Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Shard Exchange Temporarily Unavailable

The Shard Exchange is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. Thanks for your cooperation while we conduct the investigations.

What about a hotfix that disables "auto gather" whilst you fix the underlying issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    What about a hotfix that disables "auto gather" whilst you fix the underlying issue.
    game builds take time to complete/deploy. I'll have more info about that as well.

Community Member

Thank you for acknowledging the issue and taking some action to correct it.

So, what are we looking at as far as discipline for those who duplicated items, but not for profit. the above OP post indicates that people who were abusing the shard exchange will be subjugated for discipline.. but i could be mistaken

Community Member

Thank you for taking action so quickly. I wondered why some rare items started to get posted for cheap prices. Can you please make sure the the ill gotten astral shards and items are taken away, and that the accounts are also banned as a punishment? Tell me it's not like the last exploit where people filled a whole bank full of tomes and then got banned for 1-2 days, but still got to keep everything. That made no sense at all...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyostal View Post
    subjugated for discipline..
    that sounds a little S&Mey

Community Member

Great to see something being done about this, hope it's fixed for good and we can all get back to enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kyostal View Post
    ... the above OP post indicates that people who were abusing the shard exchange will be subjugated for discipline.. but i could be mistaken
    That would be incorrect. We're currently investigating beyond the shard exchange (which takes time, but we'd rather review the reports carefully this time to avoid the type of issues that were experienced a while back in Mabar).

Thanks for taking action, and for announcing that you are doing such...judiciously.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Thanks for taking action, and for announcing that you are doing such...judiciously.
    Probably means 5 day bans instead of 3 day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The Shard Exchange is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. Thanks for your cooperation while we conduct the investigations.
    Poor item duplicators. Better transfer that money quickly!
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

What happens to legitimate auctions on the Shard exchange?

I had placed a bit on a shortsword:

will this auction run it's course and I win?
    Is it "paused" for the time being?

so Tolero like all accounts will be banned as like half of Orien server and prob. other servers I know of have done this? thanks for getting in a fix but don't wanna see empty servers. >.>
    Orien: ~Erofen (28 Assassin Rogue) ~Erostorage (16 PM Wizard) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (24 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Please note that we continue our research on accounts who have participated in item duplication, and will continue taking action against additional accounts accordingly as our research completes. .
    "I say hang'em & hang'em high"

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

That would be incorrect. We're currently investigating beyond the shard exchange (which takes time, but we'd rather review the reports carefully this time to avoid the type of issues that were experienced a while back in Mabar).
    So, can you foretell what the expected outcome for those who used this duplication process will be? and what will be done with all the materials obtained from it? with how long it has been in game.. will it require a rollback or will it be something less drastic? permaban or tempban... (sorry to flood you with questions, i just know a lot of people who used this and would like to know what will happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Probably means 5 day bans instead of 3 day.
    I guess we'll never know...

How many days does it take to get to the center of the banhammer: 1, 2, 3 (/crunch)...3!
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Wait, I didn't realize the extent of this until I saw the screenshots of stacks of 100s of scales and heard about hundreds of lvl 25-28 augments and true globes of imperial blood being created https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-ruined/page2. If Turbine doesn't reverse the stacks of 100s of these items people created, and ban them, I am leaving the game. I have spent 4 years building up my fortune and storing it in items like scales. If Turbine made these obsolete overnight, and don't reverse the damage, I am quitting the game. No need to have my fortune completely obliterated because someone else exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Wait, I didn't realize the extent of this until I saw the screenshots of stacks of 100s of scales and heard about hundreds of lvl 25-28 augments and true globes of imperial blood being created https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-ruined/page2. If Turbine doesn't reverse the stacks of 100s of these items people created, and ban them, I am leaving the game. I have spent 4 years building up my fortune and storing it in items like scales. If Turbine made these obsolete overnight, and don't reverse the damage, I am quitting the game. No need to have my fortune completely obliterated because someone else exploited.
    You might as well cancel now and uninstall, you know they won't do that, everything in their past history is against it happening.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    You play on a server that was only mildly affected. I really would not be too concerned if I was you. The marginal impact will quickly fade, perhaps unlike other servers.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast