FvS / 6 Pala / 1 Fig
    (1xPL Monk, 3xPL Pala)

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

Community Member

Guys, can we get back on topic with this thread and get back to vegan donuts?
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Guys, can we get back on topic with this thread and get back to vegan donuts?
    I know, right? Or vegetarian bacon... anything but this navel gazing about the exploits.

Not a single thing will be done or will not be done as a result of posting to the forums. The merging of these two completely unrelated threads shows noone at Turbine is even reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by MelysaCutty View Post
    Let me start by saying that me and my boyfriend became aware of the exploit late last weekend and as do everytime we are aware of exploits, we ignored it. Both of us told our friends we didn't want to hear anything about how it was done or take any part of it.

However, from our perspective this exploit was not only the worst we have seen in 6 years, but we honestly think this was gamebreaking. Why? simply because anyone not participating in the exploit gets impacted as thousands of valuable tradeable items get created easily, diminishing the value of just about everything you have to practically nothing if you are part of the people not participating in it if for as long as the items that were created still exist

Now, most of our friends we're telling us that there was no way that every exploiter would get permanent bans since there were so many of them doing it. Honestly, I told them it was a flawed logic and they shouldn't think that way.. what if they made examples of a few people? What if Turbine took the stern sanction road?

Now we are both ambivalent. We certainly don't want the servers to become ghost towns, neither do we want to loose all of our friends. But our conversations really went towards the message it would send if the worse exploit we've ever seen in this game didn't come with a permanent ban for everyone involved in it. I mean, if the punishment isn't significant, it will become increasingly difficult to deter our friends or anyone else from using the next big exploit of the kind wouldn't it???

And what about Turbine's stance on not discussing exploits and disciplinary actions. We both think that the immediate action upon knowledge of this exploit should have been at a minimum a warning to everyone that using the exploit would result in severe punishment. We even thought this warranted immediate server shutdowns to prevent what was happening.

Turbine GM's, I sincerely hope that if you hand our sanctions over this exploit, especially permanent bans. You should state how many you handed out if the amount of those is significant. Why? Because you need to send a message to these exploiters that the logic of "everyone's doing it so i'm not gonna get banned" is just wrong... make examples of as many of them as you can.

Heck, if it takes mass permabans to deter people from destroying the economy, do it. Let's put some weight behind actually doing the right thing.
    I 2nd that too. Thanks for sharing your experience and your view on it.
    Roobee, the Fallen Child of Darkness
    Guild leader of Friends of Dorothy
    http://friends-of-dorothy.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LXP View Post
    I 2nd that too. Thanks for sharing your experience and your view on it.
    Third that,

ohh and thanks for not mentioning New Zealand in the above post as a place for convicts! ;-} good to see someone knows a bit about history.

Personally I don't think the exploit has had any impact on me, but the thought that those taking advantage of the exploit and getting away scott free is outrageous!

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast