Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 118
  1. #41
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Just heard a rumor that there is a dev that plays on sarlona and this exploit was their pet project and it escaped the bottle.

  2. #42
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I didnt notice anything weird on Thelanis.
    ¸Now I see it.

  3. #43
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I'm not sure what you'd like them to say? They don't comment on exploits. Is there anything they could possibly say to change the situation? If not, don't you feel you're being a bit needy?
    Nope, because the entire point is they need to act more quickly, as well as publicly label the actions not WAI and tell people to refrain from doing it with a reminder that those who dont will be banned. Most other MMOs do this, and it eliminates any conjecture, and stops the justifyers cold. Being all quiet and fight club about it only promotes an atmosphere of "exploit early and often" for those willing to do it.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  4. #44
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    3,493

    Default yep

    Yep, sorta figured it out from reading the various threads. Of course I'm not gonna try it, but wow you think they would be all over the AS end of it since that affects their $s

  5. #45
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    What I dont get is why are people putting it on ah now when they could make 3 times more if they put it on ah in a month or so when it all normalizes?

  6. #46
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    What I dont get is why are people putting it on ah now when they could make 3 times more if they put it on ah in a month or so when it all normalizes?
    Most probably are doing it that way would be my guess.

  7. #47
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Yep, sorta figured it out from reading the various threads. Of course I'm not gonna try it, but wow you think they would be all over the AS end of it since that affects their $s
    Does it affect their $?
    IF there are more ings on the asah more people will buy as because this will get fixed fast and people see this as fast and cheap way to get ings.

  8. #48
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    3,493

    Default Seems

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Does it affect their $?
    IF there are more ings on the asah more people will buy as because this will get fixed fast and people see this as fast and cheap way to get ings.
    There seems to be more of the posts on the shard exchange than the regular AH. But I can see your point if it induces a buying frenzy. Even the shard exchange deals are great. Maybe they adopted a wait and see approach (AS sales start to level off)?

  9. #49
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    3,493

    Default Of course

    Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    There seems to be more of the posts on the shard exchange than the regular AH. But I can see your point if it induces a buying frenzy. Even the shard exchange deals are great. Maybe they adopted a wait and see approach (AS sales start to level off)?
    Of course most the posts are purely speculative. However, I doubt a single player or let alone a solid guild of 100 players could amass that many Large Devil Scales.

  10. #50
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    There seems to be more of the posts on the shard exchange than the regular AH. But I can see your point if it induces a buying frenzy. Even the shard exchange deals are great. Maybe they adopted a wait and see approach (AS sales start to level off)?
    They cant leave it for too long because it will make ings worthless.

  11. #51
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    3,493

    Default I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    They cant leave it for too long because it will make ings worthless.
    I agree.

    It did solve the mystery of why my AH sales dried up this last week/end.

    On positive note, if they left it be, I might actually make GS stuff since I'm unable to sell the parts anymore.

  12. #52
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    What I dont get is why are people putting it on ah now when they could make 3 times more if they put it on ah in a month or so when it all normalizes?
    Avoid being caught red handed with the evidence.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  13. #53
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    They cant leave it for too long because it will make ings worthless.

    Sadly most ingredients already have been worthless for over a year now. If a person cares to grind for it, nearly anything can be gotten within a day. This "thing" that is happening now only effects the people who don't care to farm for something and want to use that "WIN" button turbine was selling awhile ago.

  14. #54
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    Sadly most ingredients already have been worthless for over a year now.
    So 2 weeks ago you could get 20 flawless green dragonscales for under 1 mil plat? What server was that, because it sure wasn't the case on Sarlona.

    How about large devil scales for 9k a piece as I saw on the weekend?

    And this is with a lot of people laying low because of the (small) chance of Turbine taking action. Just wait a few weeks until the crash really gets going.

    Meanwhile: still not a peep out of Turbine.

  15. #55
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Avoid being caught red handed with the evidence.
    I dont use exploits like that.

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    So 2 weeks ago you could get 20 flawless green dragonscales for under 1 mil plat? What server was that, because it sure wasn't the case on Sarlona.

    How about large devil scales for 9k a piece as I saw on the weekend?

    And this is with a lot of people laying low because of the (small) chance of Turbine taking action. Just wait a few weeks until the crash really gets going.

    Meanwhile: still not a peep out of Turbine.
    Just because 20 flawless green are under 1 million plat doesn't make them worth anything. You can still farm 20 green scales in a day. To me that still makes them worthless. The price someone wants to pay for something is what makes the prices go higher or lower. So only people willing to not farm for there own things are the people taking advantage of the stuff offered on the AH now for such a discounted price.

    Turbine won't say anything as you well know. They don't and won't comment on exploits plain and simple. I even saw a comment somewhere over the weekend from a Gm saying everything was working as intended.

    To me, someone doing or using it will not hurt me, I will still do my own thing regardless. To people wanting to take advantage of an easy button, remember they will have to deal with the consequences if they feel what they are doing is wrong.

    If/when it gets changed we will all know in some way shape or form.

  17. #57
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I dont use exploits like that.
    Well, right, but the question was why dont people wait to sell it at a higher price once the economy levels off. They are avoiding being caught red handed with their ill gotten gains.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  18. #58
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    Just because 20 flawless green are under 1 million plat doesn't make them worth anything. You can still farm 20 green scales in a day. To me that still makes them worthless.
    Then you're using your own concocted definition of the word "worthless". In theory you can farm anything if you spend enough time at it -- that's not the point. The point is that before if you wanted one of these armors you had to put in a lot of effort most were not willing to do.

    Even if I could farm 20 of them in a day, they'd have been worth a hell of a lot more 2 weeks ago than they are now. Getting a green dragonscale drop used to be something cool; now it's essentially meaningless. Same with a lot of other things.

    Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    Turbine won't say anything as you well know. They don't and won't comment on exploits plain and simple. I even saw a comment somewhere over the weekend from a Gm saying everything was working as intended.
    I wouldn't mind the radio silence if they actually took prompt action. They don't.

    I can't do anything about it.. other than cancel my subscription and go Premium. Which I intend to do. I am also right now downloading another MMO, the first I've tried since starting DDO in 2011. That's my comment on this exploit and how Turbine has chosen to handle it.

    Whether they see more money from me again is entirely up to them. I'm not quitting, but I'm also not going to financially support a game company that can't even maintain the basic integrity of their own product. They need to get their act together. Soon[tm].

  19. #59
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    Just because 20 flawless green are under 1 million plat doesn't make them worth anything. You can still farm 20 green scales in a day. To me that still makes them worthless. The price someone wants to pay for something is what makes the prices go higher or lower. So only people willing to not farm for there own things are the people taking advantage of the stuff offered on the AH now for such a discounted price.

    Turbine won't say anything as you well know. They don't and won't comment on exploits plain and simple. I even saw a comment somewhere over the weekend from a Gm saying everything was working as intended.

    To me, someone doing or using it will not hurt me, I will still do my own thing regardless. To people wanting to take advantage of an easy button, remember they will have to deal with the consequences if they feel what they are doing is wrong.

    If/when it gets changed we will all know in some way shape or form.
    Just because they are not worth anything to you doesnt make them worthless.

  20. #60
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Well, right, but the question was why dont people wait to sell it at a higher price once the economy levels off. They are avoiding being caught red handed with their ill gotten gains.
    Because they are stupid.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload